Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Man Makers

Default Man Makers

I’ve been putting on some extra pounds of softness around my mid-section, and a couple weeks ago I made a conscious decision to do something about that. I’ve been working out with a friend that is a physical trainer. Last night we did this P90X type of workout. The last bit were these “man maker” exercises with 10 pound weights. 3 sets of those each to the point of failure. Fuck that shit. I can barely walk today and feel like I got hit by a truck.

How much longer until I look like Arnold in Terminator 1?

Your only hope is to die and be rebuilt as a robocop.

Honest answer, you will notice results in 3 months. Don't focus on the end, enjoy the process and the small victories.
    Last edited by phantasm; 08-01-2023 at 04:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEschaton View Post
    Are our lives now so fragmented and depersonalized that things we should already be doing, like saving those in danger and feeding the homeless, have suddenly become the actions of heroes?

-TheE-

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    I’ve been putting on some extra pounds of softness around my mid-section, and a couple weeks ago I made a conscious decision to do something about that. I’ve been working out with a friend that is a physical trainer. Last night we did this P90X type of workout. The last bit were these “man maker” exercises with 10 pound weights. 3 sets of those each to the point of failure. Fuck that shit. I can barely walk today and feel like I got hit by a truck.

How much longer until I look like Arnold in Terminator 1?
    Great job getting started, that's the hardest part.

Consistency is key with that kind of thing. Your best results will start showing up when you can say you haven't missed an intended workout day for a month or two.
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription

Gahdamn those double cheeseburgers & Big Gulps of soda have done a number on me. I’ve been alternating days of light cardio with days of strength training. I’ve lost a little weight and down to 219. Trying to get to 200 and 15% body fat by my birthday in 7 weeks. That would be decent fighting shape. I’ve been freaking out about turning 40 this year. If I’m going to be old and have a midlife crisis, I prefer to be in the best shape of my life.

Also I’m taking natural testosterone booster (I think it’s ground up bull cock or something in those pills…don’t want to know but they sell them at Sam’s Club), multivitamin, amino acids, zinc, magnesium, fish oils, and creatine daily for supplements.

How does one acquire anabolic steroids and/or HgH? Do I ask my doctor or do you have to buy them from some Russian dude in a dark ally & hope for the best?

Blog Entries

I’ve been freaking out about turning 40 this year.
    Congrats, you're now at the age where your body reminds you of all the stupid shit you did as a teenager. Within 10 years you will have mastered "rolling" out of bed.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Congrats, you're now at the age where your body reminds you of all the stupid shit you did as a teenager. Within 10 years you will have mastered "rolling" out of bed.
    I did a LOT of stupid shit as a teenager. I always had this inclination I was going to die in my 20s like Kurt Cobain or Tupac. Now that I’ve made it this far, I kinda want to live long enough to meet my grandchildren.

Also I’m taking natural testosterone booster (I think it’s ground up bull cock or something in those pills…don’t want to know but they sell them at Sam’s Club), multivitamin, amino acids, zinc, magnesium, fish oils, and creatine daily for supplements.
    Fish oil sucks, but does do the job of delivering Omega3s. Check out flax seed oil as an alternative. Does the same stuff but no fish burps, plus you can take it as a pill instead of fish oil or just cook with that shit.

Sams club has these aussie bite grain muffin things here, that have flax seed in em, among other things. Reasonably healthy snack.

Speaking of fish, try to get some Salmon in once in awhile.

Read up on natural bodybuliding dietary stuff, there's a ton of things you can eat to promote test.

Gahdamn those double cheeseburgers & Big Gulps of soda have done a number on me. I’ve been alternating days of light cardio with days of strength training. I’ve lost a little weight and down to 219. Trying to get to 200 and 15% body fat by my birthday in 7 weeks. That would be decent fighting shape. I’ve been freaking out about turning 40 this year. If I’m going to be old and have a midlife crisis, I prefer to be in the best shape of my life.
    Your timeline seems a tad aggressive. I'd advise adjusting mindset to making this more of a lifestyle change than a "do this for X days to drop X pounds" event, and you'll probably hit that 200 goal by Nov if you are in fact able to get in the cardio 3- 5 days a week, regardless of strength training.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    Your timeline seems a tad aggressive. I'd advise adjusting mindset to making this more of a lifestyle change than a "do this for X days to drop X pounds" event, and you'll probably hit that 200 goal by Nov if you are in fact able to get in the cardio 3- 5 days a week, regardless of strength training.
    Bro 1 year ago my wife was pregnant with twin boys. She looked like a beached whale. Since then, she lost A TON of weight. If she can do that, I can lose a measly 19 pounds in 7 weeks.

Seriously though, yeah I’m trying to make it lifestyle change. If I’m not quite there by that date I won’t get discouraged. Phase 2 though…go on a calorie surplus with mass gainer and go hard in the paint at the gym. I want to add 25 pounds of mostly more muscle, and then get shredded this Spring.
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 08-01-2023 at 09:55 PM.