Thread: What Ascension skills to get first?

Default What Ascension skills to get first?

I capped my wizard about 9 months ago. Im still plugging away with my post capped goals: finished x3 spells, x2 EMC, and now working on x2 lores. I started putting some of my exp into ascension and got 5 spell aim and 3 aura.

My question is What should a bolting wizard with 502/519 CS on the side work on?

I could use the input if any elder wizards still come to this site.
    Lady Nairena
    Mage of the Wind
    Waggling Drakette of The Drakes Vanguard

I put 10 into Spell aiming, dex, logic, EMC, int, then went back to spell aiming, I probably should have put some into Aura and maybe wisdom for the crit weighting on bolts.

3. Default

I will always refer to this...

https://gswiki.play.net/Leafiara_(pr...Considerations

On my side of things, I am at 9.6m and haven't started putting really anything into ascension. When I do, I plan on finishing up maxing out my stats, I went for balanced as opposed to tanking one stat. I plan on moving in to dodging and combat maneuvers before I really think about ascension.

Most of the time it is open rolls and maneuvers that get me.

Code:
    Lavastene (at level 100), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
      Skill Name                         | Current Current
                                         |   Bonus   Ranks
      Armor Use..........................|      10       2
      Physical Fitness...................|     201     101
      Arcane Symbols.....................|     302     202
      Magic Item Use.....................|     302     202
      Spell Aiming.......................|     302     202
      Harness Power......................|     201     101
      Elemental Mana Control.............|     302     202
      Spirit Mana Control................|      25       5
      Elemental Lore - Air...............|      93      21
      Elemental Lore - Earth.............|     105      25
      Elemental Lore - Fire..............|      96      22
      Survival...........................|     150      50
      Perception.........................|     201     101
      Climbing...........................|     150      50
      Swimming...........................|     150      50
      First Aid..........................|     150      50
      Trading............................|     220     120

Spell Lists
      Major Elemental....................|             100

Spell Lists
      Minor Elemental....................|              75

Spell Lists
      Wizard.............................|              73

Ascended (Bonus)  ...  Enhanced (Bonus)
        Strength (STR):   100 (25)    ...  100 (25)
    Constitution (CON):    98 (19)    ...   98 (19)
       Dexterity (DEX):   100 (35)    ...  100 (35)
         Agility (AGI):    98 (29)    ...   98 (29)
      Discipline (DIS):   100 (15)    ...  100 (15)
            Aura (AUR):   100 (35)    ...  100 (35)
           Logic (LOG):    98 (24)    ...   98 (24)
       Intuition (INT):    98 (29)    ...   98 (29)
          Wisdom (WIS):    98 (29)    ...   98 (29)
       Influence (INF):    98 (19)    ...   98 (19)

Lavastene, your Ascension Abilities are as follows:

Skill                Mnemonic        Ranks Type           Category        Subcategory
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Aura                 aura            1/40  Passive        Common          Stat            
      Dexterity            dexterity       2/40  Passive        Common          Stat            
      Discipline           discipline      1/40  Passive        Common          Stat            
      Strength             strength        2/40  Passive        Common          Stat

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Sylvan View Post
    I capped my wizard about 9 months ago. Im still plugging away with my post capped goals: finished x3 spells, x2 EMC, and now working on x2 lores. I started putting some of my exp into ascension and got 5 spell aim and 3 aura.

My question is What should a bolting wizard with 502/519 CS on the side work on?

I could use the input if any elder wizards still come to this site.
    I did 35 spell aim, 20 DEX, 20 AUR, and I put a few points into air lore too so I could sit on 60 ranks without sacrificing any other trained lores, and I think I put a handful of points into Ranged to fuck around with, which I'll probably undo sometime soon.

Unrelated: I'm drawing a blank here, but FIXSKILLS works with Ascension too right? Just unlearn what you want to drop, use the FIXSKILLS, and then redo it from there? 99% sure that's how it works, but don't want to test it out the expensive way.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Yes to fixskills

Quote Originally Posted by rolfard View Post
    Yes to fixskills

I wonder if anyone has +50 in anything in Ascension yet. With the way costs scale, I couldn't justify pouring more exp into spell aim past +35. 36-40 is what, 400k xp per point?
    Last edited by Methais; 12-08-2022 at 03:50 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post

I wonder if anyone has +50 in anything in Ascension yet. With the way costs scale, I couldn't justify pouring more exp into spell aim past +35. 36-40 is what, 400k xp per point?
    I have +40 to logic on a couple of characters because I’m a huge dork. If you could take stats to +50 then I would have +50 in logic by now.

CURRENTLY:
    Spell Aiming 30
    DEX 16
    AUR 20
    INT 20
    WIS 18
    DIS 5
    LOG 5

Gives a nice balance between extra Bolt AS, CS, crit weighting, and TD. I'll probably get spell aiming to 35, dex to 32, aura int and wis to 30ish, dis to 20, and logic to 25. At least that's how I feel today. I probably have 3 years before i can get to that point. though.

Don't overlook resistance. If maneuvers are what normally get you, wouldn't it be more effective to get resistance against the damage caused by the maneuver? Resistance as a form of defense does not degrade based on encumbrance, like SMR defense does

Id aim for 20% resistance, as I have found that 10% isnt impactful enough
    Last edited by gilchristr; 01-08-2023 at 11:51 PM.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

I really wish that they’d let you take resistances to 50% via HESS certs so that I don’t feel this ridiculous desire to get the “best” form of max resistance (50%) via Ascension. Obviously this will take the rest of my life to actually achieve.