Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Naijin no longer on staff

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post

It's remarkably boring and tedious if you're not scripting, and Simu's obsession with wanting to slow down combat just in general is retarded. It doesn't seem like that extra second would have that much of an effect, but it does. But it's whatever, I've accepted it and until if/when it goes gamewide, I just stick to normal areas. They're easier to juggle while at work anyway, and there's no real incentive to go hunt an area that has built in nerfs when you don't need to.
    Honestly, this is some of the things that Simu totally fucked up. Back before divergence and spell burst, I had 5+ accounts I think where I would just load up on every spell I could then go hunt. If the game was faster and I could wear every spell everywhere, I'd have more accounts. Leveling/finishing goals is the most fun part of the game to me and them slowing shit down means I spend less. Well leveling and cybering myself in Methais's house are the two most fun things IG.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
    Warriors outperform every single class right now, hands down.

I might disagree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Simu opened that can of worms, and have no one else to blame but themselves. With as much customization as GS offers, they could have made plenty of money just selling cosmetics in the Simucoin store, or at least just not selling nuclear items outright for thousands of dollars at Simucoin events. You (Simu) can't claim to be wanting game balance while simultaneously selling stupidly overpowered items for large amounts of cash and still expect to be taken seriously. I'll also never be convinced that at least some nerfs, whether it was wizard nerfs or something else, weren't done with some sort of P2W bullshit in mind, no matter how much Simu denies it. That whole deal where they created a new bolt spell, gave it to monks, laughably justified that as "Well if Savants DID exist, they could use the spell, therefore this is an appropriate spell slot!" and then were selling SK items of that same spell at the next DR kind of proves the point, despite the fact that that's not really nerf related. But it still paints the same general picture. And it isn't even really a good spell. Best case, it should have been a new common wand that got added to the game or something, not a $1000 SK item.

As if Simu gives a fuck what I think. Come on now.

It's remarkably boring and tedious if you're not scripting, and Simu's obsession with wanting to slow down combat just in general is retarded. It doesn't seem like that extra second would have that much of an effect, but it does. But it's whatever, I've accepted it and until if/when it goes gamewide, I just stick to normal areas. They're easier to juggle while at work anyway, and there's no real incentive to go hunt an area that has built in nerfs when you don't need to. Even cranking up the loot wouldn't matter all that much since loot is capped now anyway, so I'm not even sure what sort of carrot there could be. That convoluted mess of Hinterwilds "carrots" they were talking about a while back isn't it though.

They seem to forget that GS is a text game where there aren't actual animations that play out in front of you and other things that keep you engaged while roundtime equivalents are ticking down.

And while I have no actual data to back this up, I'm fairly certain that most capped wizards have long since gone back to the non-Divergence areas. Estild has also stated on Discord that they basically don't give a shit if something is fun or not, because balance. Not in those actual words of course, but I'm too lazy to go find the post, and you've probably seen it anyway.

You could also level from 0-100 using 0x gear and just spamming ATTACK. Do you really want to though? Being able to hunt an area isn't all that much of an indicator in this game.

I'll be shocked if it's ever completed, tbh. Same with Ascension. How long have we been waiting for the other Ascension tiers now?
    Hopefully it’s all scrapped. Ascension and Divergence are dumb and only make the game less fun to play.

Just add more level 100 grounds to the game without the stupid RT/Rift-like bullshit. It’s a fucking game and Estild/Naijin sucked all the fun away.

I laugh at all your logic and how pures are locked behind warding/bolting or even lowly warmage! Ha!

You can get a reduxmage and be a successful hunter. It takes discipline and dedication, but it is viable. You people need to get gud!

Code:
    Help with enhancives and ascension.....any odd ball skills you see, they're actually from enhancives, just ignore them.

(at level 61), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
      Skill Name                         | Current Current
                                         |   Bonus   Ranks
      Armor Use..........................|     175      75
      Shield Use.........................|     169      69
      Combat Maneuvers...................|     162      62
      Edged Weapons......................|     211     111
      Physical Fitness...................|     172      72
      Magic Item Use.....................|      69      14
      Harness Power......................|     154      54
      Elemental Mana Control.............|       2       0
      Elemental Lore - Air...............|     138      39
      Elemental Lore - Earth.............|     117      29
      Stalking and Hiding................|      10       2
      Perception.........................|     164      64
      Climbing...........................|     138      39
      Swimming...........................|     131      35

Spell Lists
      Major Elemental....................|              20

Spell Lists
      Wizard.............................|              13

>health
    You seem to be in one piece.

Maximum Health Points: 193
       Remaining Health Points: 193

Maximum Spirit Points: 9
       Remaining Spirit Points: 9

Maximum Stamina Points: 123
      Remaining Stamina Points: 123

Physical Damage Reduction: 15.81%

your Combat Maneuvers are as follows:

Skill                Mnemonic        Ranks Type           Category        Subcategory
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Cunning Defense      cdefense        5/5   Passive                                        
      Disarm Weapon        disarm          2/5   Setup          Warrior Guild                   
      Feint                feint           5/5   Setup          Warrior Guild                   

Available Combat Maneuvers Points: 6

your Ascension Abilities are as follows:

Skill                Mnemonic        Ranks Type           Category        Subcategory
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Armor Use            armoruse        5/50  Passive        Common          Skill           
      Edged Weapons        edgedweapons    5/50  Passive        Common          Skill           
      Physical Fitness     physicalfitness 5/50  Passive        Common          Skill           

Available Ascension Abilities Points: 1

Shield: 7x/T2
    Falchion: 7x/T2, 7 CER crit & 4 CER damage
    Armor: studded leather, 7x/T2, 2 CER crit & 6 CER damage

AS = 343
    DS (offensive) = 321
    Sacrifice those spells, focus on armor use and you, too, could be doing combat with a redux mage in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    I laugh at all your logic and how pures are locked behind warding/bolting or even lowly warmage! Ha!

