Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: First GOP Debate

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    He has not overseen any amazing success at all... it's literally people just going back to normal after the Left shut everything down for 2 years... and they're trying to do it again. Know how I know?

https://www.bls.gov/charts/employmen...ation-rate.htm

Biden can't even get the labor participation rate back to pre-pandemic levels. Biden oversaw an actual recession (even though they redefined recession to claim that he didn't).

I said this a couple years ago... you don't get credit for fixing a problem you created.

I also said... they'll make shit so bad (which they did) that when it improves even a little bit, their sycophant followers (ie. You) would try and laud it.

But hey... me telling you these things won't change anything.
    Shaps why are you referencing a chart on civilian labor force participation? In what way does that supersede unemployment rate, inflation rate and GDP?

Because everything can be fudged... and unemployment rate is based off of labor participation... or the lack of it not being counted... the whole "not looking for work" as not being counted clause.

You bring up GDP?

https://www.bea.gov/news/2023/gross-...vance-estimate

There was a literal boost when we opened back up... nothing Biden did helped... then it stabilized a bit for the first year as more went back... then look at when his policies started coming around...

2 negative quarters (a RECESSION) and look at those miniscule %'s...

He's doing a fantastic job though. No doubt.

Fun fact: Do you know which presiding President oversaw zero negative GDP growth during their tenure since 2000? That would be Donald Trump... until the Left shut everything down and scared the living shit out of the country for 2 years.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/A191RL1Q225SBEA

Pretty fun fact, right?
    Last edited by Shaps; 08-24-2023 at 04:31 PM.

You cite inflation rates?

https://www.usinflationcalculator.co...flation-rates/

7, 6.5, and 3.2... Biden is doing an AMAZING job!

And again... these numbers won't matter to you, because... well, just because.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    This is VERY inaccurate, and you should know better.

No one is in trouble for using contesting the election through the allowable channels. In this country EVERY candidate has a right to contest election results. You can submit evidence of voter fraud to local and Federal authorities, you can request recounts under certain circumstances, and you can contest just about every part of the process through the Courts. The Trump campaign used (and abused) these channels, but it was their right to do so.

What you are NOT allowed to do is organize and incite a violent mob and send them to attack a co-equal branch of government as a ploy to disrupt Congress's official election certification. You are NOT allowed to convene groups of people and have them impersonate official elector slates, illegally submitting votes they claim are the official ones and holding them at the ready to submit more votes to cause confusion. You are NOT allowed to instruct the Vice President of the United States of America to illegally refuse to count the real votes of the electors and to instead count those of the fake slates of electors you organized.

And you are NOT allowed to call up state elections officials and demand that they change their vote counts in your favor.

THAT'S what people are being prosecuted for here. Because it's fucking illegal- and with good reason.

Nobody has EVER done any of that in our country. It used to be a source of pride for us as a nation- 250 uninterrupted years of peaceful transitions of power and reverence for our democracy. And now that record has been tarnished.

And if could put your blinders down for 30 seconds, maybe you could admit to yourself that it's not okay to normalize any of this. And that if we don't hold people accountable for this, we are going to turn this into the new normal, and it's going to get worse and worse from there.
    You know what also isn’t allowed but it happened anyways with no consequences? The FBI sitting on evidence for over a year about Biden’s corrupt family business dealings & simultaneously censoring that information with social media companies before the election as Russian disinformation.

You want to be taken seriously with J6 and the so-called insurrection? Admit that the prior election was indeed highly contested and there was shady shit at play. I’ve accepted Biden as our President & Trump lost, but let us not pretend & gaslight that this was the fairest election in the history of country.

Hell, I’ll even go first and say some shady shit went down in Florida with the 2000 election if that makes you feel better. Bush won and that is the world we live in.
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 08-24-2023 at 04:45 PM.

SP.. it doesn't matter to her.

I've already posted links, historical reports, videos showing the Democrats doing everything she is claiming that happened in 2020.

It doesn't matter.

