Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP 2023

Lance Reddick, 60

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tolwynn View Post
    Lance Reddick, 60
    damn. I didn't know the name, but I looked and he was good in john wick. Sad

Quote Originally Posted by beldannon5 View Post
    damn. I didn't know the name, but I looked and he was good in john wick. Sad
    Yeah it’s sad! He was damn good in wick
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Willis Reed, 80, Knick Great... and man there aren't many of those.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

Al Jaffee, 102. artist for Mad Magazine for decades.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

6. Default

Len Goodman. 78. Dancing with the Stars Judge.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Jerry Springer - 79
    Last edited by Solkern; 04-27-2023 at 11:19 AM.
    The idiot award goes to…

The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

8. Default

throws a chair
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

This is going to be odd. I'm okay with that. I hope you are as well.

Hi. Some of you, I know. If you're new here, you're not missing anything, except maybe the Repageddon thread. I've enjoyed Gemstone off and on since 1995. It was a place I could go to escape and experience the positive vibes of friendships and helping one another to achieve goals. Goals in a text-based game from the 80's aren't super important, but the people I met impacted me in a positive way. One of these people was Warclaidhm. I still have a character that has his Warrior's Guild pin, "Warclaidhm - Master of Warcries".

A couple of years back, I did some traveling, alone, without my phone or any tech, and hid some treasures in the continental US. In January of 2022, I began a novel with clues to the locations. I finished it last November and self-published 100 leather-bound copies, which arrived roughly a month ago (see pic). They turned out okay, I guess. They'll be available via the website if you can find it for the next four months or so. After that, who knows what will happen to them. I think that's exciting. Eventually, I expect the IRS will come calling. I've arranged that they'll be handed a book. I think that's funny.

As many of you know, I'm generally bad at life and have been from the beginning. I've multiple mental illnesses and personality disorders. They affect my life and especially close relationships in a profoundly negative way. I've had to make a different way besides the typical 9-5, and that served me well, but then my perspective of what is truly important changed. My goals changed. Some things are more important than 100 oz of gold, a hard drive with 5.6 bitcoins, a pile of silver or a 30 lb beautifully sculpted Canyon Diablo meteorite, for example. I have two children. I've done all I can for them, and no one escapes childhood unscathed. It's okay. In 100 years, no one will remember any of us anyway.

To anyone here who has ever responded to any of my posts, or left me any sort of reputation whatsoever, thank you for making me feel like I existed, no matter what you said. If you were kind to me, I was moved, no matter how seemingly insignificant your message or act appeared to you at the time.

I guess I'm just comfortable in my anonymity here, as I've always been, and feel the need to vent some of this to random people with which I might have at least one thing in common. A game we enjoyed.

On September 23 of this year, I'm going to go back to one of these places and go to sleep. I'm not sad. I'm excited. I'm as sure as I can be that everything will go off as planned, but I have some experience with this sort of thing. There are a lot of moving parts, and I can't control when one of those missing will be discovered. I can only guarantee that when anything is found, it will make the news, and the legend of any find will surpass any legend of the treasures that came before. Not because of the treasures themselves, but because of what will be found with them. This is how I know they're still there. Of the locations, there is only one to which I dare return now.

This is my final post. I always wondered how high my post count might go. Now we know. 12,640, or, 13. Appropriate. My best to all of you. All of you. May you all find happiness and peace, if you haven't already.

-WB

20230215_123233.jpg
    20230215_122948.jpg
    20230215_124333.jpg

Listen closely. Here’s an example of the kinds of things you can expect. Consider the solution, which can be arrived at multiple ways, a message from me.

“Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, because rhythm and harmony find their way into the inward places of the soul.” -Plato

This quote from Plato is one of my favorites. One brilliant book written so long ago, the key to so many unspoken truths today, and he just gives them all away for nothing. I love that. Finding these splashes of color on the otherwise dark canvas of life is a wonderful way to start a morning, I think. Absolutely heavenly.

