Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buffcoat alter suggestions wanted

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Buffcoat alter suggestions wanted

I have some dark leather buffcoat that I want to alter the description. But I already have a bodice (a fitted front-laced bodice) and chemise (a silk-lined brocade chemise) Would altering it to a corset make sense? Any ideas?

This is armor right? If so you are limited on nouns. What's the AsG?

https://gswiki.play.net/List_of_alternative_armor_names
    Discord: Jivan#1805

Quote Originally Posted by BHawk View Post
    I have some dark leather buffcoat that I want to alter the description. But I already have a bodice (a fitted front-laced bodice) and chemise (a silk-lined brocade chemise) Would altering it to a corset make sense? Any ideas?
    Change it to a Rippedasfuckcoat
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Yah only cloth armor can be any chest-worn noun.

But you could do something like a lace-collared leather shirt dyed a rich <color> or a lily-tooled gold leather shirt cinched at the narrow waist in pale ribbons.

In theory the bodice should be worn over the front so it would be a bodice over a leather shirt with a chemise underneath.

It's full leather. ASG6
    Change it to a Rippedasfuckcoat
    Ahh yeah, think I'm gonna pass on that suggestion.

Arming doublet
    Buffcoat
    Casting leather
    Casting leathers
    Leather shirt
    Leather pourpoint
    Some interesting ideas...
    Thank you HouseofElves Your suggest sounds good and should work well.

Depending on your preference of whether you want the armor altered and shown, or you don't mind it not being shown, you could buy an armor concealer and if you wear a cloak worn container or other cloak worn item, you can TUCK the armor concealer beneath the cloak, and then no one can see your armor or your armor concealer.

Aha! An armor concealer. I hadn't heard of those. Another good suggestion. I am guessing that they are sold at an event such as Duskruin or Ebon Gate?

Hmm in that light, I do have a Shimmering Trinket. That would work as well.
    Last edited by BHawk; 12-29-2022 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BHawk View Post
    Aha! An armor concealer. I hadn't heard of those. Another good suggestion. I am guessing that they are sold at an event such as Duskruin or Ebon Gate?

Hmm in that light, I do have a Shimmering Trinket. That would work as well.
    They're pretty common. There's 10 right now in player shops. Just search for "armor concealing": https://ps.lichproject.org/items?s=a...ncealing&f=F_B

There's probably a lot more sitting in people's lockers. For AsG 6 full leathers, you only need one that covers torso and arms. Anything up to torso, arms, and legs is relatively inexpensive. The ones that cover the head get more expensive, but you don't need one of those.

And yeah, the shimmer trinkets work as well also, especially if you're wanting to hide a bunch of things. But if it's just the armor you were worried about, then an armor concealer is a bit simpler.

Armor concealers aren't currently a recurring item sold at any of the pay events, they've mostly been available at one-off free festivals.

But you can get a full armor concealer from Trouble Waters but keep in mind that one has to have a "hood" or "cowl" because it gives full head-to-toe coverage

Armor concealers may impact scripts on armor. For example ithziri scripts won't function under armor concealers