Thread: Weapon Alter Box

Cool Weapon Alter Box [SOLD]

SOLD
    a glowing rune-etched golvern box
    Weapon alter box. Can alter the look of weapons by adding a gem or wrapping a creature skin around the handle.
    Have had a lot of fun with this. Only a handful in existence.
    70m. Cash accepted at $3.6 per.
    Message me on Discord ("Macillus" on GS4 server), or DM here if you are an old-fashioned troglodyte.

ANALYZE
    You analyze your golvern box and sense that the creator has provided the following information:
    This golvern box can add certain gems and skins to select weapons. Place both items inside and close the box.

The box can be altered as long as it makes sense with the loresong and mechanical whirring.
    Example w/gem
    You put a dark blue tempest stone in your golvern box.

You put a perfect mithril spikestar in your golvern box.

As you close your golvern box, you hear a mechanical whirring begin within it. Several measured ticks echo faintly, the unmistakable sound of a ratchet. The device hums along smoothly, giving off an odd assortment of clicks, ticks and clunks until, with one last ratcheting sound, the box falls silent.
    Roundtime: 15 sec.

The box opens smoothly but requires a fair bit of force, as though you were pulling against something. Various mechanical whirrings and clicks emanate from the box, finishing with a satisfying *CLICK* when the box is fully open. Inside the box, you notice two compartments, one of which contains a perfect mithril spikestar with a dark blue tempest stone set in its haft.
    Roundtime: 5 sec.

You remove a perfect mithril spikestar with a dark blue tempest stone set in its haft from in your golvern box.
    Example w/creature skin
    You put a perfect rolaren handaxe in your golvern box.

You put a brown bear skin in your golvern box.

As you close your golvern box, you hear a mechanical whirring begin within it. Several measured ticks echo faintly, the unmistakable sound of a ratchet. The device hums along smoothly, giving off an odd assortment of clicks, ticks and clunks until, with one last ratcheting sound, the box falls silent.
    Roundtime: 15 sec.

The box opens smoothly but requires a fair bit of force, as though you were pulling against something. Various mechanical whirrings and clicks emanate from the box, finishing with a satisfying *CLICK* when the box is fully open. Inside the box, you notice two compartments, one of which contains a perfect rolaren handaxe with a brown bear skin-wrapped haft.
    Roundtime: 5 sec.

You remove a perfect rolaren handaxe with a brown bear skin-wrapped haft from in your golvern box.
    Last edited by Macillus; 04-03-2023 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Item sold!

Man, if only all scripted items, animal body parts, and non-singable gems could be used! Hell if you could change the same thing as many times as you wanted this thing would be super legendary. That being said, it is still really cool. Hope it finds a good home. I was contemplating bidding but I was literally gonna try to do all 3 no-nos. lol

Quote Originally Posted by chrenraf View Post
    Man, if only all scripted items, animal body parts, and non-singable gems could be used! Hell if you could change the same thing as many times as you wanted this thing would be super legendary. That being said, it is still really cool. Hope it finds a good home. I was contemplating bidding but I was literally gonna try to do all 3 no-nos. lol
    Yeah, the skins used have to be actual 'skin-type' items (skin, hide, pelt, fur, etc). Body parts (horn, hoof, fang, tail, and the like) do not. However, it can be used with gems that have been cut with lapidary and gemcutter patterns. Cannot recall which scripted items may have worked, but good rule of thumb has been if something is dyeable at the tent it will also work in the box.

If I don't get anything at the auction, I'll snap this up if it's still for sale.... it'd be nice to have as an option when folk commission me to make weapons for them