Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Says Crime Numbers Are Fake

I am too lazy to dig out the numbers but just an anecdotal look at who did not report the crime statistics reflects a large percentage of the population in the US since it is almost all densely populated areas, so to say that the missing 17% is not significant is not accurate if it reflects something like 40% of the US population, that is just a guess, but I bet it is not that far off.

Most of the time I would agree that 83% is a reasonable number to obtain a mean average, but in this case I think the locations/populations that did not report skew the numbers and probably pretty dramatically.

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    I am too lazy to dig out the numbers but just an anecdotal look at who did not report the crime statistics reflects a large percentage of the population in the US since it is almost all densely populated areas, so to say that the missing 17% is not significant is not accurate if it reflects something like 40% of the US population, that is just a guess, but I bet it is not that far off.

Most of the time I would agree that 83% is a reasonable number to obtain a mean average, but in this case I think the locations/populations that did not report skew the numbers and probably pretty dramatically.
    So, like SP you believe your unsupported argument is sufficient to disregard hard numbers altogether, for reasons you're too lazy to cite.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    So, like SP you believe your unsupported argument is sufficient to disregard hard numbers altogether, for reasons you're too lazy to cite.
    Incomplete numbers are the opposite of "hard numbers" you fucking mongoloid.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Incomplete numbers are the opposite of "hard numbers" you fucking mongoloid.
    ...said Methais on the second day of Asian Pacific American Heritage Month.

I can only imagine the mental gymnastics required to move goalposts to fit such a delusional perspective. To think that these same people cream their pants whenever 1500 people take a poll showing a favorable outcome and call it an affirmation, but 83% of law enforcement agencies in the entire United States, 83%, somehow isn't a valid sample size.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    ...said Methais on the second day of Asian Pacific American Heritage Month.
    Not those mongoloids.

These mongoloids.

And this, minus the working part

If that's too much for you to understand, which it is, then here is the simplest definition

[Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I can only imagine the mental gymnastics required to move goalposts to fit such a delusional perspective. To think that these same people cream their pants whenever 1500 people take a poll showing a favorable outcome and call it an affirmation, but 83% of law enforcement agencies in the entire United States, 83%, somehow isn't a valid sample size.
    You're comparing an opinion poll to actual raw data?

This is like saying we have 83% of the knowledge required to build a rocket ship, we can just fudge the other 17% and build a perfectly working rocket ship that won't explode as soon as we launch it.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 05-02-2024 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    You're comparing an opinion poll to actual raw data?

This is like saying we have 83% of the knowledge required to build a rocket ship, we can just fudge the other 17% and build a perfectly working rocket ship that won't explode as soon as we launch it.
    In all fairness, Seran has only 83% of the mental capacity of the average mongoloid.
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 05-02-2024 at 10:15 PM.

As Mr. Twain said, "Lies, damned lies, and statistics".

So some quick calculations with what I could find municipalities/counties/states that did not report, my list was by no means all inclusive but did represent a lot of high population density areas that have historically had crime problems.

So just a quick look revealed that at least 70.594 million people live in areas that did not report crime statistics and this number was low because I did not feel like digging down for every one. This constitutes 21 percent of the US population, again at a minimum and these are again, high population density areas that typically have higher crime rates. So it is not 83% as someone said, the big question is how many did I miss in my very brief survey and just how low could the number go. It is all well and good to say that a certain percentage of LE agencies reported, but how many people did each one represent versus the ones that did not report. That is the real question.

And not all of this is the LE agencies fault, apparently the FBI implemented a new reporting system and it appears that everything is under reported right now, which makes me wonder even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    In all fairness, Seran has only 83% of the mental capacity of the average mongoloid.
    That's way too generous. It's more like 3%.