Thread: Yew Longbow - +11 Ranged, +11 Ambush, +9 Armor

1. Default Yew Longbow - +11 Ranged, +11 Ambush, +9 Armor

Any value in this?

I feel like I might've found a keeper here. Curious to hear from the experts. All enhancives are to bonus.

an engraved yew long bow

As you recall Jaskier's song, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the yew long bow in your hand, and you learn something about it...

It imparts a bonus of +2 more than usual.
    It is an enhancive item:
    It provides a boost of 11 to Ranged Weapons Bonus.
    This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 40 times.
    It provides a boost of 11 to Ambush Bonus.
    This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 40 times.
    It provides a boost of 9 to Armor Use Bonus.
    This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 45 times.
    It seems to have a lot of enhancive charges remaining.
    It will persist after its last enhancive charge has been expended.
    It appears to weigh about 3 pounds.
    It is estimated to be worth about 950,000 silvers.
    It is sighted to assist in aiming, but exactly how much requires assessment.
    It is predominantly crafted of yew.
    It is a simple project (57 difficulty) for an adventurer to modify.
    It has a temporarily unlocked loresong by Jaskier for 24 days, 23 hours and 8 minutes.

-- Kontii
    ~Kontii Slie'phox

PM me here, or find me in game or the GSIV Discord as Kontii

I suck at assigning values to enhansives, so I'll let someone else speculate on that. The main thing I can see affecting the price would be that the level requirement for the enhansives is right about when most snipers are going to be able to afford sephwir. If that ambush bonus is enough to effectively put it on par with sephwir's sighting, you've def got a keeper.... if not, it might be a hard sell. Hopefully someone a bit more tuned into how the numbers work out will comment.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    I suck at assigning values to enhansives, so I'll let someone else speculate on that. The main thing I can see affecting the price would be that the level requirement for the enhansives is right about when most snipers are going to be able to afford sephwir. If that ambush bonus is enough to effectively put it on par with sephwir's sighting, you've def got a keeper.... if not, it might be a hard sell. Hopefully someone a bit more tuned into how the numbers work out will comment.
    Does the sighting matter that much, since it can be boosted pretty quickly with WPS / Services?
    ~Kontii Slie'phox

PM me here, or find me in game or the GSIV Discord as Kontii

Sephwir is garbage. That bow is an awesome project base. Value is something I'm not good at either, but definitely a keeper

Depends on who's looking and what kind of resources they have and are willing to invest in the character that'll be using it. Post-cap archers prolly won't care much about sighting and will see it as a good project piece (esp if they hunt in the open), leveling snipers are def gonna care about the sighting.

The more I think about it, the more I think I'd prolly put an MB of 2-3m on it and see where it goes. There are enough ranged wizards and rangers that fight in the open that it won't really matter if it's attractive to snipers.
    Last edited by Nothing; 08-23-2023 at 07:52 PM.