Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: +50 to ANY LORE

Default +50 to ANY LORE

Whalemart is back.

Enhancive combining: 1,000,000 bloodscrip
    All items will be destroyed outside parent item.
    No moving enhancives around or persisting anything to other items.
    Enhancive being transferred cannot come from fodder, they must be enhancives that are currently in use.
    This means no buying anything from pawnshops, player shops, etc. They must be items that have been in use since before Duskruin started.
    I have +50 to any lore available for the right price!

This means no buying anything from pawnshops, player shops, etc. They must be items that have been in use since before Duskruin started.
    The GMs create such odd rules.

Not cool. Treating someone spending $2400 on a dumb text item as a nuisance and threaten to confiscate $2400 from them is something else. This throws cold water on all my GS spending moving forward.
    Last edited by Rjex; 02-24-2024 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjex View Post

Not cool. Treating someone spending $2400 on a dumb text item as a nuisance and threaten to confiscate $2400 from them is something else. This throws cold water on all my GS spending moving forward.
    Wait is that real? Is he really saying he'll take the 1m bloodscrip, then determine the item isn't eligible, and just keep the 1m bloodscrip? Because that sure as shit sounds like what he's saying. Maybe he's just bad at sarcasm though.

At this point I would be afraid to even try it even if I were interested. I have a bunch of enhancives I use for enchanting. If I try this service on a character I don't use the enhancives on is it going to look like I have never used the items on that character then so I'm breaking this dumb rule about needing to use the item before DR opened?
    Last edited by Tgo01; 02-24-2024 at 08:00 AM.

Because the service was clearly made for a handful of specific people and the GMs already know who they are, it's things like this that make me very cynical.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Wait is that real? Is he really saying he'll take the 1m bloodscrip, then determine the item isn't eligible, and just keep the 1m bloodscrip? Because that sure as shit sounds like what he's saying. Maybe he's just bad at sarcasm though.

At this point I would be afraid to even try it even if I were interested. I have a bunch of enhancives I use for enchanting. If I try this service on a character I don't use the enhancives on is it going to look like I have never used the items on that character then so I'm breaking this dumb rule about needing to use the item before DR opened?
    He doesn't deal with sarcasm well so it's possible he is being sarcastic but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post

I think he's being kind of sarcastic but basically the rules are pretty clear and if they think you've broken them even by a smidge they'll say no and deny you a refund. I had Ophion take my GM auction tart kiln away with no compensation because he accused me of silver passing (i didn't) when silvers were actually worth something so it's not like its without precedent.
    R.I.P. Bushido Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    if they think you've broken them even by a smidge they'll say no and deny you a refund.
    Yeah and that's kind of bullshit. Especially for such a dumb rule. So if I had a really awesome enhancive I've had sitting in my locker for a year and I think it is a good candidate since I had it before DR, they might look at it and say "You've never used this item. We'll just be taking those 1m bloodscrip now...."

I mean probably not? but it's kinda moot since they scratched the service anyway
    R.I.P. Bushido Brown

10. Default

"So if I had a really awesome enhancive I've had sitting in my locker for a year and I think it is a good candidate since I had it before DR, they might look at it and say "You've never used this item."

As usually, the "rule" is poorly drafted. They use the passive voice "in use," which creates a question that needs to be answered (in use by who?).

They provide a few additional sentences that could possibly clarify things, but if they they had written the first sentence with care, none of those other additional sentences would be needed, and it could have been crystal clear. This pretty much happens with nearly ever signage or announcement, which then leads to back and forth while questions are answered and things are clarified.
    Last edited by gilchristr; 02-25-2024 at 03:58 AM.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!