Thread: Current state of Monks

Default Current state of Monks

See a lot of threads from 3-4yrs ago and wanted to know what the current thoughts are on things like:

Kroderine Soul?
    - Getting spells seems even easier these days with the invoker.

Dragonscale vs Mental Acuity?
    - How important is Martial Mastery to hit things? -2 CvA in hauberk at cap seems pretty nice!
    - Feel like if you had the XP, you could have enough redux to just take spells to the face and not care.

Archery vs UAC?
    - Archery is super powerful, and being an open archer w/ 3x dodge + evadespec + martial arts mastery in hauberk (with 1202)???
    ~ Peppwyn

2. Default

Kroderine Soul is fantastic, especially with liberal use of FEAT ABSORB. It's a great toolset for a leveling monk, but probably not the optimal build post-cap.

I think I might give it a go at 30, so I can get mental acuity at the same time. Alternative would be to train in armor and forgo 1202, but I went with Halfling (because they are superior to all other races) but want to keep the weight down.
    ~ Peppwyn

Quote Originally Posted by Peppwyn View Post
    I think I might give it a go at 30, so I can get mental acuity at the same time. Alternative would be to train in armor and forgo 1202, but I went with Halfling (because they are superior to all other races) but want to keep the weight down.
    Height supremacist...
    Discord: anebriated

Looking for old characters:
    Elrodin 100 Ranger
    Moider 100 bard

Game changer: advised to use weapon fury instead of mstrike
    Last edited by Peppwyn; 04-04-2024 at 09:00 PM.
    ~ Peppwyn

if you're going the KS route, i would advise using the kswol script on lich

I ended up going dragonscale ... CvA of double chain at 50 was well worth it
    ~ Peppwyn