Thread: Hunting is still serious business!

Default Hunting is still serious business!

Alright so check it. One of my characters is out hunting, you know, doing their thing. When I get an ESP message stating I had killed someone else's critter.

So like I always do when I am accused of this, I check my logs to see if my script somehow messed up.

I found the supposed kill steal and what happened was my character was already in the room. MINE I SAY! And a critter enters the room, so me, being the only person in the room, attack said critter. This other person THEN enters the room, attacks the critter and kills it. So me, deciding this room was already mine, skinned and looted the critter and went about my business.

That's when I get the message.

So I think back to the person and tell them what happened.

They then told me I should have looked at the critter first to see all of the bolts stuck in it and I would have known that someone else was attacking it and should have left it alone.

So, like, no, right? Does anyone actually LOOK at a critter before attacking it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Alright so check it. One of my characters is out hunting, you know, doing their thing. When I get an ESP message stating I had killed someone else's critter.

So like I always do when I am accused of this, I check my logs to see if my script somehow messed up.

I found the supposed kill steal and what happened was my character was already in the room. MINE I SAY! And a critter enters the room, so me, being the only person in the room, attack said critter. This other person THEN enters the room, attacks the critter and kills it. So me, deciding this room was already mine, skinned and looted the critter and went about my business.

That's when I get the message.

So I think back to the person and tell them what happened.

They then told me I should have looked at the critter first to see all of the bolts stuck in it and I would have known that someone else was attacking it and should have left it alone.

So, like, no, right? Does anyone actually LOOK at a critter before attacking it?
    This is the dumbest thing I've heard since back when OTF was the place to be in GS3 and Keffal would get super pissed at anyone (which was everyone because 0 people gave a fuck) who didn't disk every crystal-edged weapon and then leave OTF to dump them at the entrance before resuming hunting.

No. That dude is just full of shit and eats corn on the cob the long way.
    Last edited by Methais; 04-20-2024 at 03:27 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Only time I look at a creature is if I'm hunting a group of them and one runs like a little bitch that is wounded. I'm just personally curious if I can find it again and kill it because it ran from me.

Otherwise, I don't look at creatures unless I know the creature is a lone one that's been hanging around a hunting ground as I've moved through it multiple times over the day or it has moved from it's normal hunting area to an adjacent area (that they can move to, but doesn't happen often) because usually that means they are carrying a special spawned weapon that I wish to claim for myself.