Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ban TikTok?

1. Default

While I understand the concerns about TikTok and its parent company's obligations under Chinese law, I think it's important to look at the bigger picture. TikTok is just one piece of the puzzle. U.S. companies are also collecting loads of data, so it's not like we're immune to data mining.
    Honestly, whether it's Xi Jinping or some other algorithm knowing what videos we watch, it may not make a huge difference in our daily lives. Plus, banning TikTok might not be the most effective solution. It's a platform that brings joy to many, and there are tons of creative and entertaining content on there.
    Keep scrolling, keep sharing, and Buy TikTok auto likes to show support for the content you enjoy! Let's embrace the trends and keep the good vibes going.
    Last edited by brycechard; 06-23-2023 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brycechard View Post
    While I understand the concerns about TikTok and its parent company's obligations under Chinese law, I think it's important to look at the bigger picture. TikTok is just one piece of the puzzle. U.S. companies are also collecting loads of data, so it's not like we're immune to data mining.
    Honestly, whether it's Xi Jinping or some other algorithm knowing what videos we watch, it may not make a huge difference in our daily lives. Plus, banning TikTok might not be the most effective solution. It's a platform that brings joy to many, and there are tons of creative and entertaining content on there.
    Keep scrolling, keep sharing, and Buy TikTok auto likes to show support for the content you enjoy! Let's embrace the trends and keep the good vibes going.
    You need to read the license agreement, they can and will collect anything and everything in your device and anything it can collect without any indication.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

First, respect & uphold the Constitution. Then, fuck China. It needs to be in that order. That is my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    You need to read the license agreement, they can and will collect anything and everything in your device and anything it can collect without any indication.
    You're talking to a bot.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Man, the CCP must be getting really desperate sending bots to spread their propaganda on the PC.

6. Default

I understand your perspective, ClydeR. The debate over TikTok's data handling is indeed complex. Some argue that it's no different from data collection by other social media platforms, while others are concerned about the potential influence of Chinese law on user data. It's essential to have these discussions and consider the implications of such apps on national security and individual privacy.

By the way, if you're interested in boosting your presence on Instagram, you can explore the best place to buy real Instagram followers. It's a strategy some use to increase their Instagram following and engagement.
    Last edited by brycechard; 10-05-2023 at 04:58 AM.

im upset that I spent a few minutes trying to remember what this thread was about just to see it was bumped by a bot.

Saw your post first so I’m not going to go back and read the thread but tiktok is an awful platform and even if it’s not banned people should stay off. The fact that the algorithm is majorly different in china vs US should be a red flag to any users.
    Last edited by Anebriated; 10-04-2023 at 06:03 AM.
    Discord: anebriated

Looking for old characters:
    Elrodin 100 Ranger
    Moider 100 bard

After pushing everybody to ban Tik Tok while he was President, Trump has changed his tune. Why? Because banning Tik Tok would help an American company that Trump calls the "true Enemy of the People." Was it ever about spying? If Trump is using his current influence over the House to punish his critics, even in ways that conflict with Trump's past policy positions, what do you think he will do if he is reelected?

Former President Trump stunned Republican China hawks this week when he appeared to argue against banning TikTok, the juggernaut video app owned by Beijing-based Bytedance and beloved by young Americans.

Why it matters: Trump spearheaded the original U.S. threat to ban TikTok over national security concerns. Four years later, President Biden and Congress have picked up the mantle — with a bipartisan bill targeting Bytedance set to hit the House floor next week.

Driving the news: "If you get rid of TikTok, Facebook and Zuckerschmuck will double their business. I don't want Facebook, who cheated in the last Election, doing better. They are a true Enemy of the People!" Trump posted on Truth Social Thursday.

• Hours earlier, a key House committee voted unanimously to advance a bill — backed by Biden — that would force ByteDance to divest its ownership of TikTok within 165 days.
    • Members of Congress were bombarded with calls and threats from angry constituents this week after TikTok launched an aggressive campaign warning its users that the app was at risk of being shut down in the U.S.

Zoom in: Neither Trump nor his campaign posts on TikTok, but the shift in position is a sign that the former president recognizes the platform's massive appeal to younger voters — many of whom are disenchanted with Biden.
    • Snippets of speeches, impersonations, and other organic content involving Trump routinely rack up tens of millions of views on TikTok.
    • Prominent MAGA figures, conservative comedians and other cultural commentators with large followings are highly active on TikTok, which has become one of the top sources of news for Gen Z.
    • The Nelk Boys, for example — hosts of a podcast Trump has appeared on twice — boast a staggering 4.6 million followers on TikTok.

More...

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    After pushing everybody to ban Tik Tok while he was President, Trump has changed his tune. Why? Because banning Tik Tok would help an American company that Trump calls the "true Enemy of the People." Was it ever about spying? If Trump is using his current influence over the House to punish his critics, even in ways that conflict with Trump's past policy positions, what do you think he will do if he is reelected?
    I bet you watch a lot of Tik Tok.