Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Banned For Making Too Much Silver

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by peam View Post
    'Cause dum-dum made something pretty close to a legal threat. Any company with a lick of sense will immediately shut that down and refer the client to communicate with their legal team moving forward.

He fucked around and found out.
    I know why they made it a permanent ban. The issue is that in the end they only accused me of breaking the loot cap in April -- we can debate the finer points of group cap vs single cap later. For breaking the cap by 200M, they confiscated +800M in silver and banned all accounts 90 days. I'm sorry, but the two do not equate. It was a power play because they feel untouchable. As long as everyone keeps paying them and nobody holds them accountable... they are.
    Last edited by SorcGoods101; 04-21-2023 at 08:57 PM.

Let us know how the lawsuit goes.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by peam View Post
    Let us know how the lawsuit goes.
    Simu gonna countersue him at 1m exploited silvers = $4

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    And yet most of the time when you're like HEY WHAT THE FUCK someone links you to the ANNOUNCEMENTS CHANNEL where the information you're bitching about is. You're not actively monitoring shit other than hentai on the second monitor, jesus you kids fucking lie to yourselves nonstop.
    That's a retarded take, there's 8 announcement channels not to mention a bunch of shit just gets pinned in the individual sub-channels, if it even gets pinned at all.

Obviously the man knew what he was doing was kind of fishy, but let's not pretend the official discord is some hub of clear communication, I'm on there 8-12 hours a day fairly actively and shit still blindsides me constantly.
    I got 99 problems, but a Nyx ain't one.

What’s really bad about the announcement channels is how vague they are. Like sure multiple announcement channels can be useful, but the channels are vague like “Premium” and “Gameplay changes.”

Maybe you need one channel for known bugs that will get you into trouble if you exploit said bug, people might read that one more often.

Quote Originally Posted by SorcGoods101 View Post
    I know why they made it a permanent ban. The issue is that in the end they only accused me of breaking the loot cap in April -- we can debate the finer points of group cap vs single cap later. For breaking the cap by 200M, they confiscated +800M in silver and banned all accounts 90 days. I'm sorry, but the two do not equate. It was a power play because they feel untouchable. As long as everyone keeps paying them and nobody holds them accountable... they are.
    Yeah, that's what's bullshit here. Either give the 90 day "totally not a ban just a penalty" or take the silvers, but not both. In the end, Simu is gonna Simu.

The American dream, get your piece of the pie, a bigger piece than everyone else, the piece you deserve. Spend a chunk of your life as normal pleb trying to scrape it together but it's never enough. Until one day you decide to say fuck it lets go all out and get rich. With your puny criminal brain you hatch a semi-legal plot that you feel is safe. It all makes sense to you at the time, it seems legit, legal. It succeeds in making the money flow. Then people notice, you are pulling in more than your share. The people in power punish you, the other plebs laugh at you for being so dumb and making such an obvious mistake. All the while you still believe your own story that everything was fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEschaton View Post
    Are our lives now so fragmented and depersonalized that things we should already be doing, like saving those in danger and feeding the homeless, have suddenly become the actions of heroes?

-TheE-

My favorite part is how the guy is obviously exploiting but everyone acts all incredulous.

Like, we basically have a pretty good playground here and RMT is allowed to exist... But everyone is always trying to get away with the dumbest shit at all times. If you are trying to have your characters contributions be an actual income source IRL, yeah, you are going to have a very hard time and rightly so.... It's a video game and other players are trying to have fun also...

....I await people picking apart my comment regarding how it's anecdotal and this isn't about monetizing but fuck that, you know what I mean and it's true, you brainlets.
    Last edited by Zeminar; 04-25-2023 at 03:48 PM. Reason: mispelling
    Discord: Zim104#9999

Quote Originally Posted by Zeminar View Post
    My favorite part is how the guy is obviously exploiting but everyone acts all incredulous.
    My biggest issue is the GMs' reasoning. "No one else was doing this so you should have known better."

I have no idea what 99% of the people in GS are doing.

Also the fact that rather than pull him aside in game personally and say "Hey, look, knock it off. You're exploiting a bug." They instead didn't notice for apparently months that one character was generating 100+ million silvers a month, then took away all his silvers, gave him a 3 month ban, and then told him it was all his fault for not knowing he was exploiting a bug because supposedly it was listed as a bug somewhere (and I just checked through about a year's worth of posts from Retser on Discord and I didn't see him mention it anywhere.)

I'll admit when I first read the email chain it sounded like the GMs were being completely ridiculous, but then when he explained exactly what he was doing to get the GMs involved I was kind of like yeah......that does sound like you were doing something that was not intended.....

Like I said earlier I appreciate the GMs' efforts to try and maintain the integrity of the game, I really do. Doesn't mean there isn't some room for improvement for how they go about things sometimes.