Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PC Pick'em: Week 11

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    Here is how it will go down:

Eagles will lose the next three out of four games. Cowboys will win the next four games in a row. Once the Cowboys take the reins of the NFC East, Eagles fans will begin to question if Hurts has the mental fortitude required to lead his team to victory. Spoiler alert, he doesn’t.
    More likely scenerio:

Eagles go 2-3 in the next 5 and finish 3-0 leaving them 13-4 on the season.

Dallas has a couple tune up games before a mini bye(thursday night game before they play the Eagles on 12/10) and frankly they probably win that one because its their super bowl. But then they realize its now December and the clock struck midnight and theyre turning back into the pumpkin they are when the weather gets cold every year. Buffalo, Miami, and Washington on the road, Detroit at home to finish the season. Lets say 2-2. Dallas finishes 12-5 still behind the Eagles. Even if Dallas manages to go 3-1 and tie the Eagles record the Eagles will still be top seed because assuming we take both games against the Giants we will be 5-1 in the division and have a better record vs common opponents(lol cardinals).

This is assuming the wheels dont completely fall off the Cowboys in December like they normally do.

Also if the Eagles win vs the cowboys in dallas OR do better than 5-3 to finish the season then it doesnt matter what the cowboys do. Who exactly is the pressure on here?
    Last edited by Anebriated; 11-17-2023 at 01:49 PM.
    Discord: anebriated

Looking for old characters:
    Elrodin 100 Ranger
    Moider 100 bard

Quote Originally Posted by Anebriated View Post
    More likely scenerio:

Eagles go 2-3 in the next 5 and finish 3-0 leaving them 13-4 on the season.

Dallas has a couple tune up games before a mini bye(thursday night game before they play the Eagles on 12/10) and frankly they probably win that one because its their super bowl. But then they realize its now December and the clock struck midnight and theyre turning back into the pumpkin they are when the weather gets cold every year. Buffalo, Miami, and Washington on the road, Detroit at home to finish the season. Lets say 2-2. Dallas finishes 12-5 still behind the Eagles. Even if Dallas manages to go 3-1 and tie the Eagles record the Eagles will still be top seed because assuming we take both games against the Giants we will be 5-1 in the division and have a better record vs common opponents(lol cardinals).

This is assuming the wheels dont completely fall off the Cowboys in December like they normally do.

Also if the Eagles win vs the cowboys in dallas OR do better than 5-3 to finish the season then it doesnt matter what the cowboys do. Who exactly is the pressure on here?
    @Chiefs <-L
    Bills <- could go either way but we’ll say W
    49ers <- L
    @Cowboys <- L
    @Seahawks <- L
    Giants <- W
    Cardinals <- W
    @Giants <- W

That puts you guys finishing at 12-5. 11-6 if you lose to the Bills. I have the Cowboys finishing the season 13-4. This is our year.

I disagree on the Seahawks, although if you think we lose to them then we can mark them as a loss for the cowboys as well.

Again just based on the variance of the league I think we go 2-3 at worst in the next 5. Which games are which doesn’t matter. I don’t think we’ll win Monday but the players remember the Super Bowl where it came down to the final play, it’s in KC though. who knows what the bills will look like but they’ve been struggling, glad we get them early and at home. I’m sure the players are tired of hearing the 49ers complain about last year so that’s not a game we’re taking lightly, and it’s at home. Glad we aren’t playing the bills in December when any game has the potential for snow. Seattle isn’t an easy place to play but they are probably the easiest team we’ll face in this stretch.
    Last edited by Anebriated; 11-17-2023 at 06:12 PM.

Elrodin 100 Ranger
    Moider 100 bard

I disagree on the Seahawks, although if you think we lose to them then we can mark them as a loss for the cowboys as well.
    Cowboys get to play the Seahawks on their home turf. Otherwise I would put it in the probable loss category. It’s the combination of them being a decent team fighting for the top spot in their division & Lumen field.

Wait, I’m confused, are the Seahawks good? You both are talking about them beating top tier teams…
    Last edited by Solkern; 11-18-2023 at 02:02 PM.
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

no. thats why i said "I disagree about the seahawks". That said its one of those places where they always have a chance when they are the home team. Ravens and Cowboys didnt have to worry about playing in Seattle, just like the Eagles dont have to worry about playing the Bills in Buffalo.

Elrodin 100 Ranger
    Moider 100 bard

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    Wait, I’m confused, are the Seahawks good? You both are talking about them beating top tier teams…
    Facts: They are 6-3 and they are 4-1 at home. They have the same win/loss ratio as the 49ers who they are competing for to take top position in NFC West.

Opinion: 49ers, Cowboys, and Eagles are all better teams, but even for a subjectively better team it’s tough to be them at Lumen field. Seahawks need that game to be a W more than the Eagles do.

http://powerrankingsguru.com/nfl/str...f-schedule.php

I know the Eagles are kind of middle of the pack but for reference:

Cowboys have had the 29th hardest SOS to date, 11th to go.
    Seahawks have had the 27th to date, 5th hardest to go.
    Eagles 19th to date, 9th to go.
    49ers 18th to date, 18th to go.
    Ravens 14th to date, 3rd to go
    Last edited by Anebriated; 11-18-2023 at 07:43 PM.

Elrodin 100 Ranger
    Moider 100 bard

everyone is pretty well grouped together here thanks to the late Broncos TD last night. I included everyone but it seems like its a 3 horse race going into the super bowl rematch.

Code:
    8:		
    Suppressed Poet	  Chiefs        52
    Solkern	          Eagles	42
    Anebriated	  Eagles	58

7:		
    Ardwen	          Eagles	56
    Parkbandit	  Eagles	48
    Beldannon	  Eagles	45
    Last edited by Anebriated; 11-20-2023 at 12:38 PM.

Elrodin 100 Ranger
    Moider 100 bard

everyone is pretty well grouped together here thanks to the late Broncos TD last night. I included everyone but it seems like its a 3 horse race going into the super bowl rematch.

Code:
    8:		
    Suppressed Poet	  Chiefs        52
    Solkern	          Eagles	42
    Anebriated	  Eagles	58

7:		
    Ardwen	          Eagles	56
    Parkbandit	  Eagles	48
    Beldannon	  Eagles	45
    I’m honestly surprised I’m the only one who picked Chiefs tonight.

Can we agree on a 6PM Eastern time cutoff for any switch-footing?