You can get a reduxmage and be a successful hunter. It takes discipline and dedication, but it is viable. You people need to get gud!

Code:
    Help with enhancives and ascension.....any odd ball skills you see, they're actually from enhancives, just ignore them.

(at level 61), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
      Skill Name                         | Current Current
                                         |   Bonus   Ranks
      Armor Use..........................|     175      75
      Shield Use.........................|     169      69
      Combat Maneuvers...................|     162      62
      Edged Weapons......................|     211     111
      Physical Fitness...................|     172      72
      Magic Item Use.....................|      69      14
      Harness Power......................|     154      54
      Elemental Mana Control.............|       2       0
      Elemental Lore - Air...............|     138      39
      Elemental Lore - Earth.............|     117      29
      Stalking and Hiding................|      10       2
      Perception.........................|     164      64
      Climbing...........................|     138      39
      Swimming...........................|     131      35

Spell Lists
      Major Elemental....................|              20

Spell Lists
      Wizard.............................|              13

>health
    You seem to be in one piece.

Maximum Health Points: 193
       Remaining Health Points: 193

Maximum Spirit Points: 9
       Remaining Spirit Points: 9

Maximum Stamina Points: 123
      Remaining Stamina Points: 123

Physical Damage Reduction: 15.81%

your Combat Maneuvers are as follows:

Cunning Defense      cdefense        5/5   Passive                                        
      Disarm Weapon        disarm          2/5   Setup          Warrior Guild                   
      Feint                feint           5/5   Setup          Warrior Guild                   

Available Combat Maneuvers Points: 6

your Ascension Abilities are as follows:

Armor Use            armoruse        5/50  Passive        Common          Skill           
      Edged Weapons        edgedweapons    5/50  Passive        Common          Skill           
      Physical Fitness     physicalfitness 5/50  Passive        Common          Skill           

Available Ascension Abilities Points: 1

Shield: 7x/T2
    Falchion: 7x/T2, 7 CER crit & 4 CER damage
    Armor: studded leather, 7x/T2, 2 CER crit & 6 CER damage

AS = 343
    DS (offensive) = 321
    Sacrifice those spells, focus on armor use and you, too, could be doing combat with a redux mage in no time.
    Yeah but like...why?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Hopefully it’s all scrapped. Ascension and Divergence are dumb and only make the game less fun to play.

Just add more level 100 grounds to the game without the stupid RT/Rift-like bullshit. It’s a fucking game and Estild/Naijin sucked all the fun away.
    Pretty much. Just ask the players what they want and develop around that instead of their idea of what the game should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Yeah but like...why?
    Same reason I've got a pure paladin that uses his runestaff to trip and then he bolts.
    Or a hiding warrior that uses his MCW quarterstaff and uses waylay. Because I can.
    Or a shield bashing, THW-hurling warrior.
    Playing the same old and tried and true classes gets dull. I find it entertaining to see what kind of mutants I can make and see how viable they really are.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
    Pretty much. Just ask the players what they want and develop around that instead of their idea of what the game should be.

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    Or a hiding warrior that uses his MCW quarterstaff and uses waylay.
    Sell this to me instead

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcasaurus View Post
    Sell this to me instead
    He trips things first and if the target is squishy, an unaimed attack usually hits the head or neck 75% of the time due to trip applying VULNERABLE. If a target isn't squishy, then he hides and uses WAYLAY. With vulnerable being active, about 75% of the time an unaimed waylay hits the head/neck and has a decent chance to kill and if it doesn't, it can take large amounts of health depending on the endroll results.

Only downside is that his hiding skill lags behind what a rogue can do or a ranger (if they make use of camouflage), so I've been putting ascension points into stalking & hiding (currently has 8 ranks in stalking & hiding through ascension).

The upside to training in stalking & hiding is that you get the reduced RT for hiding and sneaking once you hit the appropriate thresholds. With ascension, I just recently hit 90 ranks last training, so he's down to a 2 second hide and a 1 second sneaking RT. He's at 92 ranks at level 41. I should hit 120 ranks around level 49/50 to get his hiding RT to 1 second.

You can get the WAYLAY to trigger twice in one swing, from what I can tell, if you have your weapon bonded and set to to a second attack. Also, if you have multiple creatures in the room and you have Executioner's Stance active, it looks like the WAYLAY effect carries over to the second target if Executioner's Stance triggers. I don't see these happen that often, so I can't say with 100% certainty that the WAYLAY effect carries over, but I know the DS pushdown does from a bonded weapon second strike on the same target.
    Last edited by drumpel; 12-06-2022 at 10:15 AM.