Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 108M exp Property cross realm Mount unlocks x/day spells Lumnis brooch etc

Quote Originally Posted by Tolwynn View Post
    Not only were you getting the bloodscrip, but you got a stackable 5000 xp flat award per book on top of it.
    Wait what? 5000 instant absorbed experience, or did it go into your field experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Wait what? 5000 instant absorbed experience, or did it go into your field experience?
    Field experience, but that way you could benefit from whatever boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolwynn View Post
    Field experience, but that way you could benefit from whatever boosts.
    That's still fucking nuts. I'm sure in a couple more years it will be instantly absorbed experience.

Man I didn't realize how crazy the P2W shit was getting because I haven't paid attention to paid events in years.

No wonder silver prices are tanking. I wonder if Simu realizes how quickly they are going to kill off their game if they drive away all of those nasty third party sellers.

4. Default

That's still fucking nuts. I'm sure in a couple more years it will be instantly absorbed experience.

Man I didn't realize how crazy the P2W shit was getting because I haven't paid attention to paid events in years.

No wonder silver prices are tanking. I wonder if Simu realizes how quickly they are going to kill off their game if they drive away all of those nasty third party sellers.
    Wyrom did point out.... if you actually do the runs associated with a 25 count book (which is what the NPC took for the 5k experience) - you gained WAY more experience. You also lose out on all the loot when using the NPC, which was substantial.
    The NPC was a "i don't have the time, but i still want to buy stuff" option for folks. Less rewards, but got the Bloodscrip.
    Last edited by Sthrockmorton; 09-07-2023 at 05:56 PM.
    ~Kontii Slie'phox

PM me here, or find me in game or the GSIV Discord as Kontii

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Yes. I'm not even sure what the point of running arena is anymore unless you want pawnshop trash to get more worthless silvers with.
    wait a minute I thought we were paying for the fun of running the mini-games thousands times and the currency was just an ancillary benefit.
    “One of the hardest things about giving up any kind of prejudice is being honest with yourself. It’s not easy to say, ‘For nineteen years I’ve been living and believing a certain way and I’m beginning to wonder if what I believed is right.’ Then you go a little further and start admitting, ‘No, I KNOW what I believed is not right. I have no right to feel that way.” - Charlie Daniels

Too late.
    “One of the hardest things about giving up any kind of prejudice is being honest with yourself. It’s not easy to say, ‘For nineteen years I’ve been living and believing a certain way and I’m beginning to wonder if what I believed is right.’ Then you go a little further and start admitting, ‘No, I KNOW what I believed is not right. I have no right to feel that way.” - Charlie Daniels

Someone told me the other day that at Duskruin you can now buy some item that lets you just flat out add +1 enchant to an item.

I was like "Really?" Because I was trying to sell them some enchanting juice and he said "Yeah but it's cheaper to just buy it at DR" and then told me about that.

Like what the fuck even anymore?

They introduce suffuse, an awesome mechanic that opens up a lot of possibilities for working on gear and making player services more valuable, then they release potions behind a paywall that allows people to just lower the difficulty of an item by 500.

At this rate we are just a few years out from a permanent NPC that will provide any service for any item for cash.
    Enchanting being available at DR isn’t a new thing, FWIW. It has been available since before suffuse was a thing

Quote Originally Posted by Sthrockmorton View Post
    Wyrom did point out.... if you actually do the runs associated with a 25 count book (which is what the NPC took for the 5k experience) - you gained WAY more experience. You also lose out on all the loot when using the NPC, which was substantial.
    The NPC was a "i don't have the time, but i still want to buy stuff" option for folks. Less rewards, but got the Bloodscrip.
    Comparing apples to oranges. First, almost no one was sitting around till clear before doing another run, so the "way more" premise is largely inaccurate. Additionally, the more accurate comparison is to stick to people who don't have time to do the runs themselves. They weren't getting any experience out of books they were selling to other players who did have time, and getting zero EXP in return. That's me in that buyer group, buying from some of the people complaining here. Of course I'm going to take the BS at a set rate AND 5000 EXP per book. At one point I had 130,000+ EXP in my head, waiting to absorb. It took almost a week to get back to zero. There's no question it changes the game for a lot of people.

For me, the biggest drawback was that I had to wait a week to play with my new stuff. That and I spent too much.
    Last edited by Archigeek; 09-08-2023 at 12:01 PM.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Also. Good luck Roblar! I'll miss you.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    Enchanting being available at DR isn’t a new thing, FWIW. It has been available since before suffuse was a thing
    Has it always been available off the shelf? I thought those were like rare prizes or something?

Why do people bother buying x10 enchant pots if they can just buy the enchant directly from an NPC?