Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bard Profession Spell is live

Default Bard Profession Spell is live

I fucking hate discord, I can't find a damn thing on there and the search function sucks ass on it.....

Some info has been updated here:
    https://gswiki.play.net/Song_of_Luck_(1006)
    - See the bottom half of the page

Code:
    Bard Service
    The bard is able to craft a Luck Talisman, and is unlocked when you learn 30 ranks in the Bard spell circle. When worn, the item will grant a chance to reroll combat rolls for a better result. There are 6 total tiers. The first 5 tiers each grants a 4% chance of a reroll. This reaches a maximum of a 20% chance of a reroll. The 6th tier enables the use of "Fated Fortune".

The % chance to reroll applies to AS/DS, CS/TD, UCS, and SMR rolls when attacking or defending

“Fated Fortune”: Once a Luck Talisman reaches tier 5, it may be further imbued (tier 6, requiring 200,000 luck) with luck to unlock the Fated Fortune ability. When the Luck Talisman saves a character from an open roll (which would only happen when defending against SMR - the other combat systems don’t have open rolls) against a creature that they can learn from (no more than 10 levels below them), it stores that lost luck from the attacker as a charge. The talisman can then be activated to release the captured luck so the character’s next attack (in any combat system) uses an open roll. (i.e. 100 + d100). It is capable of storing 5 charges.

Creating a lucky talisman:
    Holding a songstone in your left hand and the item in your right PREP 1006,
    CAST at the item twice.

Suffuse and Resources work if needed for success

For adding Luck charges:
    PREP 1006
    CHANNEL at the item twice
    No songstone required.
    1000 inspiration per charge cost

Success Factors

Level: +1 per level (100)
    Intuition: +1 per stat bonus (25)
    Influence: +1 per stat bonus (25)
    Bard songs: 2 per rank up to level then 1 (302)
    Mental Mana Control: 1 per rank (101)
    Elemental Mana Control: 1 per rank (101)
    Magic Item Use: 1 per rank (202)
    Tavern or Shrine of Cholen, Jastev, or Tilamaire Bonus: +20

Baseline Maximum: 100 + 25 + 25 + 302 + 101 + 101 + 202 + 20 = 876

Difficulty

75 + (tier * 75)

T6 difficulty 525 base

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    I fucking hate discord, I can't find a damn thing on there and the search function sucks ass on it.....

Some info has been updated here:
    https://gswiki.play.net/Song_of_Luck_(1006)
    - See the bottom half of the page

Code:
    Bard Service
    The bard is able to craft a Luck Talisman, and is unlocked when you learn 30 ranks in the Bard spell circle. When worn, the item will grant a chance to reroll combat rolls for a better result. There are 6 total tiers. The first 5 tiers each grants a 4% chance of a reroll. This reaches a maximum of a 20% chance of a reroll. The 6th tier enables the use of "Fated Fortune".

The % chance to reroll applies to AS/DS, CS/TD, UCS, and SMR rolls when attacking or defending

“Fated Fortune”: Once a Luck Talisman reaches tier 5, it may be further imbued (tier 6, requiring 200,000 luck) with luck to unlock the Fated Fortune ability. When the Luck Talisman saves a character from an open roll (which would only happen when defending against SMR - the other combat systems don’t have open rolls) against a creature that they can learn from (no more than 10 levels below them), it stores that lost luck from the attacker as a charge. The talisman can then be activated to release the captured luck so the character’s next attack (in any combat system) uses an open roll. (i.e. 100 + d100). It is capable of storing 5 charges.

Creating a lucky talisman:
    Holding a songstone in your left hand and the item in your right PREP 1006,
    CAST at the item twice.

Suffuse and Resources work if needed for success

For adding Luck charges:
    PREP 1006
    CHANNEL at the item twice
    No songstone required.
    1000 inspiration per charge cost

Success Factors

Level: +1 per level (100)
    Intuition: +1 per stat bonus (25)
    Influence: +1 per stat bonus (25)
    Bard songs: 2 per rank up to level then 1 (302)
    Mental Mana Control: 1 per rank (101)
    Elemental Mana Control: 1 per rank (101)
    Magic Item Use: 1 per rank (202)
    Tavern or Shrine of Cholen, Jastev, or Tilamaire Bonus: +20

Baseline Maximum: 100 + 25 + 25 + 302 + 101 + 101 + 202 + 20 = 876

Difficulty

75 + (tier * 75)

T6 difficulty 525 base
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Did they change lore singing permanence too then?
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

No idea, I can't find shit on discord when I need to. I just stumbled across what I posted because I went to see how much energy my bard had saved up and noticed I was at zero for everything (even suffused energy that was around 300 points) was gone and had the message below when I checked my resource verb this morning:

Warning to Bards: Suffused energy collected for unlocking loresongs *WILL* *NOT* convey to any new service ability.

That's when I got on discord and spent 10 minutes trying to figure out where the fuck the info was about "Luck Inspiration" and what it is and what it does.

Then I spent another 5-10 minutes scrolling through stupid fucking post after post after post to find out that it is song 1006 and some info was updated on the wiki by a player. Apparently there are "songstones" you need to buy at a bard guild to use some how, some way in adding luck to an item? But to my understanding these songstones aren't even available yet, but are on the way very soon.

Can't they just get an actual forum where things like this can be posted and easily found and not added to the miserable discord they have setup?

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    Can't they just get an actual forum where things like this can be posted and easily found and not added to the miserable discord they have setup?
    Simu prefers everything being a needle in a haystack. It makes it more difficult for people to call them out on their bullshit later on.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Did they change lore singing permanence too then?
    Yes. No resources to perm unlock.

Awesome that these things both have a T6 AND require recharging like monk tattoos. GMs finally implementing ways to make player services have a (theoretical) unlimited lifespan.

Hopefully the whole songstone thing is just as easy as buying a songstone from the bard guild and holding it while performing the cast, I don't want to do a whole song and dance just to perform a service.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 01-15-2024 at 05:35 PM.

This was a shitty rollout
    Last edited by gilchristr; 01-15-2024 at 07:39 PM.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

It wasn't a rollout, it was a late night bathroom visit after a 6 hour pub crawl.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    This was a shitty rollout
    If big AAA game companies can release broken products and expect consumers to be happy about it, why can't Simu?

Push the game additions out with out testing them in the test server and then try to fix glaring issues/bugs on the fly. Seems like they've taken the gaming industry to heart and want us plebs to feel this pain in multiple areas of our lives; first in video game releases and now in GSIV!

What irritates me about the change over is the loss of suffused energy from the previous system. Suffusing energy for bards for the unlock song skill was 2000 points per 1 suffused point, which is what it still costs them today under the Lucky cast system. I didn't play my bard much and didn't bother with unlocking loresongs, but over the past few years every time I'd get close to 200,000 energy I'd just dump the energy into suffuse. I had over 350 suffused energy stored up there and I was around 100k in energy. When I went to play my bard the other day and checked where he was everything under the resource verb showed zero. Feels like a waste having all that stored up suffused energy just taken away....oh well.