Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THE axe

Default THE axe

Gone.
    Last edited by Fleur-de-me; 01-25-2024 at 03:01 PM. Reason: SOLD
    “One of the hardest things about giving up any kind of prejudice is being honest with yourself. It’s not easy to say, ‘For nineteen years I’ve been living and believing a certain way and I’m beginning to wonder if what I believed is right.’ Then you go a little further and start admitting, ‘No, I KNOW what I believed is not right. I have no right to feel that way.” - Charlie Daniels

still available, send me a cash offer.
    “One of the hardest things about giving up any kind of prejudice is being honest with yourself. It’s not easy to say, ‘For nineteen years I’ve been living and believing a certain way and I’m beginning to wonder if what I believed is right.’ Then you go a little further and start admitting, ‘No, I KNOW what I believed is not right. I have no right to feel that way.” - Charlie Daniels

Can confirm this weapon is awesome. Saw it in action first hand as it cleaved my sorcerer in twain, and nearly finished the job on my bard and warrior too. All within a matter of seconds as Glaves AFK scripted a cowardly return back to town after catching sympathy from the Wyrm, before promptly disappearing to FWI with his squad - nary a word of acknowledgement. Much carnage was wrought, excellent piece of gear. Highly efficient murder equipment, 10/10 recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    Can confirm this weapon is awesome. Saw it in action first hand as it cleaved my sorcerer in twain, and nearly finished the job on my bard and warrior too. All within a matter of seconds as Glaves AFK scripted a cowardly return back to town after catching sympathy from the Wyrm, before promptly disappearing to FWI with his squad - nary a word of acknowledgement. Much carnage was wrought, excellent piece of gear. Highly efficient murder equipment, 10/10 recommend.
    Cool story Bro, I'd have loved to be able acknowledge putting your dick in the dirt, but sympathy prevents any such actions but if you wanna pretend I was afk go for it. On the upside, at least you got the name of the bus that hit you right.
    Last edited by Fleur-de-me; 01-22-2024 at 11:24 AM.

Since you missed the fun (due to being obviously AFK), here's the log for your enjoyment. Bonus points, everyone can see how sick the weapon is!

Code:
    [Cold River, Thoroughfare - 29869] (u7503202)
    You notice a niveous arctic timber wolf.
    Also here: CLERIC, PALADIN, BARD, WARRIOR, RANGER
    Obvious paths: north, northeast, southeast, west, northwest
    J>
    A sudden breeze picks up around RANGER, blowing dozens of crumpled brown, verdant green, and burnt orange leaves around his body.  Lashed together by small vines, the leaves quickly cover his entire body, and a bright flash emanates from within the leafy cocoon.  The breeze ceases as quickly as it began, and the cocoon of foliage falls to the ground and vanishes in puffs of grey smoke, leaving no trace of RANGER.
    J>
    A niveous arctic timber wolf suddenly cocks his head, with ears perked.  He then trots off with a determined look in his eyes.
    J>
    With a roar of defiance, a silver-scaled draconic figure soars over Eldurhaart!
    J>
    Soaring over Angargreft on sparkling wings, a vast draconic figure shines like beaten silver against the twilit sky, its scales glinting with the reflected hues of the aurora.
    J>
    The sky is full of billowing snowflakes.
    J>
    Soaring over Ojandhaart on sparkling wings, a vast draconic figure shines like beaten silver against the twilit sky, its scales glinting with the reflected hues of the aurora.
    J>
    Fistz's group just arrived.
    J>
    Fistz's group just went southeast.
    J>
    Bep just arrived.
    J>
    Bep just went southeast.
    J>
    Raggler's group just came through a pair of greying cellar doors.
    J>
    Raggler's group just went north.
    J>
    Soaring over Fjallarhaart on sparkling wings, a vast draconic figure shines like beaten silver against the twilit sky, its scales glinting with the reflected hues of the aurora.
    J>
    BARD slowly exhales as his posture slumps.
    J>
    CLERIC slowly exhales as his posture slumps.
    J>
    PALADIN slowly exhales as his posture slumps.
    J>
    Your senses are no longer as sharp.
    J>
    A gust of wind carries away the autumn leaves swirling low around PALADIN, and the leaf green light filling his eyes slowly ebbs away.
    J>
    Soaring over the Sanguine Grove on sparkling wings, a vast draconic figure shines like beaten silver against the twilit sky, its scales glinting with the reflected hues of the aurora.
    J>
    J>
    You feel at full magical power again.
    J>
    A cold wyrm plummets down from the skies, landing in Fjallarhaart!
    J>
    J>
    Glaves shifts his focus to you...
    Glaves swings a splitting axe at you!

