Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GMs triggering hunts now to bust you for scripting

Default GMs triggering hunts now to bust you for scripting

This is new... if you just finished a hunt/bounty and are saturated and resting on a node they take away your exp to trigger bigshot again, and then bust you immediately for scripting. They give the exp back if you pass.

I think it's a really slimy tactic, as I imagine many people can step away from the comp when saturated to grab some food or go to the bathroom or something, thinking they have a solid 10 min of safe afk time.

Surprisingly nobody on discord really seems to care.

SOME GMs are vindictive & petty, you don't want a bullseye on your back

The GMs are probably relying on the "trigger" part of the scripting policy for this. I think technically anything that is a "trigger" can be considered botting, so ;bigshot waiting for your mind to clear out before hunting again would be a trigger.

The surprising part is no one on Discord calling foul on this considering probably 90% of them use ;bigshot. "As long as it's not happening to me!" is probably their motto.

4. Default

add an error trap to the script that goes "you learned that to fast" or your mind went to empty or something and it aborts.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Rjex View Post
    This is new... if you just finished a hunt/bounty and are saturated and resting on a node they take away your exp to trigger bigshot again, and then bust you immediately for scripting. They give the exp back if you pass.

I think it's a really slimy tactic, as I imagine many people can step away from the comp when saturated to grab some food or go to the bathroom or something, thinking they have a solid 10 min of safe afk time.

When I'm saturated and have another bounty already finished, which is usually gems or skins or something, I run a script that turns in the bounty when I'm no longer saturated, picks up another one, and then goes back to where I was resting and then the script ends. No hunting scripts involved before or after, just that.

I wonder if some retard GM will try to decide that that's afk scripting anyway.
    Last edited by Methais; 05-11-2023 at 05:02 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Probably because they don't want to be kicked from the discord sever with all this can't hurt anyones feelings bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by Rjex View Post

They are being complete tools of course!

According to Wyrom, they're not going to allow GMs to do this.

Hopefully followed by 5 across the eyes to the GM who came up with it.

EDIT: And this shit here, lol...

GM sets what's basically an illegal trap, then yells at their victim for "abusing" the report system.

Simu really needs to require mental illness screenings for all GM applicants.
    Last edited by Methais; 05-11-2023 at 05:16 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

"How DARE you question why you lost 600 experience for no reason!"

I also like how some GMs act so righteous about "abusing" the report verb. Shit I've had entire conversations with GMs before using report because THEY TOLD ME TO COMMUNICATE WITH THEM THAT WAY. So obviously even GMs don't take the REPORT verb that seriously.

Same, I had a few convos on report which felt weird but I understood that report is basically a GM chat.