Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Uploaded ;grids to the repo

Enjoying playing around with this for a UI that gives me the information I want at a glance. Any updates since the 09/2023 version on the repo? Didn't see an option for tracking encumbrance which I was going to add a widget type for. Unless I'm misunderstanding, there's not a widget type for entirely custom without modifying the script itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Omrii View Post
    Enjoying playing around with this for a UI that gives me the information I want at a glance. Any updates since the 09/2023 version on the repo? Didn't see an option for tracking encumbrance which I was going to add a widget type for. Unless I'm misunderstanding, there's not a widget type for entirely custom without modifying the script itself.
    The version on the repo is the latest version. I sort of put this script on the back burner but I can look into getting more widgets going.

How does it run? Any issues with memory or anything?

I'll give you some feedback in 3-5 days. Got it setup close enough to what I want that now I want to see how it does running a few days on end in Shattered. Not sure if I'll have the chat/game window there long term or if I'll run it more as a dashboard. The chat/game window scroll bar refuses to not jump back to current. If I need to go back and check on something that flew by, I currently have to flip over to the wizard.

The chat/game window scroll bar refuses to not jump back to current.
    Hmm. That's weird, I thought I had that fixed. I can take a look at that.

Also I uploaded a new version that can now track Encumbrance.

You can set the Progress Bar Fraction to 0 for Encumbrance and it would work similarly to Health and Spirit, that is if your encumbrance is at 0% the bar would be at 0% and if your encumbrance is at 75% the bar would be 75% full.

I'll probably move to this system for most bars in the future for widgets that have a percentage system like this.

Let me know what other widgets you would like to see tracked.

Thanks for adding that. I changed it out and am going to try to resist the urge to stop the script for a 48-72 hours. If you're curious here is what I've got running. If I use it as an entire replacement to the FE, I intend to have six of these tiled on a 2560x1440 screen. Not trying to go crazy with concurrent accounts.

Other random observations: Text generated by lich does not appear in the chat window. The mind state and now encumbrance widgets have an odd behavior for widget width. Both are set at 35 in this screenshot, but in reality they are 150.

Screenshot 2024-04-01 213247.jpg

Looks awesome.

Other random observations: Text generated by lich does not appear in the chat window.
    Yeah I think that was one of the things I was working on before I moved this script to the back burner.

The mind state and now encumbrance widgets have an odd behavior for widget width. Both are set at 35 in this screenshot, but in reality they are 150.
    Do you mean you want them to be 35 pixels in width but the script is setting them to 150?

If so it might have something to do with the progress bar if you are using bars for those widgets. I think there is a minimum size progress bars can be set to in GTK3.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Do you mean you want them to be 35 pixels in width but the script is setting them to 150?

If so it might have something to do with the progress bar if you are using bars for those widgets. I think there is a minimum size progress bars can be set to in GTK3.
    No, I mean the configs says 35 for the value of widget width, yet the widget is in reality 150. I want it at 150, so it's not an issue for what I am doing here. I'll take a closer look at progress bar settings, but I don't remember a widget width there at all. That said, I'm just going to let it run to see if Wizard+Grids can do what SF/Wrayth cannot and run for days on end.

No, I mean the configs says 35 for the value of widget width, yet the widget is in reality 150. I want it at 150, so it's not an issue for what I am doing here.
    Oh yeah, I think progress bars in GTK3 have a minimum size, could be what's going on here.

That said, I'm just going to let it run to see if Wizard+Grids can do what SF/Wrayth cannot and run for days on end.
    That would be awesome to know. Let me know what happens. From the testing I did the Ruby garbage collection did a pretty good job in the script of keeping memory usage down. I didn't notice any memory leaks, but I only tested it for about 12 hours. Would be great to know what happens after a few days.

One of these days I'm going to look into seeing if I can convert ;grids into a standalone program that can directly connect to GS without needing to use a different FE first, but that's for a future date.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 04-01-2024 at 11:18 PM.

So after about a week, I've seen no issues running grids from a performance or memory usage standpoint. The ruby processes associated with the clients using grids are about 50-100mb higher in RAM usage at any given time than those not running grids. (250 vs 300-350). I cannot recall seeing it peak above ~350mb on memory usage over the past week. Starting to convert more of my accounts to this setup.