Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unlimited Hurling Bandolier Enchanting

Question Unlimited Hurling Bandolier Enchanting

Hi All,

I love unlimited hurling bandos as an RP inspired weapon (I even built a whole character around just the bando, he's 72 now).

They used to be near impossible to enchant and do any work on. Since DR started I noticed Wyrom would work on them and add enchant and weighting but only in DR. Obviously this is extremely expensive.

Recently i saw in a thread on the forums someone mentioned Wizards can enchant them. That is news to me. Was there an update? Wizards can take them to 10x? Can someone show me the update on this, also how do you work on them? Can you use the WPS wagon then with them now as well? IF this is true, what other work can be done on them now? All player services?

Thanks.
    Last edited by nocturnix; 01-02-2023 at 06:52 AM.

2. Default

To enchant, leave the item inside the bandolier, pour the potions on the item while it is in the bandolier. And then cast at the item while it is still in the bandolier. This will "anchor" the enchant to the item in the bandolier. Enchanting is the only service that this works with because you don't have to be holding something to enchant it. You can enchant something in a bag, or a disk, or on the ground. All other player services require you to be holding the item.

As I mentioned before, I think they have always been this way, but I don't know for sure. I took my bandolier to 10x last year and the person who just bought the bandolier on Discord has theirs up to +30 last I spoke with them.

Feel free to hit me up if you have questions or need help.

Wow, had I known about this...

OK i guess it's time to start enchanting then.

Just to be clear, the increase in enchant applies on all subsequent summons of items? So by enchanting the item within the bando, it permanently increases enchant of the weapons summoned from bando?

Quote Originally Posted by Lavastene View Post
    To enchant, leave the item inside the bandolier, pour the potions on the item while it is in the bandolier. And then cast at the item while it is still in the bandolier. This will "anchor" the enchant to the item in the bandolier. Enchanting is the only service that this works with because you don't have to be holding something to enchant it. You can enchant something in a bag, or a disk, or on the ground. All other player services require you to be holding the item.

As I mentioned before, I think they have always been this way, but I don't know for sure. I took my bandolier to 10x last year and the person who just bought the bandolier on Discord has theirs up to +30 last I spoke with them.

Feel free to hit me up if you have questions or need help.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    Just to be clear, the increase in enchant applies on all subsequent summons of items? So by enchanting the item within the bando, it permanently increases enchant of the weapons summoned from bando?
    Correct!

Code:
    As you recall your song, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the rolaren alfange in your hand, and you learn something about it...

It imparts a bonus of +50 more than usual.
    It is a holy item.
    It is temporarily blessed against the undead.
    It is a small item, under a pound.
    It is estimated to be worth about 1,500,000 silvers.
    It is predominantly crafted of rolaren.
    It may be enchanted up to a bonus of 50 by a wizard and was last enchanted by Lavastene.
    It is an intricate project (596 difficulty) for an adventurer to modify.
    It has a temporarily unlocked loresong by you for 4 days, 23 hours and 59 minutes.
    Taken from one of the daggers I just pulled from my bandolier.
    Last edited by Lavastene; 01-02-2023 at 10:30 AM.

Anyone know if Weighting can be added somehow?

I know its possible with DR, but that tends to be more expensive. Not sure if there are any other ways outside of DR.
    Last edited by nocturnix; 01-02-2023 at 11:06 AM.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    Anyone know if Weighting can be added somehow?

I know its possible with DR, but that tends to be more expensive. Not sure if there are any other ways outside of DR.
    Only way right now is with winning a spin like that at a Wyromania.

They are ineligible for the Smithy, and I have not found a merchant that will do it at any of the rotational WPS merchants. They all say that the item can only be worked on by the owner (which I believe is Wyrom).

Yeah, I did my old axe bando the same way. You can self enchant to 10x but weighting is only via wins at mania (that's how that spear bando got it 10 CER). Wish other services could be put on them not just enchants.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjex View Post
    Yeah, I did my old axe bando the same way. You can self enchant to 10x but weighting is only via wins at mania (that's how that spear bando got it 10 CER). Wish other services could be put on them not just enchants.
    This is correct, I added the 10 cer crit to mine at premium silver auction over the summer.
    “One of the hardest things about giving up any kind of prejudice is being honest with yourself. It’s not easy to say, ‘For nineteen years I’ve been living and believing a certain way and I’m beginning to wonder if what I believed is right.’ Then you go a little further and start admitting, ‘No, I KNOW what I believed is not right. I have no right to feel that way.” - Charlie Daniels

9. Default

That is the eventual plan for mine as well. Dispel flares at DR are next since that isn't so far away.

10. Default

I had the material changed in mine at the last DR to make it non-obsidian so I could enchant it.