Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Political pundits you like from the other political party/side

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    It’s a combination of having both a soft privileged youth and military service doesn’t have the same appeal that it used to.

A big motivator for military service is the GI bill & free college education, but what good is that when we have liberal politicians promising student loan forgiveness & young adults coming to the realization that higher education does not automatically earn them a high paying career?

Also, every generation after the Greatest has been increasingly more soft. Patriotism is dead. Nobody wants to serve and possibly die for a country that they were taught to hate.
    I don't know about all that.

My dad grew up a poor dirt farmer in southern Iowa, he dodged the Vietnam war and we grew up with the 10 commandments and the Bill of Rights hanging on the living room wall. He was pretty hardcore, hated hippies (especially Jim Morrison)...

War fatigue will be what any of these kids answer will be.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    I don't know about all that.

My dad grew up a poor dirt farmer in southern Iowa, he dodged the Vietnam war and we grew up with the 10 commandments and the Bill of Rights hanging on the living room wall. He was pretty hardcore, hated hippies (especially Jim Morrison)...

War fatigue will be what any of these kids answer will be.
    Your dad missed out. He should have been shooting at gooks from a chopper while jamming out to Fortunate Son by CCR.

I missed out too. I should have been shooting at towel heads from the window of a hummer while jamming out to Bodies by Drowning Pool.

My dad, who served, insisted I go to college. He said that enlisted military service was only a good for the poor & the stupid, and that I had better options.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    Your dad missed out. He should have been shooting at gooks from a chopper while jamming out to Fortunate Son by CCR.

I missed out too. I should have been shooting at towel heads from the window of a hummer while jamming out to Bodies by Drowning Pool.

My dad, who served, insisted I go to college. He said that enlisted military service was only a good for the poor & the stupid, and that I had better options.
    His brother came back psychologically fucked up and my second cousin is an MIA.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984