Thread: Adding armor accessories with permanent resistance?

1. Default Adding armor accessories with permanent resistance?

I found some older armor accessories collecting dust in my locker that have the following permanent resistances on them.

Arm - It is very resistant (25%) to slashing attacks.
    Leg - It is very resistant (25%) to puncturing attacks.
    Head - It is very resistant (25%) to crushing attacks.

I wear full plate with critical padding. If I add these accessories, does it change the critical padding in any way to make it weaker? I thought I read something awhile back where doubling up on say critical and damage padding changed some behavior.

Also, any idea how this compares with armor specializations of the same type? Can you have both and stack?

Thanks!

If you can make any heads or tails out of this info off the gswiki:

Armor Accessories
    NOTE: GM Naijin revealed that as long as 10 services (1 CER) of padding is present on a resistant/flaring/spiked armor accessory, the padding present on the main (torso) armor will carry over and be applied to the armor accessory and not be halved in effectiveness. If it is critical padding, then the 1 CER present on the accessory must be critical padding for it to carry over and not be halved in effectiveness. If it is damage padding, then the 1 CER present on the accessory must be damage padding for it to carry over and not be halved in effectiveness. If the main (torso) armor has both critical and damage padding then the accessory must have at least 1 CER of both critical and damage padding for it to carry over and not be halved in effectiveness.

Combining armor items with enhancements have various effects. Note that the effects only take place in the active area. i.e. Effects due to enhancement of armor remain unchanged with respect to the head, neck, torso, and arms when worn in conjunction with leg greaves that bear an enhancement.

Padding + Padding (Similar)
    Armor accessories with padding types similar to the armor they cover result in the area having padding equal to the highest rank between the two. e.g. Masterfully critical padded leg greaves worn with heavily critical padded hauberk results in masterful critical padding of the legs. When the same type of padding is present on the main armor and an armor accessory, the higher of the two will always take priority in regards to combat resolutions. This means it is possible to have a 20 CER critical padded metal breastplate and a pair of leg greaves with 1 CER and the 20 CER critical padding of the metal breastplate would be applied to the leg greaves. However, if the leg greaves did not have that 1 CER of critical padding present, then the 20 CER of the metal breastplate would not be applied to the leg greaves. The same is true for damage padding.

Padding + Padding (Dissimilar)
    Armor accessories with padding types different from the armor they cover causes both types of padding to be halved in effectiveness. e.g. Heavily critical padded leg greaves combined with heavily damage padded hauberk results in somewhat critical and somewhat damage padding of the legs. However, if a player gets 10 services (1 CER) of the same type of padding present on the hauberk on the leg greaves in the above example, in this instance the heavy damage padding of the hauberk would carry over to the heavily critical padded leg greaves.

Padding + Spikes/Flares
    Armor accessories with flares combines with critical or damage padded armor results in the padding being halved in that coverage area. e.g. Fire flaring leg greaves combined with heavily damage padded hauberk results in somewhat damage padding of the legs with the appropriate flaring effects. However, if a player gets 10 services (1 CER) of the same type of padding present on the hauberk on the leg greaves in the above example, in this instance the heavy damage padding of the hauberk would carry over to the fire flaring leg greaves.

Padding + Enhancement
    For these purposes, enhancement refers to resistance to specific damage types, an active bless, or TD enhancement. Armor accessories with such enhancements cause padding of the base armor to be halved in effectiveness. e.g. Heavily critical padded hauberk worn with blessed leg greaves results in somewhat critical padding of the legs. However, if a player gets 10 services (1 CER) of the same type of padding present on the hauberk on the leg greaves in the above example, in this instance the heavy critical padding of the hauberk would carry over to the blessed leg greaves.
    Padding + Stat/Skill Enhancement Armor accessories that are only skill or stat enhancives will retain the padding of the main armor. e.g. Heavily critical padded double leather with +2 strength arm greaves will retain heavily crit padding in that area.

TLDR: armor accessories padding must match torso

If torso armor has crit and damage padding then the accessory must match ( 1 CER Crit / 1 CER Dmg)

If they match then the attack resolution chooses the higher value (torso vs accessory) padding level and applies the resist ( in this case we want the torso padding level)

Currently you’d get half of each on those areas if you wear the accessories.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

5. Default

So in my case is the slash, puncture and crushing count as the following (Padding + Enhancement)? If this is the case then the way I am reading it is that the critical padding on my plate armor would be halved if I were to wear the armor accessories.

Padding + Enhancement
    For these purposes, enhancement refers to resistance to specific damage types, an active bless, or TD enhancement. Armor accessories with such enhancements cause padding of the base armor to be halved in effectiveness. e.g. Heavily critical padded hauberk worn with blessed leg greaves results in somewhat critical padding of the legs. However, if a player gets 10 services (1 CER) of the same type of padding present on the hauberk on the leg greaves in the above example, in this instance the heavy critical padding of the hauberk would carry over to the blessed leg greaves.
    Padding + Stat/Skill Enhancement Armor accessories that are only skill or stat enhancives will retain the padding of the main armor. e.g. Heavily critical padded double leather with +2 strength arm greaves will retain heavily crit padding in that area.

6. Default

Ok thanks all for confirming it would be halved.

One more thing does anyone know the percentage of those enhancements if they were added via armor specialization/fittings?

So I am thinking if I get armor specialization of crush, puncture or slash on my main plate armor then I could wear the accessory that matches and get no halving of the critical protection and get the max enhancement either through the accessory or the specialization fittings.