Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Script Checks

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    While I agree with you that people who script or MA should be cognizant of their surroundings and try to limit the impact they have on other players the idea of penalizing MAers is just ridiculous. If people want to play the game with multiple accounts it's their money as long as they aren't being disruptive more power to them. If I have 5 accounts in 1 hunting ground and unlink them from a group and hunt them individually does that drastically improve your game play?
    Actually it does. Part of the issue is kill speed and the speed at which these 3+ person MA groups churn through kills, probably 1-3 seconds on average. Each kill generates loot and impacts the loot table, while a single character's average kill speed is like 5-15 seconds, which much more variance. Slows down loot generation by a significant measure because it's way less efficient, which is why the MA crews don't do it.
    Discord: Jivan#1805

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    I'm kind of getting sick of this "How does it affect you?" defense that keeps getting thrown around to try and excuse various broken systems. People love to use it to defend P2W and crap too. And when you tell them exactly how it negatively impacts you, they just make excuses.

I will admit that I personally use multiple accounts. But I hunt solo (and manually), except for the rare occasion I might have one of my capped dudes tag along while I do bandits, though they don't participate in any way. They exist to give me spells, charge my items, etc..

But I can think of several reasons why these types of things have a negative impact on my gameplay. The big ones were already mentioned here, but it goes beyond that as far as the economy is concerned. Even if you don't hunt where they do, it's still leading to more inflation as more silvers are being generated because of it.

Another huge problem I used to have with massive MA parties, was when I was near capped/fresh capped. Almost all of my deaths at that time were due to the swarms caused by a certain MAing player, and I died MUCH MUCH MUCH more frequently because of it. It was seriously a hellish nightmare for me, because it was the only capped area at the time besides the rift, and I couldn't hunt the rift easily back then because of the spell stripping pool. In fact it was what forced me to get my first MA character, to be able to give myself spells so I could actually survive.

It also sucks that you can never interact with people in a hunting ground, though that's largely a Bigshot issue in general.

Sadly, like I say often about Bigshot - a lot of these things are like a cancer. Sure, would I prefer to not have cancer in my liver? Obviously. But if they remove the cancer I'll probably die, so I'm stuck with it while it slowly kills me. But it still pisses me off when people ask me how the cancer is actually harming me!
    On the other side of this coin, I love when MA groups are out and about causing huge swarms. And I hunt manually 99% of the time. Unless you count stuff like ;wander and ;sloot as scripting.

Probably not so much if I were a rogue instead of a wizard, but still.

Unrelated: Simu just needs to give every profession good AoE stuff.
    Last edited by Methais; 12-05-2023 at 09:41 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by BLZrizz View Post
    Actually it does. Part of the issue is kill speed and the speed at which these 3+ person MA groups churn through kills, probably 1-3 seconds on average. Each kill generates loot and impacts the loot table, while a single character's average kill speed is like 5-15 seconds, which much more variance. Slows down loot generation by a significant measure because it's way less efficient, which is why the MA crews don't do it.
    I don't think hunting pressure really cares how fast a critter is killed, it just matters how many are being killed. So if a MA group is killing 20 critters in 60 seconds, and this group splits up to hunt individually, and they are now killing 20 critters in 3 minutes, then the hunting pressure is the same. And I could be wrong, but I don't think the hunting pressure comes back that fast where 2 minutes is going to make much of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I don't think hunting pressure really cares how fast a critter is killed, it just matters how many are being killed. So if a MA group is killing 20 critters in 60 seconds, and this group splits up to hunt individually, and they are now killing 20 critters in 3 minutes, then the hunting pressure is the same. And I could be wrong, but I don't think the hunting pressure comes back that fast where 2 minutes is going to make much of a difference.
    SoS loot has been being slept on for years now.

That is all.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Exactly. It's actually better for the other hunters if MA players group because they take up less rooms in the hunting area.

SoS loot has been being slept on for years now.
    I don't know why anyone would go ME or HW over SoS tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
    Exactly. It's actually better for the other hunters if MA players group because they take up less rooms in the hunting area.

I don't know why anyone would go ME or HW over SoS tbh.
    I think a lot of people are under the impression that the place is way harder and/or more difficult to get in/out than it really is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    On the other side of this coin, I love when MA groups are out and about causing huge swarms. And I hunt manually 99% of the time. Unless you count stuff like ;wander and ;sloot as scripting.

Probably not so much if I were a rogue instead of a wizard, but still.

Unrelated: Simu just needs to give every profession good AoE stuff.
    Right? I used to love when OTF had Sabrewolv's MA crew in there. I could go in and fry in like 2 seconds.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I think a lot of people are under the impression that the place is way harder and/or more difficult to get in/out than it really is.
    It's not hard the same way plane 4/scatter aren't hard but it's more annoying to get in/out than other areas which is why you see the same 10 people hunting there.
    R.I.P. Bushido Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    It's not hard the same way plane 4/scatter aren't hard but it's more annoying to get in/out than other areas which is why you see the same 10 people hunting there.
    As long as you can climb, it takes like 5 seconds to get in and out.

There's some way in/out that involves a wagon or some shit too, but worst case that should only need to be used the first time going in there, since you can use a periapt to get in/out the quick and easy way, which is charged by killing stuff in there.

It's so easy even a .cmd script can do it:

Enter SoS from pretty much anywhere:

Code:
    #sos

put ;go2 25218
    waitfor [Fangs of the Serpent
    put rub my periapt
    move go portal
    put stance offensive
    put ;go2 25177
    waitfor [Altar of the Undying
    put stance defensive
    Exit SoS and run o town guard:

Code:
    #sos2

put stance offensive
    put ;go2 25231
    waitfor [Subterrain, Pit
    put stand
    put rub my periapt
    waitfor You run your fingers
    put go portal
    waitfor [Fangs of the Serpent, Gateway
    put ;go2 5576

If you're really weighed down and/or have shitty climbing skill you might run into some issues but that's about the worst of it. If you're in Voln, then Transcendence will nullify any climbing injuries.
    Last edited by Methais; 12-07-2023 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjex View Post
    I think those might be service farmers who just care to get their weekly exp dose and can't be assed to deal with loot.
    This is me currently,service farming that is. I would usually at least pick up gems, but I'm on a newer machine and my scripts weren't backed up and I've been to tired/lazy to set up a loot script that works the way i'd like.
    Nelemar though not SoS I'm not funding Methais atm.