Thread: Employment help

Default Employment help

I have a medical condition and my insurance through my employer will not cover my medication. Does anyone in the NJ/Eastern PA have any leads for an employment opportunity with good health insurance? Thanks in advance.

2. Default

It would depend on your skillset, but in general I believe healthcare workers have good health insurance.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Depending on the medication, you should look at buying meds from Canada or Mexico. In the past I've had meds that weren't covered by my insurance, or I had a big deductible, so I started buying them from Canada for 1/10th the price.

Additionally, dig in hard with the insurance company. Most drugs can be covered, but you may have to go through a step program to get there. So keep pushing. Work with your doctor and any kind of ombudsman you can.

One ally you'll find is the drug manufacturer. No surprise, as they are often making enormous amounts off each dose of some drugs, if that's the type of category you're looking at. The drugs that are in the "2-3 house payments for 1 dose" category all have copay assistance programs. They'll happily cover the cost of your $3000 deductible when 1 dose of their drug is $7500. So game the hell out of that system. Find out the max they'll pay, and find a policy with a deductible of the same amount. That way, your deductible for the year is already paid for in January, for the rest of the year. By someone else.

Work the system for yourself. Be a persistent pain in the ass.
    Last edited by Archigeek; 09-06-2023 at 02:35 PM.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Blog Entries

If you are a medical professional, I can help you out. This is literally my line of work and that's an area I have some contacts.
    2013 PC FF Champion

Ross#9505 on Discord

5. Default

Mark Cuban created costplusdrugs.com, might check that out as well
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal