Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ranger vs Bard (post cap)

Default Ranger vs Bard (post cap)

I know this will probably not be straight forward but I wanted to ask which is most lethal against single target, multiple targets, best DS and AS, manoeuvres etc etc.

Just which is best basically. Because I’m considering changing my profession and I have zero, literally zero experience with bards and I’ve done nothing but hunt as a ranger.

The thing I’m most worried about is losing hide, snipeysnipe.
    Hiding gives you protection from getting smashed by an unfair manoeuvre as soon as you enter a room. That is almost priceless to me. I hear bards don’t give a fuck though and aren’t that badly affected by manoeuvres.
    Last edited by Asha; 01-29-2024 at 06:13 AM.

Pure bard just spam 1030 forever and win.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Pure bard just spam 1030 forever and win.
    Until the bard review gets back on the table. Which may be never, in fairness. But if it does RIP 1030/1035

Awesome. I’ve heard that kind of thing before about bards. I know they got some kind of nerf recently? Or I thought they did. Glad it hasn’t changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    Awesome. I’ve heard that kind of thing before about bards. I know they got some kind of nerf recently? Or I thought they did. Glad it hasn’t changed.
    Those nerfs went away when Divergence went away. Because Divergence was full blown AIDS.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    Until the bard review gets back on the table. Which may be never, in fairness. But if it does RIP 1030/1035
    Hopefully it happens sooner than later because until it does (along with the Wizard and I think two other professions reviews) they aren't touching Ascension and we'll be stuck with the stale ass state that it's in.

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    Hopefully it happens sooner than later because until it does (along with the Wizard and I think two other professions reviews) they aren't touching Ascension and we'll be stuck with the stale ass state that it's in.
    I hope it never happens because Simu dev is stupid and will ruin both classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I hope it never happens because Simu dev is stupid and will ruin both classes.
    Knowing them they'll probably put enchanting through the mixer again and it'll be the 4th (maybe 5th???, I can't remember anymore) iteration of the spell in the past 10 years.

I'm just hoping that they fix things properly with lores on spells, like removing the shitty summation chart crap and have bonuses build up from skill and not a system that punishes people with diminishing returns.

On the other hand I don't want them to jump in and fix much because I guarantee we'll see wizard spells make a big shift to a lot of them utilizing SMR.

Bards are mostly top tier because 1030/1035 is just so good. But they do have weaknesses. They have the lowest TD in the game, for one. They also got kind of nerfed by ewave going SMR2 (and least from my personal experience. If someone has had a better time of it than me, please let me know!).

Honestly both classes are really damn good. I assume bard service will make more money than ranger service. But rangers complete bounties much faster, which is something I value.

If you want my personal opinion, you should be making this choice 100% based on RP, if this is your main.
    Last edited by Mobius1; 01-29-2024 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    Knowing them they'll probably put enchanting through the mixer again and it'll be the 4th (maybe 5th???, I can't remember anymore) iteration of the spell in the past 10 years.

I'm just hoping that they fix things properly with lores on spells, like removing the shitty summation chart crap and have bonuses build up from skill and not a system that punishes people with diminishing returns.

On the other hand I don't want them to jump in and fix much because I guarantee we'll see wizard spells make a big shift to a lot of them utilizing SMR.
    They're still hung up on this whole pile of shit with "slowing down combat" because they're stupid. So I expect most if not all bard/wizard changes to be nerfs with their goal being to make everyone equally mediocre and boring and even more tedious than before due to things being slower.

Or like 99% will be nerfs, and then they'll do something like buff Weapon Fire from being useless to almost useless and be like "Why are you guys mad? Look what we gave you!"

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I doubt it.
    Last edited by Methais; 01-29-2024 at 01:21 PM.