Thread: Official Forums officially locked from posting

Default Official Forums officially locked from posting

Seems sometime in the past handful of days the Official Forums have been locked from being posted in.

I hate discord, but I logged in quick to see what the forums look like on there and they look like shit. Still hard to navigate and the functionality of it isn't any better over a basic chat room. The way Discord presents stuff it looks like just a bunch of large bubble chats that have too much empty space that waste so much room on the screen. Even the forums on PC are better to look at and use over Discord. Right now in the same size window I can see 13 topics on PC, but on Discord I can only see 5. Then when you click on a topic in the Discord forum it all just dumps into a free for all chat window. I fucking hate discord and it's layout and UI, like it was designed by a 10 year old and built to cater to a bunch of pubescent freaks. I suppose I'm one of the few that hates discord so most folks will just say, "Oh, look at the baby, crying like a little bitch!"

I'd like to say I'm surprised that they're too fucking cheap to get someone to code a proper forums, but I'm not. Cheap fuckers. I'm sure there was some kind of announcement somewhere about the officials being finally closed, but I don't discord so I'm sure I missed it there.

Yeah I really don't like Discord either. The official forums were a hot mess, but at least they were actually designed to be a forum. Discord forums is just a glorified chat room.

There is just little to no activity on the official forums. And loads of activity on discord.

While I do like the functionality of the forums better, there just isn't uptake on it like discord.

If they had to streamline, and focus on one option, its obvious discord was going to win, as it gets the most eyes.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world — those who understand binary, and those who don't.

My Trade List (kept updated)
    http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...e-s-Trade-Bait

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sile View Post
    There is just little to no activity on the official forums. And loads of activity on discord.

While I do like the functionality of the forums better, there just isn't uptake on it like discord.

If they had to streamline, and focus on one option, its obvious discord was going to win, as it gets the most eyes.
    The rainbow jihad killed the last remaining active participants on the official forums.

They tried to kill the PC forums as well. Then they tried to make their own version of PC and they destroyed that by out jihading each other.

It went kind of like this:

Last edited by Neveragain; 02-16-2023 at 02:46 PM.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Sile View Post

People primarily don't use the officials because they're from like 1992. As for a means of getting information, most people would probably prefer a forum format over Discord. Just not forums using 30 year old technology that are garbage all around.

They could have literally just used vBulletin like the PC does and it would have been a drastic improvement.

But I don't think Simu even wants a forum format, because that's usually easier to go dig up dirt from old posts than a chat room format like Discord.
    Last edited by Methais; 02-16-2023 at 02:53 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The rainbow jihad killed the last remaining active participants on the official forums.

They tried to kill the PC forums as well. Then they tried to make their own version of PC and they destroyed that by out jihading each other.

Jesus Christ…that is the most disorganized gathering of pansy-ass snowflakes I’ve ever seen. What the hell is a “point of personal privilege”?

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    Jesus Christ…that is the most disorganized gathering of pansy-ass snowflakes I’ve ever seen. What the hell is a “point of personal privilege”?
    Pretty sure it's max PC for "EVERYONE SHUT THE FUCK UP SO I CAN SAY SOME DUMB SHIT!!!!!"
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    What the hell is a “point of personal privilege”?
    a right, immunity, or benefit enjoyed by a particular person or a restricted group of people beyond the advantages of most: the privileges of the very rich.
    In this setting I can only assume it's a form of self flagellation.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post

Want to see how society collapses? Just watch the above.

The fact these morons have enough time in their day to go through the bullshit they are, says a lot about the world - and easy society - we've created. First sign of trouble or civil discord, and some knuckle-dragging savages are going to steamroll them and make them their prison bitch.

Holy fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    Seems sometime in the past handful of days the Official Forums have been locked from being posted in.

I hate discord, but I logged in quick to see what the forums look like on there and they look like shit. Still hard to navigate and the functionality of it isn't any better over a basic chat room. The way Discord presents stuff it looks like just a bunch of large bubble chats that have too much empty space that waste so much room on the screen. Even the forums on PC are better to look at and use over Discord. Right now in the same size window I can see 13 topics on PC, but on Discord I can only see 5. Then when you click on a topic in the Discord forum it all just dumps into a free for all chat window. I fucking hate discord and it's layout and UI, like it was designed by a 10 year old and built to cater to a bunch of pubescent freaks. I suppose I'm one of the few that hates discord so most folks will just say, "Oh, look at the baby, crying like a little bitch!"

I'd like to say I'm surprised that they're too fucking cheap to get someone to code a proper forums, but I'm not. Cheap fuckers. I'm sure there was some kind of announcement somewhere about the officials being finally closed, but I don't discord so I'm sure I missed it there.
    Proper forums code is tied to billing.