Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Naijin no longer on staff

Default Naijin no longer on staff

Apparently this happened over a week ago. How come I'm always the last to know these things?

Anyone have the drama filled version of what happened? Or even the non-drama filled version?

as far as I know he's been flirting with the idea of quiting the whole thing for a like six months. Simu likely just prolly just said if that's the way you feel then okay this time... maybe?

I appreciated what he did with PSM3 but if this means the poorly conceived pickpocketing flag idea is off the table, I can’t say I mind.
    Discord: Jivan#1805

his coding and ability to figure out what previous dev did was off incredible, some/most of his ideas weren't my favorite. Just the idea if you rage quit so many times.. How many becomes too much before someone else can do it for you. Trying to be a GM in this game must be horrible all the way around. It's like being the guy who hands out mashed potatos as a food kitchen and everyone getting mad that you don't have hashbrowns.

Quote Originally Posted by BLZrizz View Post
    I appreciated what he did with PSM3 but if this means the poorly conceived pickpocketing flag idea is off the table, I can’t say I mind.
    Some of it was good, some of it was shit.

I wonder if he was working on the 2nd and 3rd tiers of the Ascension system....a system that was supposed to be finished after PSM3 released. It's been 1.5 years since then and still no indication if the system is coming out or if even being worked on.

Sucks to lose someone that codes for the game, but at the same time I can't say I'd miss him and some of his ideas.

To be fair he did say on the TSC interview when he joined that it wasn't going to be forever, he stayed much longer than I thought he would.

7. Default

He left because whenever he did something, he would get eviscerated on the Mechanics discord. Go ahead and check it out, usual complainers can easily be identified

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Apparently this happened over a week ago. How come I'm always the last to know these things?

Anyone have the drama filled version of what happened? Or even the non-drama filled version?
    99% chance he was butthurt over people not liking his shitty ideas, despite him apparently being a really good coder.

Quote Originally Posted by LOL BRIELUS View Post
    He left because whenever he did something, he would get eviscerated on the Mechanics discord. Go ahead and check it out, usual complainers can easily be identified
    Perhaps he (and most of Simu dev in general) should stop forcing trash on players then. Especially when he doesn't seem to really know shit about most professions in the first place.
    Last edited by Methais; 11-28-2022 at 03:28 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LOL BRIELUS View Post
    I don’t know, I saw some people on Discord suggest that the PC did it, that the sheer psychic presence of this place that he never read drove him from the game.

I think I like that one better.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I don’t know, I saw some people on Discord suggest that the PC did it, that the sheer psychic presence of this place that he never read drove him from the game.

I think I like that one better.
    I wonder what scapegoat Discord would use if the PC didn't exist. They might have to actually do some self reflection and realize that they have helped make the GS Discord a pretty toxic place where dissent is squashed and that the toxic GMs are indeed toxic GMs. They would also have to realize that part of the problem is that Simu/Stillfront doesn't really care all that much about the game or the playerbase, they just want to make as much money as possible before the bottom falls out, and that they should be demanding more focus be placed on the game.

Let's get real though, they would probably blame Jesus or something.