Thread: fun, cheap, quarterstaff?

1. Default fun, cheap, quarterstaff?

Looking to try and make a quarterstaff build work. By all accounts this will be a disaster. If you've tried it and have an abandoned project in your locker (or find something nice in your prize package at DR) lemme know what you've got. Since I suspect this isn't going to work I'm not looking to spend too much so nothing too fancy. Just a step up over OTS so I can feel like I'm giving it a real try.

EDIT: cheap one found. Thanks all! If you happen to have HCW one to offload cheap hit me up. Otherwise consider this a success. At least until I stick it in my locker and get a real weapon.
    Last edited by Remo; 02-08-2023 at 04:02 PM.

Appreciate the desire for self-flagellation. Internal pain and suffering while working through impossible tasks is a true trait of a GS player.

That being said - Just go dual whip-blades and call it a day.
    A gremlock whispers, "You died so easily. You need to get used to it.".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Remo View Post
    Looking to try and make a quarterstaff build work. By all accounts this will be a disaster. If you've tried it and have an abandoned project in your locker (or find something nice in your prize package at DR) lemme know what you've got. Since I suspect this isn't going to work I'm not looking to spend too much so nothing too fancy. Just a step up over OTS so I can feel like I'm giving it a real try.
    I may have a perfect one in a locker somewhere if that is what you are looking for. I think it is perfect razern
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

EDIT: cheap one found. Thanks all! If you happen to have HCW one to offload cheap hit me up. Otherwise consider this a success. At least until I stick it in my locker and get a real weapon.
    I've been having great success with my translucent vultite-alloy quarterstaff (yep, the MCW one). I've taken it to 8x and added grapple flares, they help at times if the flare triggers when TRIP fails to knock the target prone. Anything in rigid/scale armor and below dies pretty quick after I TRIP them since trip applies vulnerable many of my next attacks hits the neck, head or eyes (I'd say 75% of the time one of those locations is hit) and it generally results in death. Chain armor, a good enough endroll generally allows the removal of limbs or heads, usually not much more difficult than rigid/scale armor and under to kill.

Plate armor, on the other hand, it is a pain in the ass to crit kill. My warrior, however, is fully 2x in hiding and 1.5x in ambush. He just makes use of WAYLAY and generally two WAYLAY hits and anything in plate that he comes up against is dead. Sometimes I just WAYLAY the crap out of any target and it's fun to get a 300+ endroll and trigger 200+ damage as the target not only melts from the loss of health, but also when the crit weighting cleaves off limbs and smashes in heads.

On top of it, the reduced RT of -1 for melee weapons means I now swing the quarterstaff in 3 seconds and my TRIP roundtime also went down to 2 seconds. It's a very viable weapon to use for hunting against anything that's not in plate. Plate requires ambushing or waylay in an attempt to kill those creatures in a quick fashion.

5. Default

That is awesome and gives me hope. It's working better than expected so far. Though I think HCW would help a lot :P

That is awesome and gives me hope. It's working better than expected so far. Though I think HCW would help a lot :P
    I've also got a pure paladin (yeah, I know....I'm odd when it comes to doing off the wall builds). He uses TRIP with his runestaff and then bolts stuff. He kind of needs the use of wands a lot, but hopefully as I slowly level him more and more the need for wands will diminish.

TRIP is much improved since PSM3 was finalized so it is actually a worthwhile skill to obtain if you're in need of a fast, cheap knockdown for a single creature.