Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tax question.

Default Tax question.

I’m back living in the states, While my bank is here, my income still comes from abroad. Do I report my income as foreign income still? Place of living doesn’t matter, right?
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    I’m back living in the states, While my bank is here, my income still comes from abroad. Do I report my income as foreign income still? Place of living doesn’t matter, right?
    There's a few ifs there, but you may be entitled to an exemption. Here's the link with info to decide if you qualify. Depends on time abroad, taxation status of the earning country and when you officially settled down here again.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/inte...come-exclusion

I would probably just consult a tax expert...

I certainly wouldn't take tax advice from someone who claimed that people who are self employed pay nothing into SS/Medicare or even file tax returns.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I would probably just consult a tax expert...

I certainly wouldn't take tax advice from someone who claimed that people who are self employed pay nothing into SS/Medicare or even file tax returns.
    That's cute and a blatant mis-characterization of a post linking to IRS data that more than 7 billion in payroll taxes alone are not properly paid. But who exactly would take you seriously when you believe anecdotally that because you pay self employment taxes, that everyone else does without fail. Even more embarrassing in light of the post showing over 400b in taxes owed to paid each year according to the IRS. So which do we believe more, IRS figures and publications, or a moronic MAGA-head like Parkbandit.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    That's cute and a blatant mis-characterization of a post linking to IRS data that more than 7 billion in payroll taxes alone are not properly paid. But who exactly would take you seriously when you believe anecdotally that because you pay self employment taxes, that everyone else does without fail. Even more embarrassing in light of the post showing over 400b in taxes owed to paid each year according to the IRS. So which do we believe more, IRS figures and publications, or a moronic MAGA-head like Parkbandit.
    Unless you're an actual person that handles taxes and know the ins and outs, I'd say Parkbandit is correct, talk to a professional.

Just think if something happens and he gets audited and all Solkern can say is I got my advice on the PC from someone with the name Seran.....they're going to laugh at him. As much as you want to defend your position and everything you post, I wouldn't take any actual advice from you (let alone anyone) here on the PC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    Yes, the shit Seran posted has nothing to do with your situation.. Also, just go to HR block or some shit. They are cheap and you can blame them when they fuck up.

Hell, TurboTax can even handle your stuff, including live tax advice, for like $100.
    Last edited by Gelston; 01-13-2023 at 04:34 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

There's a few ifs there, but you may be entitled to an exemption. Here's the link with info to decide if you qualify. Depends on time abroad, taxation status of the earning country and when you officially settled down here again.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/inte...come-exclusion
    Yeah thanks for that link, I don’t qualify anymore since I wasn’t abroad for 330 or more days.
    Last edited by Solkern; 01-13-2023 at 05:00 PM.
    The idiot award goes to…

The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Let's take a look at this "blatant mis-characterization"...

Quote Originally Posted by Seran
    Now a significant number of Americans are self employed and not paying payroll taxes

That's literally what you posted... then you doubled down on your stupidity later on:

Shocker, self employed individuals aren't compliant with paying their taxes.
    Like I said.. the VERY LAST person I would take tax advice from.. is Seran.

Subjects I would also not take Seran's advice when it came to:
    Employment opportunities
    Being successful
    Mensa and you.
    General hygiene.

Subjects I WOULD take Seran's advice on:
    How to sit in your own shit and not care.
    Taking advantage of your parents and still living at home in your 40's.
    Scraping by on Welfare in 5 easy steps.
    The Do's and Don'ts of dumpster diving.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Not at all surprised how solidly against research and self-enlightenment the far righters are, after all their political choices revolve subservience to the idea they're not good enough to think for themselves. A shame too, considering how expensive lawyers and accountants are, having a basic understanding of a topic before you seek expert help is in fact how you should approach any situation.

Not at all surprised how solidly against research and self-enlightenment the far righters are, after all their political choices revolve subservience to the idea they're not good enough to think for themselves. A shame too, considering how expensive lawyers and accountants are, having a basic understanding of a topic before you seek expert help is in fact how you should approach any situation.
    Solkern's question wouldn't require "lawyers and accountants".. and your "advice" was nothing more than a Google search that was wrong.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME