Thread: Uploaded ;room-buddy to the repo

Default Uploaded ;room-buddy to the repo

Big plans for this script in the near future!

But for now I just need help testing the "Look Portrait" feature. Start the script and click on the name of someone in the room and click "Look Portrait" to see if their portrait is properly downloaded from the Wiki and shows up in the Portrait window. Of course this will only work for poeple who have uploaded pictures in the Wiki for their character.

If you wish to add your own portrait to the Wiki be sure to create a page with your character's name and name the page either your character's name or <character_name (prime)>.
    Example page names:
    Dreaven
    Dreaven (prime)

Script won't yet work for something like Dreaven (platinum) yet, but should be an easy enough change in the future. I'm just lazy.

Be sure to upload your character's portrait after creating their page. The script will use the first image you add to your character's page. Script only checks for jpg or png images so be sure to upload your portrait as one of those file types.

Version log:
    Version 1: Initial release!
    Version 2: Script was only checking for jpg images, now it is checking for both jpg and png images.
    Version 3: Script should now provide instructions on how to download the gem you need.
    Version 4: Script will download every race's image from the Wiki and will display that image as a character's portrait if the character doesn't have a portrait on the Wiki.
    Version 4: Now after the script has checked the Wiki for a character's portrait and didn't find one, it tracks that person's name so in the future if you try to look at that character's portrait it will immediately show the character's race image instead of checking the Wiki again for the portrait. In the future you will have the option to tell the script to check for a portrait again, just in case the person has uploaded a portrait. But for now I'm lazy so that's not an option yet.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 04-23-2024 at 04:44 PM.

If anyone wants, I can use an AI image generator to create your character image for you.

Just send me your character name and which game instance you are in and what details you want to be in your character's portrait (hair, eye color, clothing, etc.)

AI generation isn't perfect but I'll show you some images it created. If you're not sure how to create your character's entry on the Wiki let me know and I can create that for you as well and upload your portrait.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 04-22-2024 at 10:23 PM.

Uploaded new version that now gives instructions on how to download the gem you need to run the script, instead of just crashing out with an error.

Uploaded new version:

Version 4: Script will download every race's image from the Wiki and will display that image as a character's portrait if the character doesn't have a portrait on the Wiki.
    Version 4: Now after the script has checked the Wiki for a character's portrait and didn't find one, it tracks that person's name so in the future if you try to look at that character's portrait it will immediately show the character's race image instead of checking the Wiki again for the portrait. In the future you will have the option to tell the script to check for a portrait again, just in case the person has uploaded a portrait. But for now I'm lazy so that's not an option yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    If anyone wants, I can use an AI image generator to create your character image for you.

Just send me your character name and which game instance you are in and what details you want to be in your character's portrait (hair, eye color, clothing, etc.)

AI generation isn't perfect but I'll show you some images it created. If you're not sure how to create your character's entry on the Wiki let me know and I can create that for you as well and upload your portrait.
    Still offering this. I've created portraits for several people who have been happy with the outcome.

Easier to message back and forth and share images on Discord if you have Discord, I'm dreaven. on there.

I'll show you some images the AI created then I'll help you keep tweaking the input until you find an image you are happy with.