** Glaves's splitting axe glows brightly for a moment, consuming the magical energies around you! **
    Your spirits are no longer lifted by stories of Kai's Triumphs.
    The elemental aura around you wavers.

AS: +865 vs DS: +417 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +59 = +538
       ... and hits for 184 points of damage!
       Solid strike caves your skull in, resulting in instant death!
    You notice your blood flow go back to normal.
    You lose your extra internal fortitude.
    The air about you stops shimmering.
    You no longer feel so dextrous.
    You exhale the last of a virulent green mist.
    Your body pulses momentarily into semi transparency and then returns to normal.
    A dark shadow seems to detach itself from your body, swiftly dissipating into the air.
    The dull golden nimbus fades from around you.
    The tingling sensation and sense of security leaves you.
    You feel less confident than before.
    The brilliant luminescence fades from around you.
    The bright luminescence fades from around you.
    The silvery luminescence fades from around you.
    The very powerful look leaves you.
    The white light leaves you.
    The deep blue glow leaves you.
    The powerful look leaves you.
    The air calms down around you.
    The light blue glow leaves you.
    Your SIGN OF STAUNCHING is no longer effective.
    Your SIGN OF DEFLECTION is no longer effective.
    You suddenly feel less protected.
    Your SIGN OF WARDING is no longer effective.
    Your sense of faith and conviction wanes.
    The subdued warmth embracing you fades along with the spiritual force surrounding your arms.
    Your SIGN OF SHIELDS is no longer effective.
    You feel less resolved as the divine urging subsides, fading into obscurity.
    The divine force surrounding you slowly fades away.
    The misty halo fades from you.
    Your SIGN OF DISSIPATION is no longer effective.
    Your SIGN OF DEFENDING is no longer effective.

It seems you have died, my friend.  Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

...departing in 10 mins...
    (If you wish to dismiss this murder charge, use ACCUSE DISMISS Glaves.)
    DEAD>
    Fistz's group just entered a ramshackle timber tavern.
    DEAD>
    Your death was not broadcast to other players. Use FLAG to change this setting.
    DEAD>
    Songz just arrived.
    DEAD>
    Songz's eyes glaze over and he turns pale.  In the space between moments, his body grows more and more translucent until you realize he is no longer there!
    DEAD>
    Fistz just arrived.
    DEAD>
    Fistz's eyes glaze over and he turns pale.  In the space between moments, his body grows more and more translucent until you realize he is no longer there!
    DEAD>
    Glaves shifts his focus to BARD...
    Glaves swings a splitting axe at BARD!
      AS: +838 vs DS: +709 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +28 = +190
       ... and hits for 41 points of damage!
       Solid blow gouges a chunk out of BARD's left leg.
       He is stunned!

** Several archaic sigils flash briefly BARD's rune-etched haubergeon and he begin to grow translucent, shifting in and out of view as gnarled ethereal vines erupt from his body and lash out at Glaves, each one solidifying before they strike! **
       ... 1 point of damage!
       Blast creates interesting designs on torso, but little damage.

** As a resonating song emanates from Glaves's splitting axe, it entwines him in night blue wisps of ephemera.  Suddenly, a star-sparked rush of percussive pressure whips out at BARD! **
       ... 5 points of damage!
       BARD's right leg jerks momentarily.