Keep me still and we're preserved,
    Republics guard us jealously,
    In One in darkness I’m reserved,
    Conveyed to light the death of me.

The Secret Puzzle.jpg
    Last edited by Wrathbringer; 04-27-2023 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    This is going to be odd. I'm okay with that. I hope you are as well.

Hi. Some of you, I know. If you're new here, you're not missing anything, except maybe the Repageddon thread. I've enjoyed Gemstone off and on since 1995. It was a place I could go to escape and experience the positive vibes of friendships and helping one another to achieve goals. Goals in a text-based game from the 80's aren't super important, but the people I met impacted me in a positive way. One of these people was Warclaidhm. I still have a character that has his Warrior's Guild pin, "Warclaidhm - Master of Warcries".

A couple of years back, I did some traveling, alone, without my phone or any tech, and hid some treasures in the continental US. In January of 2022, I began a novel with clues to the locations. I finished it last November and self-published 100 leather-bound copies, which arrived roughly a month ago (see pic). They turned out okay, I guess. They'll be available via the website if you can find it for the next four months or so. After that, who knows what will happen to them. I think that's exciting. Eventually, I expect the IRS will come calling. I've arranged that they'll be handed a book. I think that's funny.

As many of you know, I'm generally bad at life and have been from the beginning. I've multiple mental illnesses and personality disorders. They affect my life and especially close relationships in a profoundly negative way. I've had to make a different way besides the typical 9-5, and that served me well, but then my perspective of what is truly important changed. My goals changed. Some things are more important than 100 oz of gold, a hard drive with 5.6 bitcoins, a pile of silver or a 30 lb beautifully sculpted Canyon Diablo meteorite, for example. I have two children. I've done all I can for them, and no one escapes childhood unscathed. It's okay. In 100 years, no one will remember any of us anyway.

To anyone here who has ever responded to any of my posts, or left me any sort of reputation whatsoever, thank you for making me feel like I existed, no matter what you said. If you were kind to me, I was moved, no matter how seemingly insignificant your message or act appeared to you at the time.

I guess I'm just comfortable in my anonymity here, as I've always been, and feel the need to vent some of this to random people with which I might have at least one thing in common. A game we enjoyed.

On September 23 of this year, I'm going to go back to one of these places and go to sleep. I'm not sad. I'm excited. I'm as sure as I can be that everything will go off as planned, but I have some experience with this sort of thing. There are a lot of moving parts, and I can't control when one of those missing will be discovered. I can only guarantee that when anything is found, it will make the news, and the legend of any find will surpass any legend of the treasures that came before. Not because of the treasures themselves, but because of what will be found with them. This is how I know they're still there. Of the locations, there is only one to which I dare return now.

This is my final post. I always wondered how high my post count might go. Now we know. 12,640, or, 13. Appropriate. My best to all of you. All of you. May you all find happiness and peace, if you haven't already.

-WB

20230215_123233.jpg
    20230215_122948.jpg
    20230215_124333.jpg

Listen closely. Here’s an example of the kinds of things you can expect. Consider the solution, which can be arrived at multiple ways, a message from me.

“Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, because rhythm and harmony find their way into the inward places of the soul.” -Plato

This quote from Plato is one of my favorites. One brilliant book written so long ago, the key to so many unspoken truths today, and he just gives them all away for nothing. I love that. Finding these splashes of color on the otherwise dark canvas of life is a wonderful way to start a morning, I think. Absolutely heavenly.

Keep me still and we're preserved,
    Republics guard us jealously,
    In One in darkness I’m reserved,
    Conveyed to light the death of me.

The Secret Puzzle.jpg
    Jesus dude…I’m not playing your creepy postmortem scavenger hunt. Nobody cares about that shit. I sincerely hope you get some help and don’t kill yourself.

PS: please don’t shoot up a school