They're "right" and we're "wrong"... so when they do it, it's to "save the country!"... and when their opponents do, it's to "destroy the country!"...

Just like "safe spaces" and the Left pushing people of color to segregate themselves from the heinous white folks... IS NOT, get it? IS NOT segregation and racist... just like their roots.

Because they are supporting segregation to "protect" people of color... not harm them!

They're fucking morons. All there is to it.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/oAKS_...?feature=share

Fun example of what I'm talking about... just a 30 second short. LOL

SP.. it doesn't matter to her.

I've already posted links, historical reports, videos showing the Democrats doing everything she is claiming that happened in 2020.

It doesn't matter.

They're "right" and we're "wrong"... so when they do it, it's to "save the country!"... and when their opponents do, it's to "destroy the country!"...

Just like "safe spaces" and the Left pushing people of color to segregate themselves from the heinous white folks... IS NOT, get it? IS NOT segregation and racist... just like their roots.

Because they are supporting segregation to "protect" people of color... not harm them!

They're fucking morons. All there is to it.
    Perhaps you are right. On the other hand, my experience communicating with Time4Fun has led me to believe she possess at minimum an adequate level of intelligence & even decorum at times to have an honest discussion. We’re not dealing with the retard GOAT. It obviously really bothers her that you state the election was less than fair and she professes to care about the integrity of our democratic process. Lets see where this goes and if she can be honest or perhaps acknowledge that an opposing viewpoint from her own does exist.
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 08-24-2023 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    Perhaps you are right. On the other hand, my experience communicating with Time4Fun has led me to believe she possess at minimum an adequate level of intelligence & even decorum at times to have an honest discussion. We’re not dealing with the retard GOAT. It obviously really bothers her that you state the election was less than fair and she professes to care about the integrity of our democratic process. Lets see where this goes and if she can be honest or perhaps acknowledge that an opposing viewpoint from her own does exist.
    I would like to think so... but years on these forums has taught me... their logical and demure responses only last so long, before returning to crazy town.

But I can appreciate your optimism.

I would like to think so... but years on these forums has taught me... their logical and demure responses only last so long, before returning to crazy town.

But I can appreciate your optimism.
    All women are crazy by man’s definition. They are, on average, much more emotionally driven (emotionally intelligent if I’m choosing to be nice). Some are crazier than others. It’s a spectrum.

Edit: Also they have tiny hollow bones & more body fat, which is why biological males should never be allowed to compete in women’s sports.
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 08-24-2023 at 05:03 PM.

You cite inflation rates?

https://www.usinflationcalculator.co...flation-rates/

7, 6.5, and 3.2... Biden is doing an AMAZING job!

And again... these numbers won't matter to you, because... well, just because.
    Shaps, you need to take a breath, read the full argument and give yourself time to process before you start rapid fire googling and throwing in random political attack lines.

My post specifically put our recovery in an international context because just looking at the US numbers in isolation doesn't give a full picture of the effectiveness of Biden's economic policies. When you look at our recovery compared to other wealthy nations, it shows that what Biden (and the Fed- big props to the Fed) has been doing is working incredibly well.

So first, you pulling out a bunch of charts showing US-only stats doesn't affect that argument in any way. It comes across as though you didn't really understand the point of my post.

Also you pulled out data that doesn't really help you. Civilian labor force participation isn't relevant here because every country I mentioned is using the same ILO standard definition of unemployment. (which excludes voluntary withdrawal from the labor market) And it doesn't change the fact that our unemployment rate recovery is phenomenal compared to the rest of the G7.

Your point about quarterly GDP makes it seem like you don't really understand quarterly GDP. It's a metric usually measured in low single digits. You confused a Y-axis adjustment for outlier data with an objective value. And it doesn't change the fact that our GDP is 5.4% higher than it was pre-pandemic, which is far better than the rest of the G7.

Breathe. Absorb the argument and the data. Reflect on it. Then respond.
    Last edited by time4fun; 08-24-2023 at 05:27 PM.