** As a resonating song emanates from Glaves's splitting axe, it entwines him in night blue wisps of ephemera.  Suddenly, a star-sparked rush of percussive pressure whips out at WARRIOR! **
       ... 35 points of damage!
       WARRIOR's elbow explodes sending bone fragments flying.
       He is stunned!

** As a resonating song emanates from Glaves's splitting axe, it entwines him in night blue wisps of ephemera.  Suddenly, a star-sparked rush of percussive pressure whips out at PALADIN! **
       ... 15 points of damage!
       Strips of flesh flayed from PALADIN's back.
       He is stunned!

** As a resonating song emanates from Glaves's splitting axe, it entwines him in night blue wisps of ephemera.  Suddenly, a star-sparked rush of percussive pressure whips out at BARD! **
       ... 10 points of damage!
       BARD's eye swells but settles back into its socket.
    DEAD>
    PALADIN beseeches his deity for some divine assistance.
    DEAD>
    Glaves shifts his focus to WARRIOR...
    Glaves swings a splitting axe at WARRIOR!
      AS: +838 vs DS: +468 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +87 = +490
       ... and hits for 70 points of damage!
       Lucky shot rips through bone and muscle sending right leg flying.
    WARRIOR screams and falls to the ground grasping his mangled right leg!
       He is stunned!
    DEAD>
    Glaves's eyes cease to glow.
    DEAD>
    CLERIC blinks.
    DEAD>
    Songz slowly fades into view with a gasp of breath and a slightly disoriented look.
    DEAD>
    Songz just entered a ramshackle timber tavern.
    DEAD>
    CLERIC says, "Well then."
    DEAD>
    Glaves seems less resolute.
    DEAD>
    Glaves's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around his arms.
    DEAD>
    Renowned Lord Glaves just entered a ramshackle timber tavern.
    DEAD>
    Renowned Lord Glaves just arrived.
    DEAD>
    Glaves seems to slow down and become a bit less nimble.
    DEAD>
    Glaves's eyes glaze over and he turns pale.  In the space between moments, his body grows more and more translucent until you realize he is no longer there!
    DEAD>
    Arena Hero Whayle stalks in, framed by a shifting, sourceless marigold glow.
    DEAD>
    Arena Hero Whayle stalks southeast, framed by a shifting, sourceless marigold glow.
    DEAD>
    Fistz slowly fades into view with a gasp of breath and a slightly disoriented look.
    DEAD>
    Fistz just entered a ramshackle timber tavern.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    Since you missed the fun (due to being obviously AFK), here's the log for your enjoyment. Bonus points, everyone can see how sick the weapon is!

Code:
    [Cold River, Thoroughfare - 29869] (u7503202)
    You notice a niveous arctic timber wolf.
    Also here: CLERIC, PALADIN, BARD, WARRIOR, RANGER
    Obvious paths: north, northeast, southeast, west, northwest
    J>
    A sudden breeze picks up around RANGER, blowing dozens of crumpled brown, verdant green, and burnt orange leaves around his body.  Lashed together by small vines, the leaves quickly cover his entire body, and a bright flash emanates from within the leafy cocoon.  The breeze ceases as quickly as it began, and the cocoon of foliage falls to the ground and vanishes in puffs of grey smoke, leaving no trace of RANGER.
    J>
    A niveous arctic timber wolf suddenly cocks his head, with ears perked.  He then trots off with a determined look in his eyes.
    J>
    With a roar of defiance, a silver-scaled draconic figure soars over Eldurhaart!
    J>
    Soaring over Angargreft on sparkling wings, a vast draconic figure shines like beaten silver against the twilit sky, its scales glinting with the reflected hues of the aurora.
    J>
    J>
    Soaring over Ojandhaart on sparkling wings, a vast draconic figure shines like beaten silver against the twilit sky, its scales glinting with the reflected hues of the aurora.
    J>
    J>
    Fistz's group just went southeast.
    J>
    Bep just arrived.
    J>
    Bep just went southeast.
    J>
    Raggler's group just came through a pair of greying cellar doors.
    J>
    Raggler's group just went north.
    J>
    Soaring over Fjallarhaart on sparkling wings, a vast draconic figure shines like beaten silver against the twilit sky, its scales glinting with the reflected hues of the aurora.
    J>
    BARD slowly exhales as his posture slumps.
    J>
    CLERIC slowly exhales as his posture slumps.
    J>
    PALADIN slowly exhales as his posture slumps.
    J>
    Your senses are no longer as sharp.
    J>
    A gust of wind carries away the autumn leaves swirling low around PALADIN, and the leaf green light filling his eyes slowly ebbs away.
    J>
    Soaring over the Sanguine Grove on sparkling wings, a vast draconic figure shines like beaten silver against the twilit sky, its scales glinting with the reflected hues of the aurora.
    J>
    J>
    You feel at full magical power again.
    J>
    A cold wyrm plummets down from the skies, landing in Fjallarhaart!
    J>
    J>
    Glaves shifts his focus to you...
    Glaves swings a splitting axe at you!

