Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: David Whatley No Longer CEO of Simutronics

They apparently also made "SIEGE: World War II" which was released about a year before they closed down the servers for "SIEGE: TITAN WARS." Maybe this is what people are referring to online about how Simutronics screwed them over when they shut down the Titan Wars servers; maybe Simutronics had already devoted most of their resources to their new SIEGE game and was just milking Titan Wars players for as long as they could before they pulled the plug. Hmm...that sounds familiar...

Also it looks like "SIEGE: World War II" is still around and people are still playing it. No idea how well it is doing though.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 01-17-2023 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    They apparently also made "SIEGE: World War II" which was released about a year before they closed down the servers for "SIEGE: TITAN WARS." Maybe this is what people are referring to online about how Simutronics screwed them over when they shut down the Titan Wars servers; maybe Simutronics had already devoted most of their resources to their new SIEGE game and was just milking Titan Wars players for as long as they could before they pulled the plug. Hmm...that sounds familiar...

Also it looks like "SIEGE: World War II" is still around and people are still playing it. No idea how well it is doing though.
    Dave Whatley is like Vince McMahon...for every 100 ideas he has, one will be pure genius, and the other 99 will be complete trash.
    Last edited by Methais; 01-17-2023 at 09:20 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Dave Whatley is like Vince McMahon...for every 100 ideas he has, one will be pure genius, and the other 99 will be complete trash.
    He basically had one good idea (Gemstone) that he developed with two other people using content licensed from ICE. DR was originally GS4 before being spun into its own game. Every other idea he's had has been total shit. I'm amazed Stillfront kept him around as long as they did.

Also, the reviews of working for Whatley are about what you'd expect:
    https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Simutroni...ws?ftopic=mgmt
    Last edited by Ramrod; 01-17-2023 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
    He basically had one good idea (Gemstone) that he developed with two other people using content licensed from ICE. DR was originally GS4 before being spun into its own game. Every other idea he's had has been total shit. I'm amazed Stillfront kept him around as long as they did.

Also, the reviews of working for Whatley are about what you'd expect:
    https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Simutroni...ws?ftopic=mgmt
    I wonder which GM this was:

[Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Blog Entries

I like the "ALAE member" who rated Simu 5 stars.

Dragons of Elanthia and Galahad actually had a tiny amount of buzz around them. They had booths at PAX and had a few articles written about them with modestly positive impressions. Then... nothing. I guess Whatley couldn't or wouldn't capitalize on it and they died in development.

I dl'ed Galahad this past weekend to see what their 'early access full release' looked like. There are 2-3 bots on each team of 10, and there are team mates and enemies with real seeming names that I suspect are really bots, too. This is past the tutorial, in matchmaking.
    Last edited by Taernath; 01-17-2023 at 04:08 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I like the "ALAE member" who rated Simu 5 stars.
    I totally missed that but at them thinking they work for Simutronics because they were ALAE.

I suspect whoever this person is lives on Discord 24/7 now.

Blog Entries

I totally missed that but at them thinking they work for Simutronics because they were ALAE.

I suspect whoever this person is lives on Discord 24/7 now.
    Pros: I can work as much or as little as I like.

Cons: I don't get paid.

Rating: 5 stars!
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

I wonder which GM this was:

It was written in April, 2019. Know any GM's that left around that time frame?

Could also be a DR GM.

GMs are not staff nor employees, other than Wyrom.
    I don't want the world; I just want your half.
    Discord BigNasty#8519

Quote Originally Posted by Rinualdo View Post
    GMs are not staff nor employees, other than Wyrom.
    Same with ALAE, but that didn't stop them from writing a review.