Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Banned For Making Too Much Silver

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SorcGoods101 View Post
    The powers that be at Simutronics have seen it fit to permanently ban me for making too much silver (implied: without them make enough money). I am posting this so that everyone knows the truth of the situation. For months, I have been fighting in REIM, I've probably said hello to some of you in the last node, where I spent most of my time. I was, as the GMs have now called it, cycling the Emperor and Empress. I bought thousands of dollars worth of REIM orbs and died hundreds of times in the process. All told, I made 1-2B silver in roughly 6 months (heavily tail weighted as I got better at it). After implementing the loot cap in April (which I honestly knew nothing about until I saw a random thought on LNET), they removed over 800M silver from my accounts and implemented a 90 day AFK penalty across them. When I contacted support to argue that nothing I did was against any published rules or implied game mechanics, they spent a week looking through logs. In the end, they determined that after the loot cap was implemented in April, one of my eight characters earned over the cap by abusing a game mechanic (they assigned every silver made to one character... the value was under the collective loot cap for my group). NOTE: This is not the penalty they originally stated. Despite my saying on multiple occasions that I would be honest and return whatever they thought was obtained "against policy", they decided my 25+ years in the game were not enough to substantiate my history of positive actions and interactions.

I would like to again thank all the GMs and GHs that made this game what it was/is for so long. Thank you to the many players that I have interacted with the years as well.

Sincerely,
    Soleren
    The main people in charge are complete tools. They used to be cool, but they have to make money now or be fired(guessing on that)

2. Default

I did not edit any of the transcript. I scaled up to 8 accounts. It was less than 2B over a total of 6 months... fairly heavily tail weighted as I got more characters.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by beldannon5 View Post
    The main people in charge are complete tools. They used to be cool, but they have to make money now or be fired(guessing on that)
    Not that it should matter how much somebody someone spends, but I dropped over $14K (simu store) on this game last year. I would have spent as much or more this year. I rarely sell anything (maybe a little BS here and there). They could have come any said "this is not the way we intended it to work, please stop while we fix it". I would happily have worked with them... even given back what they felt was in excess. You can read the email exchanges. They put me through BS for a week until they thought they had something worth the original punishment.
    Last edited by SorcGoods101; 04-21-2023 at 01:03 AM.

I'm really confused as to what exactly you were exploiting because I know nothing about Reim. So you're able to summon 2 boss critters basically, and summoning them "too often" was some sort of bug?

And these two boss critters apparently dropped a shit ton of loot that didn't count towards the loot cap, and previous to April 4th of this year the loot purposefully didn't count towards the loot cap, and after April 4th you were somehow able to bypass the loot cap?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I'm really confused as to what exactly you were exploiting because I know nothing about Reim. So you're able to summon 2 boss critters basically, and summoning them "too often" was some sort of bug?

And these two boss critters apparently dropped a shit ton of loot that didn't count towards the loot cap, and previous to April 4th of this year the loot purposefully didn't count towards the loot cap, and after April 4th you were somehow able to bypass the loot cap?
    If you brought multiple characters into REIM, you could bring two to the boss room. Summon and have the summoning character leave the room. The remaining character would fight them and pick up 60-80K worth of gear. Because the summoning character left room (without attacking), they did not get credit for killing the bosses... meaning they could resummon in 10 minutes (a timer Simu implemented... no idea why/when, was "away" when REIM was made). Do that over and over for two hours with as many characters as you have (that can survive). If you were perfect, it resulted in about 6M silver. Any deaths (which were common) or timing issues. and you were down to 4.5-5.2M. Keep in mind, it cost 8 REIM entries to do this (which if translated from $$ to silver is ~2M).
    Last edited by SorcGoods101; 04-21-2023 at 01:14 AM.

If you brought multiple characters into REIM, you could bring two to the boss room. Summon and have the summoning character leave the room. The remaining character would fight them and pick up 60-80K worth of gear. Because the summoning character left room (without attacking), they did not get credit for killing the bosses... meaning they could resummon in 10 minutes (a timer Simu implemented... no idea why/when, was "away" when REIM was made). Do that over and over for two hours with as many characters as you have (that can survive). If you were perfect, it resulted in about 6M silver. Any deaths (which were common) or timing issues. and you were down to 4.5-5.2M. Keep in mind, it cost 8 REIM entries to do this (which if translated from $$ to silver is ~2M).
    I mean this sounds like a simple fix from their perspective: just make it so when a character summons the boss they automatically get credit whether they attacked or not.

Also why just 2 hours? Could you theoretically do this all day? Or did you just stop after 2 hours because you got bored?

Also does doing this still use up a Reim orb? Or could you summon the bosses without using Reim orbs?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I mean this sounds like a simple fix from their perspective: just make it so when a character summons the boss they automatically get credit whether they attacked or not.

Also why just 2 hours? Could you theoretically do this all day? Or did you just stop after 2 hours because you got bored?

Also does doing this still use up a Reim orb? Or could you summon the bosses without using Reim orbs?
    That is the fix they made last week. It took all of two days. Their is a timer on REIM entries of 2 hours. Cost 1 orb per character for 2 hours.

But none of the details matter to them. Once I refuted their original charge, they dug until they came up with something else. Why else did it take a week to get any response. Even now, there is no way a rational person buys it. This could have all been avoided so easily.
    Last edited by SorcGoods101; 04-21-2023 at 01:21 AM.

I'm still not wild about the punishment, but this does make it sound more like a bug being exploited. I'd prefer they just told you to knock it off, though.

That said, as soon as you got into legal threats, the deal was sealed. They take that as an excuse to end the conversation and bring out the ban-hammer.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Meddel View Post
    I'm still not wild about the punishment, but this does make it sound more like a bug being exploited. I'd prefer they just told you to knock it off, though.

That said, as soon as you got into legal threats, the deal was sealed. They take that as an excuse to end the conversation and bring out the ban-hammer.
    Who said legal threats? I said I would get my money back. Court of public opinion and the BBB for now.

I was away from the game for 10 years... just tell me this wasn't the way it was supposed to work. Posts on discord made it clear that players and staff knew about this. In the end, they didn't ban be for cycling, they said I broke the loot cap on a single character.
    Last edited by SorcGoods101; 04-21-2023 at 01:25 AM.

That is the fix they made last week. It took all of two days. Their is a times on REIM entries of 2 hours. Cost 1 orb per character for 2 hours.
    Ah each entry lasts 2 hours, didn't know that.

I mean, 6m silvers in 2 hours is quite impressive.

If you did that for just 10 hours per day that's 900m a month.

But this seems like a lot of failures on Simu's part:

1) Why did the summoning person not get credit by default?
    2) Why didn't Reim's loot not count towards the monthly loot cap to begin with?
    3) I thought the GMs were keeping a pretty close eye on the amount of silvers players are generating these days, did they not notice 1 character was generating 110m a month and investigate this sooner?