** Glaves's splitting axe glows brightly for a moment, consuming the magical energies around you! **
    Your spirits are no longer lifted by stories of Kai's Triumphs.
    The elemental aura around you wavers.

AS: +865 vs DS: +417 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +59 = +538
       ... and hits for 184 points of damage!
       Solid strike caves your skull in, resulting in instant death!
    You notice your blood flow go back to normal.
    You lose your extra internal fortitude.
    The air about you stops shimmering.
    You no longer feel so dextrous.
    You exhale the last of a virulent green mist.
    Your body pulses momentarily into semi transparency and then returns to normal.
    A dark shadow seems to detach itself from your body, swiftly dissipating into the air.
    The dull golden nimbus fades from around you.
    The tingling sensation and sense of security leaves you.
    You feel less confident than before.
    The brilliant luminescence fades from around you.
    The bright luminescence fades from around you.
    The silvery luminescence fades from around you.
    The very powerful look leaves you.
    The white light leaves you.
    The deep blue glow leaves you.
    The powerful look leaves you.
    The air calms down around you.
    The light blue glow leaves you.
    Your SIGN OF STAUNCHING is no longer effective.
    Your SIGN OF DEFLECTION is no longer effective.
    You suddenly feel less protected.
    Your SIGN OF WARDING is no longer effective.
    Your sense of faith and conviction wanes.
    The subdued warmth embracing you fades along with the spiritual force surrounding your arms.
    Your SIGN OF SHIELDS is no longer effective.
    You feel less resolved as the divine urging subsides, fading into obscurity.
    The divine force surrounding you slowly fades away.
    The misty halo fades from you.
    Your SIGN OF DISSIPATION is no longer effective.
    Your SIGN OF DEFENDING is no longer effective.

It seems you have died, my friend.  Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

...departing in 10 mins...
    (If you wish to dismiss this murder charge, use ACCUSE DISMISS Glaves.)
    DEAD>
    Fistz's group just entered a ramshackle timber tavern.
    DEAD>
    Your death was not broadcast to other players. Use FLAG to change this setting.
    DEAD>
    Songz just arrived.
    DEAD>
    Songz's eyes glaze over and he turns pale.  In the space between moments, his body grows more and more translucent until you realize he is no longer there!
    DEAD>
    Fistz just arrived.
    DEAD>
    Fistz's eyes glaze over and he turns pale.  In the space between moments, his body grows more and more translucent until you realize he is no longer there!
    DEAD>
    Glaves shifts his focus to BARD...
    Glaves swings a splitting axe at BARD!
      AS: +838 vs DS: +709 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +28 = +190
       ... and hits for 41 points of damage!
       Solid blow gouges a chunk out of BARD's left leg.
       He is stunned!

