Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Banned For Making Too Much Silver

1. Default

I'll point out as someone who loathes Discord and frequently ignores it. It's not actually hard to just mark the four channels you need to actually check once a day to see if something impacts you. It's not eight, it's four.

1. General Announcements.
    2. Development Announcements.
    3. Prime Announcements.
    4. Premium Announcements.

That's pretty much it. If you were plat(with the four to sixteen I ever see logged in there) you could also mark that one as well. If you were running CHE's or MHO's that's two more. Otherwise you can ignore Discord pretty much. Everything else you could keep muted which I sometimes do because people generally annoy me anymore.
    "I don't believe in God with a capital G and, I don't believe in the gods with their small g's. Not as real forces in the universe. But I believe in the bitch-goddess Irony. She crosses all time. She rules men and gods and God alike. And she has a wicked sense of humor."

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dud View Post
    I agree, this should've been a take back the silver and "knock it off" resolution. But this was obviously sketchy and detrimental to the game - I don't believe you actually thought this was okay to do? I am surprised you didn't just take your punishment and move on.
    You may make assumptions as you like, but the fact that you could respawn creatures in the game that have a timer on them does not scream bug to me. Somebody took the time to put that process in place, and the effort to "correct it" clearly wasn't that hard. I was under the loot cap each month (again, collectively) until the end and generated far less silvers than DR (or any other event). REIM was still a paid event, so a certain level of profit should be expected (we can argue all day as to what that is). So lets say I should have been held to the loot cap for 4 months (not even the 6)... that's still over 1B silver across 8 accounts. So how detrimental was this really? I don't believe the level of punishment was warranted.

Also, many people are assuming that I just deposited easy silver. I died hundred of times. Where else in the game to 2-7x capped characters die like that? Certainly not in DR where you can AFK script your way to a billion silver in a week. Rules are only rules when Simu wants them to be. According to the policy rules posted, everyone that was sitting in the node with me should be punished, no? It was clear what I was doing... they had an obligation to report me. If you are going to leave some things up for interpretation, it's pretty hard to be absolute on others.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dud View Post
    I agree, this should've been a take back the silver and "knock it off" resolution. But this was obviously sketchy and detrimental to the game - I don't believe you actually thought this was okay to do? I am surprised you didn't just take your punishment and move on.
    Let me ask you an honest question...

The mechanic that I was accused of breaking seems to be the exact same one that applies to bandits. If you summon a bandit (or group of bandits) but do not "participate" in the kill (I have no idea the actual mechanics), you don't get credit for killing them. Therefore, you can summon bandits endlessly for a group, with no timer. If somebody did this (summon bandits endlessly), are they breaking a game mechanic? The loot should not play a roll if the underlying question is the mechanic.

Now let's say you had 1 hour to complete a bounty, and could only summon bandits every 2 minutes (more than enough to finish your bounty in 10-15 minutes) -- which is much more stringent than the current system (no time limit and no cool down). If you summoned bandits 30 times over that span (by not killing them all yourself), have you broken a game mechanic?

Game mechanics and "proper loot" are both very subjective at times. If you have any bit of doubt about the above questions, then apply it to a paid area -- where there were no loot caps.

The 2 hour time limit on REIM was "probably" to give people enough time to complete and search a little (with some resting). When I played it one character, it would take me 1-1.25 hours to complete (that includes getting 1000 ethereal scrip). With a group of 4+, you can do that in 10-15 minutes. Is that what happens... no. Groups sit in one area with major loot boost using the increased spawn rate to rack up 2-3M silver in 2 hours - many don't even bother finishing. Couple that with the increased chance for legendary drops (a subject of several other posts) and it's a pretty good scheme. I'm sure that was not the "intention" of the design. Should they all be punished? PS - that is several other large groups, probably 20+ accounts.
    Last edited by SorcGoods101; 04-22-2023 at 08:08 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deadelf View Post
    I'll point out as someone who loathes Discord and frequently ignores it. It's not actually hard to just mark the four channels you need to actually check once a day to see if something impacts you. It's not eight, it's four.

1. General Announcements.
    2. Development Announcements.
    3. Prime Announcements.
    4. Premium Announcements.

That's pretty much it. If you were plat(with the four to sixteen I ever see logged in there) you could also mark that one as well. If you were running CHE's or MHO's that's two more. Otherwise you can ignore Discord pretty much. Everything else you could keep muted which I sometimes do because people generally annoy me anymore.
    How would these apply to individuals who do not wish to link with discord? If these are blocked unless you link with discord I think that should be addressed and either make those folders available or post it on the website. I will say I do not use the discord often and have been on a little break
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by SorcGoods101 View Post
    Let me ask you an honest question...

The mechanic that I was accused of breaking seems to be the exact same one that applies to bandits. If you summon a bandit (or group of bandits) but do not "participate" in the kill (I have no idea the actual mechanics), you don't get credit for killing them. Therefore, you can summon bandits endlessly for a group, with no timer. If somebody did this (summon bandits endlessly), are they breaking a game mechanic? The loot should not play a roll if the underlying question is the mechanic.

Now let's say you had 1 hour to complete a bounty, and could only summon bandits every 2 minutes (more than enough to finish your bounty in 10-15 minutes) -- which is much more stringent than the current system (no time limit and no cool down). If you summoned bandits 30 times over that span (by not killing them all yourself), have you broken a game mechanic?

Game mechanics and "proper loot" are both very subjective at times. If you have any bit of doubt about the above questions, then apply it to a paid area -- where there were no loot caps.

The 2 hour time limit on REIM was "probably" to give people enough time to complete and search a little (with some resting). When I played it one character, it would take me 1-1.25 hours to complete (that includes getting 1000 ethereal scrip). With a group of 4+, you can do that in 10-15 minutes. Is that what happens... no. Groups sit in one area with major loot boost using the increased spawn rate to rack up 2-3M silver in 2 hours - many don't even bother finishing. Couple that with the increased chance for legendary drops (a subject of several other posts) and it's a pretty good scheme. I'm sure that was not the "intention" of the design. Should they all be punished? PS - that is several other large groups, probably 20+ accounts.
    Honestly, I have zero interest in discussing bandit mechanics and GM protected Reim groups. You can take it up with the supreme court of gemstone. I genuinely wish you the best and am sorry to see you go.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SorcGoods101 View Post
    If you summon a bandit (or group of bandits) but do not "participate" in the kill (I have no idea the actual mechanics), you don't get credit for killing them. Therefore, you can summon bandits endlessly for a group, with no timer. If somebody did this (summon bandits endlessly), are they breaking a game mechanic?

If they were endlessly farming it to the tune of 2 billion silvers they'd probably end up banned too.

Blog Entries

That sucks. Go drop all your money into Ultima Online now.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    They don't want the game to be a money laundering operation if they're not getting a cut.
    Fixed.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    I sure hope that I get to sniff Estild's asshole one day
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjex View Post
    Eh... I don't buy that argument. However many people are doing something should have nothing to do with whether it's against policy or not. They seem be throwing accusations hoping something would stick to justify what they elected to do. Going over 35m is a particularly odd one, are we supposed to hire accountants? I couldn't even begin to guess how much silvers I earn per month.
    I don't remember the wording and I'm too lazy to go look for it, but Estild posted something in Discord at some point about how there were ways to go above the loot cap. He was only talking about squeezing out an extra 5-6m or so, but he mentioned that there were ways to do it and made no mention of anything policy related.

I'm guessing he was referring to smaller things like hoarding gems all month and purifying them as late into the month as possible before selling, maybe skins too, etc. but who knows.
    Last edited by Methais; 04-24-2023 at 09:31 AM.