Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Two more conservative states reject abortion bans

Default Two more conservative states reject abortion bans

https://us.yahoo.com/news/abortion-b...115807139.html

South Carolina and Nebraska, two conservative states that have been pushing to ban abortion, on Thursday both failed to pass new bills prohibiting the procedure, preserving wide access to abortion in those states and handing surprise victories to abortion rights advocates.

Looks like the republican agenda to ban abortion isn’t really wanted.
    Last edited by Solkern; 04-28-2023 at 10:22 AM.
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    https://us.yahoo.com/news/abortion-b...115807139.html

South Carolina and Nebraska, two conservative states that have been pushing to ban abortion, on Thursday both failed to pass new bills prohibiting the procedure, preserving wide access to abortion in those states and handing surprise victories to abortion rights advocates.

Looks like the republican agenda to ban abortion isn’t really wanted.
    Despite what you may think, I don’t believe the majority of conservatives seek an outright ban on abortion. We definitely could come to a compromise that the majority could live with, but the radical ends of the political spectrum are dominating the conversation.

Edit: On a personal note I am morally opposed to abortion unless it’s medically necessary, but I recognize my value system may be different than others & this is a complicated issue.
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 04-28-2023 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    Despite what you may think, I don’t believe the majority of conservatives seek an outright ban on abortion. We definitely could come to a compromise that the majority could live with, but the radical ends of the political spectrum are dominating the conversation.

Edit: On a personal note I am morally opposed to abortion unless it’s medically necessary, but I recognize my value system may be different than others & this is a complicated issue.
    Yet, your politicians keep trying to push it, or something damn near close to it.
    Last edited by Solkern; 04-28-2023 at 10:59 AM.
    The idiot award goes to…

The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

4. Default

Yet, your politicians keep trying to push it, or something damn near close to it.
    Your politicians keep trying to push pedophilia, or something damn near close to it.

See how that works?
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Your politicians keep trying to push pedophilia, or something damn near close to it.

See how that works?
    And what exactly does this whataboutism have to do with the topic at hand?
    The idiot award goes to…

An hour later:

6. Default

And what exactly does this whataboutism have to do with the topic at hand?
    It's not whataboutism, whatever the fuck that means. I was just demonstrating how retarded your argument is.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Some do, yes.

To be fair…some of your politicians are pushing to have abortions be used as a legal birth control option right up to the point of birth (State of NY for example). Most Americans are not cool with that including liberals.

This is what I meant by the radical ends of the political spectrum are dominating the discussion and issue.
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 04-28-2023 at 12:08 PM.

Some do, yes.

To be fair…some of your politicians are pushing to have abortions be used as a legal birth control option right up to the point of birth (State of NY for example). Most Americans are not cool with that including liberals.

This is what I meant by the radical ends of the political spectrum are dominating the discussion and issue.
    Yeah, definitely for sure. We need to meet in the middle somehow. I’m pro abortion up to a point that an abortion should not be an option unless the mothers life is in jeopardy. When that is exactly I’m not quite sure. I’m guessing like 16 weeks. At the end of the day it’s the woman’s body, and she should have control over her own body.
    Last edited by Solkern; 04-28-2023 at 12:47 PM.
    The idiot award goes to…

An hour later:

Yeah, definitely for sure. We need to meet in the middle somehow. I’m pro abortion up to a point that an abortion should not be an option unless the mothers life is in jeopardy. When that is exactly I’m not quite sure. I’m guessing like 16 weeks.
    Legally, I 100% agree with this as I believe the majority of people do as well.

Why can’t we make this happen? Because we have state politicians engaged in a culture war pissing match fighting with other state politicians who are all trying to 1up each other. It’s stupid.
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 04-28-2023 at 01:02 PM.

I support abortion mainly because most abortions are gotten by leftists.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible