Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Indicted in New York

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Nope, I am far more correct in this idiotic political witch hunt than you have ever been, come to think of it, that applies to most things you have posted. Your tears, or more likely your disappearance again hoping that people will forget how wrong you are, yet again, will be delicious. So tell us about your law degree again? Have you stopped harboring your fugitive family member that is breaking federal law yet?

I might have to order a 5 gallon bucket from Steven Crowder or Ben Shapiro to contain your, Solkern and Seran's tears from this.
    But you're literally not accurate. You made wild claims about the statute of limitations being over as though such a thing exists outside of actual charges. And then you referred to the tolling of a statute of limitations when someone has been out of the state for a long period of time as "archaic" when actually it's common to the point of being mundane.

You then made some odd insinuation that there will be "tears" when "this" all falls apart as though people had been somehow committing to a particular outcome here, despite evidence to the contrary.

And to cap it all off, you just referred to this as an ideological witch hunt just now when literally this politician's lawyer has already gone to prison for his role in this situation. As though it's somehow normal for prosecutors to send a political lacky to jail for a crime but not the politician who ordered them to commit it.

Nothing you have said up to this point has made any actual sense. As is typical for you, you're just recycling BS right wing narratives without bothering to fact check or question any part of them.
    Last edited by time4fun; 03-22-2023 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    But you're literally not accurate. You made wild claims about the statute of limitations being over as though such a thing exists outside of actual charges. And then you referred to the tolling of a statute of limitations when someone has been out of the state for a long period of time as "archaic" when actually it's common to the point of being mundane.

You then made some odd insinuation that there will be "tears" when "this" all falls apart as though people had been somehow committing to a particular outcome here, despite evidence to the contrary.

And to cap it all off, you just referred to this as an ideological witch hunt just now when literally this politician's lawyer has already gone to prison for his role in this situation. As though it's somehow normal for prosecutors to send a political lacky to jail for a crime but not the politician who ordered them to commit it.

Nothing you have said up to this point has made any actual sense. As is typical for you, you're just recycling BS right wing narratives without bothering to fact check or question any part of them.
    The tldnr translation of your walls of text:

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    We both know the subject of their investigation and have a pretty damn good idea of what the charges will be. It sure as hell ain’t jaywalking and has something to do with how funds were used to shut up a whore. That would have been a shocking thing before the likes of 90s Bill Clinton or even 60s JFK, but that’s kinda par for the course on some of our modern day politicians. We don’t yet know the evidence that supports those charges. As Trump would say, sometimes you just gotta grab a woman by their pussy.
    We have some ideas, yes. Based on available evidence. But no one actually knows what other significant evidence they have (if any). And we don't know what charges they're recommending. We also don't know what the Grand Jury will approve. Typically Grand Juries are a bit of a rubber stamp, but in the case of a former President they may be more hesitant to approve charges.

To be clear, of all of the legal battles he is facing this one is the least concerning for Trump in terms of legal liability. (based only on publicly available evidence) The stolen classified documents case, the fake electors scheme, the overall efforts to subvert the election, and the specific efforts in Georgia are likely bigger legal threats.

Based on what we know, I'd say this is more of a political threat than a legal threat. Some people will rally to his side initially, but as these dominos continue to drop people are going to be increasingly concerned about his electability. And candidly mainstream voters aren't likely to be thrilled about voting for someone standing trial for criminal charges. DeSantis may be increasingly viewed as the safer bet.
    Last edited by time4fun; 03-22-2023 at 01:28 PM.

DeSantis may be increasingly viewed as the safer bet.
    Works for me. DeSantis will mop Biden.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

hi, good night, everybody
    It's a travesty of biblical proportion that would describe how a world super power goes from the likes of Jefferson, Adams and Franklin to John Fettermans in less than 300 years.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    I admire Santos in that he has managed to troll the fuck out of the entire system. He's shown how retarded the electorate is and proven that the political parties are even more retarded than the electorate.

"I'm going to lie about everything, they won't vet my claims and still elect me." Should be every Trump supporter's game plan.
    Fixed that for you. Trump was the OG Grifter and it is now par for the course for the Republicans apparently.

Based on what we know, I'd say this is more of a political threat than a legal threat.
    There is another little nugget of truth that I can agree with you on (kinda).

Do you see how by you stating this, I can deduct that we both know these criminal charges are horse shit that won’t actually result in a conviction but instead being used as a political tool?

The sad part is, if that is indeed the case that the charges are easily defeated, your party is doing nothing but making Trump more popular. If you really wanted Trump to be out of the picture, let his political influence just naturally wane (as it has been as people grow tired of Trump’s ego bullshit). Instead it’s the Democrats that keep making him the boogeyman and that attracts Republican voters who want to give their opposition the finger. For voters it’s kinda like when you pick an attorney…you don’t have to like that person and it’s actually somewhat desirable for their job to be a dick/bitch. That’s what folks like you simply don’t understand about the appeal of Trump. AKA, Trump = late 90s early 2000s Fred Durst
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 03-22-2023 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Fixed that for you. Trump was the OG Grifter and it is now par for the course for the Republicans apparently.
    Ok welfare guy
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    It's a travesty of biblical proportion that would describe how a world super power goes from the likes of Jefferson, Adams and Franklin to John Fettermans in less than 300 years.
    Indeed.

That’s also roughly the same amount of time it took between the construction of Solomon’s Temple and it’s destruction in the siege of Jerusalem by the Second Babylonian Empire.

Indeed.

That’s also roughly the same amount of time it took between the construction of Solomon’s Temple and it’s destruction in the siege of Jerusalem by the Second Babylonian Empire.
    Biblical stories with which to compare thine enemies amongst the Democrats? How very Christian Fundamentalist of you. Are you also one of those that think Trump is the second coming of Christ?