Thread: Threading via 5G Smartphone / Laptop

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The best way to do this is actually to run Teamviewer on your home PC with a solid network connection, and control that PC from either a cell phone or tethered laptop, vs trying to rely on a weak or unstable connection. It should potentially reduce the network traffic also as all the commands / logging / data is being done via your home PC to the game servers, while your remote device is just interfacing with the streamed display and KB/Mouse inputs.
    Last edited by Maerit; 03-01-2023 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    The best way to do this is actually to run Teamviewer on your home PC with a solid network connection, and control that PC from either a cell phone or tethered laptop, vs trying to rely on a weak or unstable connection. It should potentially reduce the network traffic also as all the commands / logging / data is being done via your home PC to the game servers, while your remote device is just interfacing with the streamed display and KB/Mouse inputs.
    I use the Remote Desktop built into the google platform to play from my home PC when I’m at work.it can be a little slow at times but it gets the job done.
    Last edited by Anebriated; 03-02-2023 at 05:57 AM.
    Discord: anebriated

Looking for old characters:
    Elrodin 100 Ranger
    Moider 100 bard

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    If you're trying to save bandwidth, I'm not sure that Teamviewer would be the best approach. Instead of a text stream, now you have images and if you're using encryption all that will get encapsulated. Teamviewer or similar is great for just "playing" on an iPad or if you can't install the client and connect directly.

Regardless, getting throttled to 256kbps still leaves plenty of bandwidth to play GS.
    Last edited by Ramrod; 03-02-2023 at 06:13 PM.