Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Game's Afoot -- Government Shutdown 2023

Cool The Game's Afoot -- Government Shutdown 2023

Rep. Byron Donalds, R-Fla., one of the lead negotiators for House Republicans’ current stopgap spending proposal, lashed out at moderate members who are warming up to the idea of working with Democrats to avoid a government shutdown.

More...
    "A lot of my colleagues, Freedom Caucus members, etc., need to be very concerned about the fact that we do have some Republican members who are willing to sign on to a clean [continuing resolution] with the Democrats, and basically eliminates out leverage to do anything," Donalds told reporters after a closed-door House GOP conference meeting on Tuesday.

"I don’t take that lightly. There’s multiple games afoot in this town."

Will Republicans be able to unite behind a plan to keep the government open? Do Republicans even want to keep the government open? Will there be an unholy bipartisan alliance to thwart the five holdouts? Will McCarthy be able to retain his fragile leadership position? Stay tuned to find out!
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    This is correct.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Trump is pushing reluctant Republican House members to shut down the government, hoping it will defund criminal prosecutions, especially his criminal prosecutions..

Sept 21 (Reuters) - Former President Donald Trump has urged fellow Republicans in Congress to shut down the government to thwart the federal prosecutions against him, although any funding lapse was unlikely to stop the cases from being pursued.

Republicans in the U.S. House of Representatives are at odds over how to proceed with spending legislation, which must be passed to avert an Oct. 1 shutdown. A small group of hardliners, including Trump's most fervent supporters, have complicated the agenda for House Speaker Kevin McCarthy as he pushes a short-term funding plan.

"Republicans in Congress can and must defund all aspects of Crooked Joe Biden’s weaponized Government," Trump wrote on his Truth Social media site late on Wednesday, calling it "the last chance to defund these political prosecutions against me and other Patriots."

More...

Trump is pushing reluctant Republican House members to shut down the government, hoping it will defund criminal prosecutions, especially his criminal prosecutions..
    That was a reoccurring theme in his Presidency as well, no leadership unless it personally benefited him or his brand. Not surprised he has coaxed the few remaining MAGA fanatics in the House to try and destabilize the country via a shutdown in order to benefit himself.

The government will shut down at 12:01 a.m. ET Sunday if Congress does not act, a possibility that looks increasingly likely.

More...

Stock up on toilet paper while it still on the shelves!

Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription

If you can't find TP, go to CVS and purchase 3 or 4 items individually for a couple days then you should have a month's supply from the receipts.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    If you can't find TP, go to CVS and purchase 3 or 4 items individually for a couple days then you should have a month's supply from the receipts.
    I invested in and installed the Butt Buddy (bidet) back in 2020 in one of our bathrooms. I found out I don’t like leaving that area wet and never use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    I invested in and installed the Butt Buddy (bidet) back in 2020 in one of our bathrooms. I found out I don’t like leaving that area wet and never use it.
    I am single, I do through about a double roll a week +/- so since I have 2 bathrooms, I have a couple of the large 18 double roll packs set back so I am good for a while. Doing ok on the food and so on as well.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    I am single, I do through about a double roll a week +/- so since I have 2 bathrooms, I have a couple of the large 18 double roll packs set back so I am good for a while. Doing ok on the food and so on as well.
    Word.

I’ve got a wife & kids to care for and I’ll admit that I probably take prepping a little too far. I’m doing ok on food, water, and survival essentials. Whatever I’m lacking in those areas I have an embarrassing ridiculous amount of ammunition that I can trade (or become a local warlord and use?) if a without rule of law situation drags on for a long extended amount of time.