Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: The Politics Of Gemstone IV

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    Oh, yeah I didn’t mean hardcore as in 1 death means you are done. I don’t really get that appeal either. In a game like Gemstone where death is a mathematical certainty (at some point in time) in most hunting areas, those people are nuts. More power to them though.

I mean like a new instance of Gemstone where there is no legacy player base. Everyone has to start by rolling a new character. The ladder season lasts only so long, like say a year, at which point your character moves from that ladder server into the Prime server with the general population. Imagine at the start of the season everyone is hunting rats together. Nobody has access to 10x sick weighted gear. It’s a competition for the top players who can achieve the highest level / most fame by the end of it, and a unique experience for everyone.
    GS should just copy Diablo 3 seasons, except keep the sick gear in, but just have it all be random drops. It's all going to reset after a few months anyway, so even if someone finds the greatest IWIN sword in the history of gaming, they're only going to have it for a short time. And if someone actually wants to spend $5k buying it from someone else, they're still only going to have it for a few months, which makes them extra stupid.

Go the extra mile and get rid of exp absorption too and just make it all instant or at least greatly accelerated. Mess with different things each season, add/remove new mechanics, etc. Balance doesn't matter when the world resets every few months, and they can add/remove features for each season.

And throw in leaderboards for 98747328942370 different things.

Only problem is Simu figuring out how to exploit that to rip people off for thousands of dollars, which would be pretty much impossible, which is why something like this would never happen.

And also because it would require actual real dev instead people sitting around working on dumb retarded shit all day long that like 3 people are into.
    Last edited by Methais; 10-21-2023 at 06:35 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MrKennedy View Post
    Go away loser. Normal people are speaking today.
    Last edited by Methais; 10-21-2023 at 06:35 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

5. Default

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Go away loser. Normal people are speaking today.
    lol. You're in my Thread again. Jackass.

Can't say I blame ya.
    Last edited by MrKennedy; 10-21-2023 at 06:47 PM.

7. Default

Nah you guys are more than welcome to hang out in this Thread just as long as you are aware of my Music Binges from time to time.
    Last edited by MrKennedy; 10-21-2023 at 07:05 PM.

9. Default

Last edited by MrKennedy; 10-21-2023 at 07:13 PM.

10. Default

Last edited by MrKennedy; 10-21-2023 at 07:32 PM.