** Several archaic sigils flash briefly BARD's rune-etched haubergeon and he begin to grow translucent, shifting in and out of view as gnarled ethereal vines erupt from his body and lash out at Glaves, each one solidifying before they strike! **
       ... 1 point of damage!
       Blast creates interesting designs on torso, but little damage.

... 5 points of damage!

** As a resonating song emanates from Glaves's splitting axe, it entwines him in night blue wisps of ephemera.  Suddenly, a star-sparked rush of percussive pressure whips out at WARRIOR! **
       ... 35 points of damage!
       He is stunned!

** As a resonating song emanates from Glaves's splitting axe, it entwines him in night blue wisps of ephemera.  Suddenly, a star-sparked rush of percussive pressure whips out at PALADIN! **
       ... 15 points of damage!
       He is stunned!

... 10 points of damage!
    DEAD>
    PALADIN beseeches his deity for some divine assistance.
    DEAD>
    Glaves shifts his focus to WARRIOR...
    Glaves swings a splitting axe at WARRIOR!
      AS: +838 vs DS: +468 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +87 = +490
       ... and hits for 70 points of damage!
       Lucky shot rips through bone and muscle sending right leg flying.
    WARRIOR screams and falls to the ground grasping his mangled right leg!
       He is stunned!
    DEAD>
    Glaves's eyes cease to glow.
    DEAD>
    CLERIC blinks.
    DEAD>
    Songz slowly fades into view with a gasp of breath and a slightly disoriented look.
    DEAD>
    Songz just entered a ramshackle timber tavern.
    DEAD>
    CLERIC says, "Well then."
    DEAD>
    Glaves seems less resolute.
    DEAD>
    Glaves's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around his arms.
    DEAD>
    Renowned Lord Glaves just entered a ramshackle timber tavern.
    DEAD>
    Renowned Lord Glaves just arrived.
    DEAD>
    Glaves seems to slow down and become a bit less nimble.
    DEAD>
    Glaves's eyes glaze over and he turns pale.  In the space between moments, his body grows more and more translucent until you realize he is no longer there!
    DEAD>
    Arena Hero Whayle stalks in, framed by a shifting, sourceless marigold glow.
    DEAD>
    Arena Hero Whayle stalks southeast, framed by a shifting, sourceless marigold glow.
    DEAD>
    Fistz slowly fades into view with a gasp of breath and a slightly disoriented look.
    DEAD>
    Fistz just entered a ramshackle timber tavern.
    Yeah that's actually confusion debuff not sympathy. On the upside, at least you weren't undead, could been worse.
    Last edited by Fleur-de-me; 01-22-2024 at 04:56 PM.

7. Default

Anyone educate me on Vethinye? Is that a 1d4 somehow?

** As a resonating song emanates from Glaves's splitting axe, it entwines him in night blue wisps of ephemera. Suddenly, a star-sparked rush of percussive pressure whips out at BARD! **
    ... 5 points of damage!

** As a resonating song emanates from Glaves's splitting axe, it entwines him in night blue wisps of ephemera. Suddenly, a star-sparked rush of percussive pressure whips out at WARRIOR! **
    ... 35 points of damage!
    He is stunned!

** As a resonating song emanates from Glaves's splitting axe, it entwines him in night blue wisps of ephemera. Suddenly, a star-sparked rush of percussive pressure whips out at PALADIN! **
    ... 15 points of damage!
    He is stunned!

** As a resonating song emanates from Glaves's splitting axe, it entwines him in night blue wisps of ephemera. Suddenly, a star-sparked rush of percussive pressure whips out at BARD! **
    ... 10 points of damage!
    ~Kontii Slie'phox

PM me here, or find me in game or the GSIV Discord as Kontii

Nope. “ eyes cease to glow.” is sympathy fading. Keep trying pal.
    https://gswiki.play.net/Sympathy_(1120)

Quote Originally Posted by Sthrockmorton View Post
    Anyone educate me on Vethinye? Is that a 1d4 somehow?
    Yeah I was trying to figure that one out too. Unclear how that happened.

Blog Entries

You two should get a room and milk each other.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984