Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Official] Spell Disabler Review

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I'm curious why they're doing all this on the live server. They managed to fuck up Rapid Fire the other day and who knows what else. It's fixed now, but still...isn't that the point of the test server?
    GSIV is the test server for GSV.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    GSIV is the test server for GSV.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

I'm curious why they're doing all this on the live server. They managed to fuck up Rapid Fire the other day and who knows what else. It's fixed now, but still...isn't that the point of the test server?
    Probably because they want as much feedback as possible....at least that's the only reasonable thing I can think of. A lot of people don't really use the test server. It's just easier to dump it into the live server and watch the meltdowns from those that are actually affected by it and then soak up the praise of those that love to lick the assholes of all the GMs, regardless of how shitty of a change is added to the game.

Now the GMs will slightly tweak things for those that hate it while still allowing their ass licking crew to continue to praise them.

What's interesting too, is they converted ewave to SMR2 without even considering the impact (seeing how terribly bad it was at first.). That just doesn't sit well with me. I do hold out hope that it will be further adjusted, because as it is now, I don't think many will be using it anymore. I know as a rogue you are far better off using shield throw, hamstring, or eviscerate, for a much more reliable AoE disabler. But wasn't the whole point of this to make the spell disablers MORE useful than they were?!?

Another interesting thing about all these SMR2 conversions, is that if you know the spell you get +20% defense to it. I am wondering how this might have lowkey impacted the balance of a lot of critters (including class balance).

I feel like this was a much bigger project that shouldn't have been rushed just to make a deadline. I think it would have been better to release just the spells that were good and ready, and slowly roll out each of the others as they were properly completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    What's interesting too, is they converted ewave to SMR2 without even considering the impact (seeing how terribly bad it was at first.). That just doesn't sit well with me. I do hold out hope that it will be further adjusted, because as it is now, I don't think many will be using it anymore. I know as a rogue you are far better off using shield throw, hamstring, or eviscerate, for a much more reliable AoE disabler. But wasn't the whole point of this to make the spell disablers MORE useful than they were?!?

Another interesting thing about all these SMR2 conversions, is that if you know the spell you get +20% defense to it. I am wondering how this might have lowkey impacted the balance of a lot of critters (including class balance).

I feel like this was a much bigger project that shouldn't have been rushed just to make a deadline. I think it would have been better to release just the spells that were good and ready, and slowly roll out each of the others as they were properly completed.
    Estild probably had to meet that New Year's deadline and was like

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Estild probably had to meet that New Year's deadline and was like

That's for sure what it was.

And as we all know, it's ALWAYS better to push an unfinished product to meet a deadline!

7. Default

Got a chance to test effects of spell aiming ranks on treekin druid. I went from 0 -> 130 ranks of spell aiming. It took my average SMR margin on them from 82 to 88.

Like I said before, the SMR margin has about a 25 point variability. I think its from them generating +5/-5 over level (so level 78-88 spawns)
    Last edited by gilchristr; 01-10-2024 at 12:32 AM.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    Got a chance to test effects of spell aiming ranks on treekin druid. I went from 0 -> 130 ranks of spell aiming. It took my average SMR margin on them from 82 to 88.

Like I said before, the SMR margin has about a 25 point variability. I think its from them generating +5/-5 over level (so level 78-88 spawns)
    Seems like every 20 ranks of SA gets you +1 to your SMR. Seems kind of weak.

9. Default

I have been doing some more testing by an 86 train bard casting ewave against an 87 train bard - watching the change in SMR margin as I train MnE ranks.

It appears that MnE ranks greater than the bard's level barely impact the SMR margin. For instance, I went from +21 ranks over level in MnE to +44 ranks over level. That increase of spell ranks 23 only changed the SMR margin by +1.

In contrast, increasing 9 spell aiming ranks via enhancives surfaces the same +1 bonus.

SUMMARY - looks like the definition of 'spell power' that was "posted to discord" is super gay. It should say that it only counts spell ranks up to your level, and has massive diminishing returns for spell ranks over your level. Also, WHERE IS OUR FREE FIXSKILL, YOU COCKSUCKERS?
    Last edited by gilchristr; 01-16-2024 at 01:08 AM.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!