Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Simu is officially monetizing spell ups now

Default Simu is officially monetizing spell ups now

Advanced Spell Up Pills will be making their way to the SimuCoin Store later today! Commonly referred to as an "invoker spellup" the green crystal bottle will contain either 10 or 100 uses. Price will be 50 SimuCoins (SC) per use (so 500 SC and 5000 SC respectively). We will be introducing them for the next 90 days with a 40% discount.

Invoker changes are not yet here, but will be moving to Mist Harbor with a 10,000 silver cost
    Funny seeing people on Discord confused as to why the Invoker will both be a premium benefit and not be available 24/7.

It's because they want you to both pay for premium AND buy the Invoker pills via SimuCoins. If the Invoker were available 24/7 then they would just get your premium subscription cost fee, this way they'll probably get you to also buy the pills in case you don't want to wait for the scheduled visit.

I wonder what they will monetize next? Maybe an NPC who can perform standard Enchanting services that never runs out of essence.

desperate times.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

They could have kept the invoker at the park, still introduced the pills, but charged silvers for everyone to use.

Free accounts - 50k a pop. They can still use it, but it's rather costly for them since the most they can keep is 100k in the bank without paying for an increase through the simu store and they have a 50k daily treasure cap. They'd need to pick and choose how often they can actually afford to do this.

Basic accounts - 25k a pop. Half the cost of F2P, but can still be felt by those that aren't hunting rich areas or are good at generating silvers - which really isn't hard to do. A couple of hunts in an hour I can easily net 50K just off skins, plus an extra 200k+ from gems/coins/boxes. Right there I'm covered for the next handful of invoker uses, plus it helps drain out silvers.

Premium accounts - free. They pay more, they get the best benefit.

I wonder if the change to the invoker will bite them in the ass.....I hope it does. I have access to FWI, but I don't like going there and an invoker isn't going to make me want to visit it anymore than I already do.

In the end I can see Dreaven's service gaining more popularity here and then the GMs screaming that he's breaking the game and causing lag. It may be a nasty repeat of what happened several years back before the invoker became the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    They could have kept the invoker at the park, still introduced the pills, but charged silvers for everyone to use.

Free accounts - 50k a pop. They can still use it, but it's rather costly for them since the most they can keep is 100k in the bank without paying for an increase through the simu store and they have a 50k daily treasure cap. They'd need to pick and choose how often they can actually afford to do this.

Basic accounts - 25k a pop. Half the cost of F2P, but can still be felt by those that aren't hunting rich areas or are good at generating silvers - which really isn't hard to do. A couple of hunts in an hour I can easily net 50K just off skins, plus an extra 200k+ from gems/coins/boxes. Right there I'm covered for the next handful of invoker uses, plus it helps drain out silvers.

Premium accounts - free. They pay more, they get the best benefit.

I wonder if the change to the invoker will bite them in the ass.....I hope it does. I have access to FWI, but I don't like going there and an invoker isn't going to make me want to visit it anymore than I already do.

In the end I can see Dreaven's service gaining more popularity here and then the GMs screaming that he's breaking the game and causing lag. It may be a nasty repeat of what happened several years back before the invoker became the norm.
    They'd rather complain about there being too many silvers in the game while not doing anything significant to drain silvers from the game, with the only exception being event boxes, which is at least a step in the right direction. But I'm pretty sure that's all they've done.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    Supposedly they fixed the lag "I" was causing (even though the game was lagging when I literally hadn't even been logged in for over 10 hours) years ago, why they kept the invoker around so long is a mystery.

Part of me feels like it was because of the GMs' egos. People on Discord all sucking as much GM dick as they could saying how great the invoker was.

The cynical part of me wonders if they were acting as a drug dealer. Get everyone hooked on these instant cast spells, then pull the rug out from them and charge the money to have on demand full spellups whenever they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Supposedly they fixed the lag "I" was causing (even though the game was lagging when I literally hadn't even been logged in for over 10 hours) years ago, why they kept the invoker around so long is a mystery.

Part of me feels like it was because of the GMs' egos. People on Discord all sucking as much GM dick as they could saying how great the invoker was.

The cynical part of me wonders if they were acting as a drug dealer. Get everyone hooked on these instant cast spells, then pull the rug out from them and charge the money to have on demand full spellups whenever they wanted.
    If so, then Dreaven's murder should be happening soon, because drug dealers loathe competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    If so, then Dreaven's murder should be happening soon, because drug dealers loathe competition.
    Just the other day I was script checked, then literally the next day one of my characters was pulled into the consultation lounge for no reason that I could discern (didn't see a script check or anything.)

I asked in the room if anyone was there and listening, after about 5 minutes I was about ready to use REPORT to ask what was going on and my character was spit back out into the game with not a single message from a GM.

They are after me! Or aliens! Or both!
    Last edited by Tgo01; 02-12-2024 at 03:42 PM.

They'd rather complain about there being too many silvers in the game while not doing anything significant to drain silvers from the game, with the only exception being event boxes, which is at least a step in the right direction. But I'm pretty sure that's all they've done.
    They just need to create AI-enhanced cyber bot NPCs that exchange their services for silvers. I’m talking top quality high-elf sex workers to save Elanthia’s economy. Problem solved.

9. Default

The vouchers from event boxes are going to be attuned to your account in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    The vouchers from event boxes are going to be attuned to your account in the future.
    I bet that move will drop the purchase of event boxes by half. I've seen a lot of people dropping silvers on event boxes for their multiple accounts and then turning around and selling them for a small profit in return (or at least making their silvers back and being able to keep an experience orb for free). If these folks can't resell vouchers then the event box is going to be rather pointless for a some people.