Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GMs giving up on silvers?

I get the event boxes if they have a violet orb in them, other wise I just skip them because they're not worth it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    I get the event boxes if they have a violet orb in them, other wise I just skip them because they're not worth it to me.
    Yeah they could do so much more with event boxes. Have a weekly event box with a violet orb and like 100 bounty vouchers or a violet orb and 5 gifts of the gods for like 5m or something. Just cycle through daily login rewards and a violet orb.

They could even keep increasing/decreasing the price every week until they find the sweet spot of what most people are willing to pay for this type of event box so they can drain the maximum amount of silvers every week.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 10-23-2023 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Have the GMs just completely given up on stabilizing the value of silvers in favor of paid for currency or what?

Feels like we have given them so many good ideas over the years to give silver more value but they don't want to hear any of it.

The event boxes were a good idea, but some event boxes are so overpriced that it seems most people skip them, and the ones that are worth the value only come around like every month or two.

Seems they are blinded by profit now over long term stability of the game.
    Everything they've done to "drain silvers" is just code for pushing players towards P2W. We're almost 3 years into the loot cap, but things like WPS prices haven't dropped. At this point the silver drain should have made a noticeable impact and resulted in lower prices, but nah. The bottom line is that the goal behind draining silvers is to push P2W currencies. Any other line from staff is pure bullshit.

The secondary market is never going away and the P2W profit is declining. Rumor is that RoL spending this year was down big and that's allegedly the most profitable event. You can see by the cost cutting (office move, staff layoffs) that the profit is down. I get that a lot of that staff was for Whatley's trainwreck shooter, but not all of it.

The willful ignorance on the staff's part is just fucking the silver economy as well as the profit. There's some simple things they could do to increase profit and some easy wins on the silver side, but the truth is the staff just doesn't give a fuck about the player base. It's all about profit and they can't even get that right. They've created/reinforced their Discord echo chamber and have convinced themselves they're doing an excellent job despite all measurable evidence saying otherwise.

I think a bigger problem is that they’re at a point where stabilizing the silver market might not make any difference at all since it’s a supply and demand issue, and there might just not be any demand left. All of the events for improving gear have shifted to P2W, so there’s no real incentive to spend or buy silvers. If they set up the WPS wagon permanently and removed any alt-currency options, maybe, but the fact that that wagon comes around a few times a year for alt currency pretty much makes silvers pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Palcron View Post
    I think a bigger problem is that they’re at a point where stabilizing the silver market might not make any difference at all since it’s a supply and demand issue, and there might just not be any demand left. All of the events for improving gear have shifted to P2W, so there’s no real incentive to spend or buy silvers. If they set up the WPS wagon permanently and removed any alt-currency options, maybe, but the fact that that wagon comes around a few times a year for alt currency pretty much makes silvers pointless.
    You can pretty much buy anything you want in the game for silvers. If the silver market goes away completely then what's the point in hunting? Slow, slow grind and no loot? The loot cap already does enough damage to player engagement. 16m soft loot cap, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Palcron View Post
    I've been trying to figure out what people are spending silvers on for years, even when coins sold in minutes.

I'm pretty sure Simu doesn't even have a real mid to long term plan laid out, probably just winging it like usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
    You can pretty much buy anything you want in the game for silvers. If the silver market goes away completely then what's the point in hunting? Slow, slow grind and no loot? The loot cap already does enough damage to player engagement. 16m soft loot cap, lol.
    This might not be so much the case going forward, since a lot of people who accepted silvers for high end stuff did so because they could convert the silvers to cash pretty quick and easily. Unloading silvers now is like trying to pull teeth with chopsticks.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I've been trying to figure out what people are spending silvers on for years, even when coins sold in minutes.

I'm pretty sure Simu doesn't even have a real mid to long term plan laid out, probably just winging it like usual.
    100% It's completely reactionary with no long-term plan or goals.

This might not be so much the case going forward, since a lot of people who accepted silvers for high end stuff did so because they could convert the silvers to cash pretty quick and easily. Unloading silvers now is like trying to pull teeth with chopsticks.
    Yeah, true. The loot system is in a shit place as it is now. It will only get shittier.

I'm sure I could have pulled in a billion silvers or more from just selling service stuff from my characters over the past 4-5 years, but I find the grind to maxing them out to be tedious and I really don't have the patience to meet up with someone, exchange silver, add services to an item and have them be on their way. I've dumped enough grit into my own items that I've taken multiple weapons to 6 or 7 CER for crit weighting and I've even dumped enough grit to move one item to 15 CER damage & 7 CER crit.

Seeing as I really find no way to benefit from silvers in game because it seems like 99% of in game events require you to spend actual money to participate in and earn alt currencies to spend on items. Aside from buying things from playershops that I find interesting or the odd event box, I don't feel the need to bank up silvers. Maybe I'm just odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Player services, WPS, event boxes, a conduit between alt currencies, alchemy potions, gems, it's the primary currency for the player shops which there now 550 active ones, all the usual NPC shops and services and then there are auctions. As far as I know auctions were slated for every 6 months but I don't think they managed to fix the NPC auctioneer, I'm not sure what's happening there.

There's also just too much base and mid tier stuff in the game. In the past even simple things like decent enhancive had a market but now if it's less than like +10 it might as well be pawn shop fodder. I found a 5x shield hunting today but there's no market for that anymore either so I'll either give it away or pawn it because anything 7x and under isn't hard to get a hold of.

So people can either hold onto silvers to try and get something elite or they might as well sell them because anything really doesn't have a cost.
    R.I.P. Bushido Brown