Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Says Crime Numbers Are Fake

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    60%.
    A percentage is bullshit. Sample size is what matters.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    The science shows elderly people are more prone to debilitating or fatal complications of covid-19 infection, that is accurate. Not quite sure what pseudoscience you're pandering here to deflect from lower crime rates.
    Yes, they are. So sending them back into their nursing homes and infecting the other residents was one of the dumbest moves you could make... Unless the goal was to raise the death count. Relevant because in a similar fashion a decision was made to make obvious crimes, not crimes, in this case to lower the crime rate. In both instances politics influenced policy to get the desired outcome they can use to stoke fear or prevent it. The sheep eat it up.
    Discord: anebriated

Looking for old characters:
    Elrodin 100 Ranger
    Moider 100 bard

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    A percentage is bullshit. Sample size is what matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Anebriated View Post
    Yes, they are. So sending them back into their nursing homes and infecting the other residents was one of the dumbest moves you could make... Unless the goal was to raise the death count. Relevant because in a similar fashion a decision was made to make obvious crimes, not crimes, in this case to lower the crime rate. In both instances politics influenced policy to get the desired outcome they can use to stoke fear or prevent it. The sheep eat it up.
    83% of law enforcement agencies reported data, the contents of which showed a lower crime rate. Get over it.

83% of law enforcement agencies reported data, the contents of which showed a lower crime rate. Get over it.
    Since Biden took office the CBP have logged 5.4 million illegal boarder crossings and estimated at minimum 1.5 got-aways. Most if not all of those are attached to human trafficking which is a violent crime. Did the FBI include those numbers in their report?

Also, context is key. Like the inflation numbers people get lost in the year over year calculations.

The FBI reported that violent crimes increased an estimated 5.6% in 2020 and remained at that elevated level in 2021, dipping by just 1%.

The 29% estimated increase in murders in 2020 was particularly shocking, and murders jumped another 4.3% in 2021 estimates.

The FBI’s national crime estimates for 2022 found that violent crime decreased 1.7% and there were 6.7% fewer murders. Complete FBI crime data for 2023 won’t be released until the fall, but quarterly reports show violent crime continuing to drop.
    So congrats on the drop, we're almost back to ~10% higher than the Trump era even if 2023 does average out to the 15% they are hoping for in the article. And thats without the extra 17% reporting in.
    Last edited by Anebriated; 05-03-2024 at 03:24 PM.
    Discord: anebriated

Looking for old characters:
    Elrodin 100 Ranger
    Moider 100 bard

So congrats on the drop, we're almost back to ~10% higher than the Trump era even if 2023 does average out to the 15% they are hoping for in the article. And thats without the extra 17% reporting in.
    You're forgetting when we changed Presidents. Trump was president during 100% of 2020 when you say we had a crime surge. He was president for only 5% of 2021.

Also, context is key. Like the inflation numbers people get lost in the year over year calculations.

Whoa, are you bragging about a 29% increase in murders and a 5.6% overall increase in violent crimes during Trump's final year?

You trying to understand the very basics of numbers:

Everyting else too, but right now we're talking about numbers.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Alright ClydeR and Seran… Let’s go to la-la land for a moment and pretend that the FBI’s report is totally valid & take it on face value we have had a slow but steady decrease in crime each year since Biden took office. What would you say were Biden’s policies that contributed to decreasing the crime rate? Be specific.