Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: GMs giving up on silvers?

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I remember this

Highest price I remember getting was 15 per back in I think 2002-2003. I think when I first started playing in '97 they were going for at least 40 per, which blew my mind after seeing people actually paid cash for text.
    I remember going to RtCF back in 2013 and buying some. I forgot how much silvers were going for or who I bought from, but that was the only time I bought silvers from another player. At that time I was less financially secure then, and I had to do a bit of explaining to my wife why I’m spending real money to buy a virtual currency in a text game.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    I remember going to RtCF back in 2013 and buying some. I forgot how much silvers were going for or who I bought from, but that was the only time I bought silvers from another player. At that time I was less financially secure then, and I had to do a bit of explaining to my wife why I’m spending real money to buy a virtual currency in a text game.
    I think $10 per was the rate back then. I want to say it held that price for a good while. If I remember correctly, 2017 was the last time I remember selling for 10 per.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

I think $10 per was the rate back then. I want to say it held that price for a good while. If I remember correctly, 2017 was the last time I remember selling for 10 per.
    Yeah I was kind of surprised at how long silvers retained their value after RtCF.

Either a lot of people didn't get the memo that RtCF was the reason silvers were selling high and it was over, or the GMs succeeded in draining a lot of silvers so the supply was really low for a while.

Almost like the GMs can indeed give silvers value. Strange that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Yeah I was kind of surprised at how long silvers retained their value after RtCF.

Either a lot of people didn't get the memo that RtCF was the reason silvers were selling high and it was over, or the GMs succeeded in draining a lot of silvers so the supply was really low for a while.

Almost like the GMs can indeed give silvers value. Strange that.
    I ignored DR until 2020, but looking back, I'm not really sure how silvers held $10 per even for a couple years after DR came out, which I think DR started in 2015.

Unless farming BS was just a lot slower back then, which I know DR has been nerfed a bunch of times since it came out.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Unless farming BS was just a lot slower back then, which I know DR has been nerfed a bunch of times since it came out.
    Yeah BS farming was way slower back in the day.

There were only solo runs, no 3 man teams, and 3 mans give more BS on a per entry basis compared to solo runs.

It was relatively easy to die in arenas back in the day, and you either didn't get any BS at all if you died or you got a lot less than you do now.

The amount of BS you got depended on how fast you finished the arena and it wasn't easy to get a perfect run to get the most BS, and as mentioned above even if you did get the most it was still less than you get now. Now you get the full amount no matter how long it takes.

If you died back in the day you had to be raised by a player, you weren't automatically raised by an NPC like now.

If you got wounded back in the day you either had to heal yourself via empath/herbs or have another player heal you, you weren't automatically fully healed like now.

You didn't get your mana or spirit back after every run back in the day either, so if you were someone who hunted with mana, and especially if you were in COL and needed that mana via wracking to finish an arena, you weren't doing back to back runs like you can now.

Also back in the day if you died you lost all of your spells and had to respell, nowadays you don't lose spells when you die in arena.

I think that's why bards were so popular back then, because with 1030 they could plow through most rounds and usually get a perfect run without wasting as much mana as other classes, but I'm sure even bards weren't capable of doing back to back runs like now.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 03-14-2024 at 04:20 PM.

There were only solo runs, no 3 man teams, and 3 mans give more BS on a per entry basis compared to solo runs.

It was relatively easy to die in arenas back in the day, and you either didn't get any BS at all if you died or you got a lot less than you do now.

The amount of BS you got depended on how fast you finished the arena and it wasn't easy to get a perfect run to get the most BS, and as mentioned above even if you did get the most it was still less than you get now. Now you get the full amount no matter how long it takes.

If you died back in the day you had to be raised by a player, you weren't automatically raised by an NPC like now.

If you got wounded back in the day you either had to heal yourself via empath/herbs or have another player heal you, you weren't automatically fully healed like now.

You didn't get your mana or spirit back after every run back in the day either, so if you were someone who hunted with mana, and especially if you were in COL and needed that mana via wracking to finish an arena, you weren't doing back to back runs like you can now.

Also back in the day if you died you lost all of your spells and had to respell, nowadays you don't lose spells when you die in arena.

I think that's why bards were so popular back then, because with 1030 they could plow through most rounds and usually get a perfect run without wasting as much mana as other classes, but I'm sure even bards weren't capable of doing back to back runs like now.
    Simu: WHY IS EVERYONE SCRIPTING DUSKRUIN!?!?!?

This is what killed DR arena's appeal for me, it went from nail biting stuff to basically mindless tedium. I suppose the new ascension hunting grounds have filled that void now though. If it were up to me I were me I would scrap the arena altogether but keep the Gladiator with his offerings adjusted, that way you're not wasting people's time and Simu still get their money.

Well shoot. Is there some sort of silver event happening soon that I don't know about or something?

I have no silvers at the moment and I've had about 6 or 7 people reach out to me in the past day asking to buy silvers.

Well shoot. Is there some sort of silver event happening soon that I don't know about or something?

I have no silvers at the moment and I've had about 6 or 7 people reach out to me in the past day asking to buy silvers.
    In that case, I have like 40m to get rid of right now for 3 per.