Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unlimited Hurling Bandolier Enchanting

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    Hi Lavastene,

I just used a bunch of essence from my two wizards last week to enchant the bando. I think i got it to +32 or +33. I could see it with 405. None of my characters can currently rub the bando in order to remove a spear.

Now today I went to enchant it further, i 405'ed the spear and it says a vibrant green aura! Which is +20 (what it was when i started). Any ideas what happened? It seems I lost all my progress.

When you enchanted yours, did you rub the bando and remove a spear to "finalize" the enchant maybe?

I could rub it and test, maybe its a leftover one or something, but I would need to get 25 thrown ranks on a character, which I will do now but it will take me a few days on my Ranger.
    You shouldn't need 25 ranks in thrown. I know the wiki says that you need 20 ranks in thrown to wear it, but my bard that has 0 ranks in thrown would always just strap on the bandolier, rub it, and then sing to the dagger to make sure the enchant happened.

With that being said, feel free to reach out to me on discord if you want me to take a look at it. I can bring the bard.

FYI you do need 20 ranks to wear the belt. I just tested it. I trained 20 times on my bard. Only then could I wear it. I removed a spear, and it indeed did have the enchant! I'm not srue why 405 was not working before, but now it is. It may be that you need to rub the bando to cycle to a new spear in case 405 does not read right. In general 405 seems a little glitchy, sometimes it works sometimes not.

3. Default

FYI you do need 20 ranks to wear the belt. I just tested it. I trained 20 times on my bard. Only then could I wear it. I removed a spear, and it indeed did have the enchant! I'm not srue why 405 was not working before, but now it is. It may be that you need to rub the bando to cycle to a new spear in case 405 does not read right. In general 405 seems a little glitchy, sometimes it works sometimes not.
    That is odd... Maybe I have a special or glitchy bandolier then? My bard has no ranks and is able to wear and rub the bandolier without any issues.

Code:
    >anal bando
    You analyze your leather bandolier and sense that the creator has provided the following information:
    During your analysis of the bandolier, you discern that it is a special type of sheath that will create a disposable copy of the weapon contained within it.

You can try to RUB, WEAR, and REMOVE the bandolier.

Most merchants will be able to alter the aesthetics of both the bandolier and the weapon within -- but non-aesthetic adjustments are extremely rare.

You might be able to have a talented merchant lighten the leather bandolier for you or deepen its pockets.
    >inspect bando
    Inspecting that may not be a sound idea.
    >l in bando
    Surrounded by some swirling mist is a bone-hilted rolaren alfange scribed with flowing Tehir verse.
    >skill base
     Bard (at level 42), your base skill bonuses, ranks and goals are:
      Skill Name                         | Actual  Actual
                                         |  Bonus   Ranks      Goals  In-Game Time to Goal
      Armor Use..........................|     30       6          6
      Shield Use.........................|    144      44         88  ASAP (will rise when points are available)
      Combat Maneuvers...................|    143      43         44  ASAP (will rise when points are available)
      Edged Weapons......................|    186      86         88  ASAP (will rise when points are available)
      Physical Fitness...................|    144      44         44
      Dodging............................|    132      36.612      0  43 days, 11 hours, 48 minutes
      Magic Item Use.....................|     82      18         24  ASAP (will rise when points are available)
      Harness Power......................|    143      43         44  ASAP (will rise when points are available)
      Elemental Mana Control.............|     96      22         22
      Mental Mana Control................|     96      22         22
      Elemental Lore - Air...............|    120      30         30
      Mental Lore - Telepathy............|     70      15         20  ASAP (will rise when points are available)
      Survival...........................|     90      20         20
      Perception.........................|    144      44         44
      Climbing...........................|    105      25         25
      Swimming...........................|    105      25         25
      First Aid..........................|     90      20         20

Spell Lists
      Minor Elemental....................|              6          6

Spell Lists
      Bard...............................|             35         35

Training Points: 46 Phy 0 Mnt (44 Phy converted to Mnt)

119 days remain until the annual FIXSKILLS is to be granted, on 05/20/2023.

You started this migration period on Friday, 1/6/2023 at 21:28:39 EST.  You have 15 days, 8 hours, 35 minutes remaining in your current 30 day migration period.

You're currently migrating at a rate of .010 skill points per pulse, and have converted 37.320 training points this migration period.

Further information can be found in the FAQs.
    >wear bando
    You slip the bandolier into place and carefully buckle it.
    >rub my bando
    You pull a bone-hilted rolaren alfange scribed with flowing Tehir verse gracefully from your bandolier.
    >drop alf
    As you drop the rolaren alfange, it dissolves into vapor.
    >rem bando
    You carefully unbuckle your leather bandolier and slip it off.

Does the bard RECALL work for these? 405 doesn't give much info, a reliable bard song would be a huge benefit - especially while working up services

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    Does the bard RECALL work for these? 405 doesn't give much info, a reliable bard song would be a huge benefit - especially while working up services
    Yes, you can sing to one of the weapons that you pull from the bandolier and then RECALL QUICK it.

UPDATE:

I enchanted the bando further yesterday to +34. However today when I tried again to enchant it, the spears seem to have reset to +20 again.

I tried equipping on my bard and rubbing/summoning multiple spears. All 4 sang as +20. Even though yesterday they sang as +34 and the potion and enchants were on them. So now I'm really confused as I seem to have lost the progress again. No clue how enchanting these works still, it seems very glitchy and i'm not convinced it actually works despite it seeming to have a worked a few times.

Anyone else figured this out? I'm tempted to ask in officials about it, but that could open a can of worms or the removal of the ability to player enchant them, if it is currently possible.

Yeah they're glitchy I enchanted one these for someone a couple years back and a GM needed to come and fix it, I think it was Thandiwie? If I remember correctly you need to summon the weapon, give the weapon to the enchanter then the enchanter has to drop the weapon after they've enchanted it. It's probably the strangest thing my Wiz has ever enchanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Yeah they're glitchy I enchanted one these for someone a couple years back and a GM needed to come and fix it, I think it was Thandiwie? If I remember correctly you need to summon the weapon, give the weapon to the enchanter then the enchanter has to drop the weapon after they've enchanted it. It's probably the strangest thing my Wiz has ever enchanted.
    Interesting, ok. I could ask GMs.

You can not summon the weapon, and give it to anyone. It's vapor, it poofs when you try that.

This is so odd. I just tried to sing to a summoned spear again and now it has the enchant again.
    [ssing: -- vultite spear, 5 pounds, worth 100,000 silvers, +33 enchant]

It seems random almost as if it is based on the time of day. Maybe its a coincidence but in the morning when i try it has the enchants, in the evening both times it did not. I'm not sure what is affecting this but maybe i'll bugitem it.
    Last edited by nocturnix; 01-23-2023 at 03:36 AM.

Interesting, ok. I could ask GMs.

You can not summon the weapon, and give it to anyone. It's vapor, it poofs when you try that.
    Weird, the weapon I enchanted was a bolt of energy or bolt of lighting, I forget who it belonged to but I'm guessing it is unique so someone must remember who the owner is. I would email Thandiwe and ask them about your bandolier because they fixed the one I enchanted around 2020 or 2021 EG.

OK a GM resolved this for me. FYI, and for point of record, the issue was an easy fix. Somehow after alterations and modifications there were 3 items inside the bandolier (3 spear versions). He removed the duplicates and all is good now.