Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GMs giving up on silvers?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    There's also just too much base and mid tier stuff in the game. In the past even simple things like decent enhancive had a market but now if it's less than like +10 it might as well be pawn shop fodder. I found a 5x shield hunting today but there's no market for that anymore either so I'll either give it away or pawn it because anything 7x and under isn't hard to get a hold of.

So people can either hold onto silvers to try and get something elite or they might as well sell them because anything really doesn't have a cost.
    They could make WPS permanent and get rid of the windows/discount for silvers. They could just sell RPA orbs for silver off the shelf. There's smaller things at pay events like enhancive permanence that could just get sold for silver off the shelf. They could expand the premium travel system to all players with an adjusted pricing system. I'm sure there's a lot of ideas out there that don't lower event spending.

If they wanted to boost profit, they could re-examine the subscription plans. Have silver, gold, platinum tiered plans that include various amounts of Simucoins each month. Premium really doesn't add much in the way of benefits these days. If they really want to affect the secondary market, they have to speed up progression. Character sales are a huge chunk of the market.

At the end of the day, there's no long-term strategy or plan and they just keep going back to the same well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
    They could make WPS permanent and get rid of the windows/discount for silvers. They could just sell RPA orbs for silver off the shelf. There's smaller things at pay events like enhancive permanence that could just get sold for silver off the shelf. They could expand the premium travel system to all players with an adjusted pricing system. I'm sure there's a lot of ideas out there that don't lower event spending.

If they wanted to boost profit, they could re-examine the subscription plans. Have silver, gold, platinum tiered plans that include various amounts of Simucoins each month. Premium really doesn't add much in the way of benefits these days. If they really want to affect the secondary market, they have to speed up progression. Character sales are a huge chunk of the market.

At the end of the day, there's no long-term strategy or plan and they just keep going back to the same well.
    No argument here, there's plenty they could do outside of 300-400m event items to try and pull silver. There is just a the vast amount of shit in the game and that has killed the market on equipment below the elite levels so no one is buying anything at the bottom really. Correlating the increase in stuff from the hopper and events over 30 years and the decrease in players needing stuff it's also done damage the market. Basically people can spend 350m+ on an extra room for their house because there isn't anything worth buying.
    R.I.P. Bushido Brown

There's also just too much base and mid tier stuff in the game. In the past even simple things like decent enhancive had a market but now if it's less than like +10 it might as well be pawn shop fodder. I found a 5x shield hunting today but there's no market for that anymore either so I'll either give it away or pawn it because anything 7x and under isn't hard to get a hold of.
    Yeah I think a big issue with the game is it's really lopsided when it comes to high level characters compared to low level characters.

I mean I have no data, but if I were to guess it's probably 80-90%+ of players have at least one character that is level 90+. Most low level characters are probably a capped character's alt.

Very rarely I meet someone who is legit a brand new player to the game.

4. Default

What were you expecting? I mean, the GMs get paid based on how popular the project they released is right? So they are going to work on scripts for new weapons at an event.

I mean, there isnt much more to it than that. They are not going to carefully work on changes that finely balance the game economy, thats way to long term of a goal. They are more like, shit the even is in 2 weeks, crap!

Nothing would be different had there not been layoffs, either. This is they way they have been working for a while now
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

In the past even simple things like decent enhancive had a market but now if it's less than like +10 it might as well be pawn shop fodder.
    Na they still sell but you need to have shop and price them fairly, all the enhancives I put for sale in my shop eventually sell, if you want to get rid of them quickly you're going to have to auction them individually but that comes with the usual ball ache of being a massive time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    What were you expecting? I mean, the GMs get paid based on how popular the project they released is right? So they are going to work on scripts for new weapons at an event.

I mean, there isnt much more to it than that. They are not going to carefully work on changes that finely balance the game economy, thats way to long term of a goal. They are more like, shit the even is in 2 weeks, crap!
    If anyone on staff (not including permanent staff such as Wyrom) is doing it for the pay, then they're fucking stupid. I'm sure getting a bonus check is nice, but there are way, way better ways to make money on the side than being a Simu GM.

Assuming for a minute they ARE doing it for the pay, balancing the economy and increasing profit via long-term goals is beneficial to them. It doesn't need to be a 5 year plan requiring thousands of dev hours to do some simple shit like remodeling the subscription plans, redoing the Simucoin discounts (they don't make sense), adding more Simucoin tiers, etc. They could also just add RPA orbs to the Simu store for straight purchase. Add RPA orbs or update the gear in Reim to make it more enticing. Add permanent mini-games for Simucoins. Those are pretty simple things that would increase profit and thus staff pay.

Nothing would be different had there not been layoffs, either. This is they way they have been working for a while now
    I never said things would be different. I was making the point that layoffs are an indication of profit being down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
    If anyone on staff (not including permanent staff such as Wyrom) is doing it for the pay, then they're fucking stupid.
    Wyrom mentioned at some point I think last year in Discord that some of the P2W GMs actually make more money than he does.

That's the super paraphrased version, but the point is still that some P2W GMs make more than the game's Product Manager.

EDIT: Here it is

https://discord.com/channels/2260453...78613648744479

My favorite part is how they wanted him to work that full time for a measly $12k a year. That's the most Simutronics thing I've read all day.
    Last edited by Methais; 10-24-2023 at 04:36 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Wyrom mentioned at some point I think last year in Discord that some of the P2W GMs actually make more money than he does.

That's the super paraphrased version, but the point is still that some P2W GMs make more than the game's Product Manager.
    I have employees that make more than me too. But they bust their ass and work a ton of overtime and I am salaried. Doesn’t mean I’m getting the short end of the stick, my pay is guaranteed and I work a lot less hours.
    Discord: anebriated

Looking for old characters:
    Elrodin 100 Ranger
    Moider 100 bard

Quote Originally Posted by Anebriated View Post
    I have employees that make more than me too. But they bust their ass and work a ton of overtime and I am salaried. Doesn’t mean I’m getting the short end of the stick, my pay is guaranteed and I work a lot less hours.
    I don't disagree. I'm just saying that P2W GMs can make a killing from the sound of it, and not really "beer and pizza" money like what used to be the case.

I edited the previous post to include Wyrom's Discord post after I found it.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Fair enough. I didn’t read enough of the conversation for the context.
    Discord: anebriated

Looking for old characters:
    Elrodin 100 Ranger
    Moider 100 bard