Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: 4-Day Workweek

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Hah, I don’t get overtime unless I do over 84 hours in two weeks.
    I work 84 in two weeks as well, I choose to not take overtime, instead I get 4 hours of comp time per period, I do that because of the idiosyncrasies of GS overtime pay.



    Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    I work from home, I would love 4-10s. My company, despite being 24/7/365 can't seem to balance the load to allow that despite the fact I work from 11:30 to 8 and would be fine working 9:30 to 8 or some variation. Irritating.
    Have you spoken to him about it, or is he just kind of a tool and does not care about his employees productivity and happiness.

    No one will ever convince me that 4-10's are not more productive, just like trop hours, especially in an office environment, but it holds true for good employees that work remotely too.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In amazement
    Posts
    6,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    I work 84 in two weeks as well, I choose to not take overtime, instead I get 4 hours of comp time per period, I do that because of the idiosyncrasies of GS overtime pay.





    Have you spoken to him about it, or is he just kind of a tool and does not care about his employees productivity and happiness.

    No one will ever convince me that 4-10's are not more productive, just like trop hours, especially in an office environment, but it holds true for good employees that work remotely too.
    It's a company wide policy for CS of one of the top 4 insurance companies in the US and lots of us have pushed for years and it's the same thing about only having a 30 min lunch, "workforce management can't make the coverage load work" Which is BS cause I have worked for other companies in CS and they did fine. My issue is billable hours on the phone with customers instead of just getting shit done. It's stupid, I am pretty sure despite my pay raise this year (welcome after 2 without one) I am going to look into other opportunities. Besides, they are pretty heavily infected with DEI and other racist and sexist policies.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    If it is true that work expands to fill the available time, then 32 hours should be plenty. Should the extra day off be Monday, Wednesday or Friday?
    Some employers have pushed back on the idea, arguing that a shorter workweek would end up jamming workers more than they anticipate.
    “The negative side of a four-day workweek is that employers will demand more dedication during the four days,” Russell Reeder, CEO of data protection company Infrascale, wrote in Forbes. “Trying to force the out-of-date, nine-to-five workday into a four-day model will have negative repercussions, creating more stress and less time to take care of life as it happens.”
    Interesting how the biggest threat to employees working four eight hour shifts that can be thought up is their being made to 'work harder'. Yes, I imagine having three days off each week will certainly cause 'less time to take care of life as it happens' since workers will have.. more free time.

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Interesting how the biggest threat to employees working four eight hour shifts that can be thought up is their being made to 'work harder'. Yes, I imagine having three days off each week will certainly cause 'less time to take care of life as it happens' since workers will have.. more free time.
    That's funny coming from the retarded shit eater who works 0 hours a day 7 days a week.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible



  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    6,550

    Default

    we have explored a 35 hour workweek and have found that most people are still able to hit their numbers despite removing 5 hours from the week. Im not sure if its a bigger indictment on the system or the workers.
    Discord: anebriated

    Looking for old characters:
    Elrodin 100 Ranger
    Moider 100 bard

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anebriated View Post
    we have explored a 35 hour workweek and have found that most people are still able to hit their numbers despite removing 5 hours from the week. Im not sure if its a bigger indictment on the system or the workers.
    Increasing worker efficiency is a core concept of good management, as is hiring people who want to do 8 hours of work for 8 hours of pay. If you decrease the workday to 32 hours per week before overtime is owed, then you'll simply get 32 hours of work from your employee. The flipside of that argument is how will employees feel about missing out on 8 hours of pay? They can go out and get additional employment, or perhaps their employer will simply work out an exempt salary arrangement, but either way that employee will have to find a way to replace the missing wages.

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Increasing worker efficiency is a core concept of good management, as is hiring people who want to do 8 hours of work for 8 hours of pay. If you decrease the workday to 32 hours per week before overtime is owed, then you'll simply get 32 hours of work from your employee. The flipside of that argument is how will employees feel about missing out on 8 hours of pay? They can go out and get additional employment, or perhaps their employer will simply work out an exempt salary arrangement, but either way that employee will have to find a way to replace the missing wages.
    "Hi yes I'd like to apply for this job. I only need to work 8 hours a week. That should be good, right?"

    Seran you fucking dumbass.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible



  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    yo mama
    Posts
    5,367

    Default

    I’m salaried. It doesn’t matter to my employer if I work 2 hours a week or 80 so long as I do my job well. My annual incentive bonus is based on my individual performance and other factors. On average I work 50 hours a week not including being on-call for client emergencies 24/7.

    I really have no skin in the game for this discussion, but my gut says this kind of legislation is slightly premature. In a few years AI will certainly decrease a lot of the time we need to spend at work, but nobody knows for certain exactly what that is going to look like or how we will solve those unemployment issues.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    6,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    I’m salaried. It doesn’t matter to my employer if I work 2 hours a week or 80 so long as I do my job well. My annual incentive bonus is based on my individual performance and other factors. On average I work 50 hours a week not including being on-call for client emergencies 24/7.

    I really have no skin in the game for this discussion, but my gut says this kind of legislation is slightly premature. In a few years AI will certainly decrease a lot of the time we need to spend at work, but nobody knows for certain exactly what that is going to look like or how we will solve those unemployment issues.
    Excuse me, we don't do rational thought here.
    Discord: anebriated

    Looking for old characters:
    Elrodin 100 Ranger
    Moider 100 bard

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •