Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Election Fun!

Senator Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, a centrist Republican, won a fourth full term on Wednesday, according to The Associated Press, overcoming a conservative backlash against her independent streak and her vote to convict former President Donald J. Trump for incitement of insurrection after the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021.

Ms. Murkowski was declared the winner after securing more than 50 percent of the vote, a mandated threshold under the state's new ranked-choice system. She defeated Kelly Tshibaka, a conservative rival backed by Mr. Trump and the state Republican Party, and Pat Chesbro, a Democrat.

More...
    Ms. Murkowski was the only Senate Republican up for re-election this year who voted to convict Mr. Trump, a move that prompted a fierce backlash from Republicans in her state. She has also frustrated her party by supporting Democratic nominees for the Supreme Court and for positions in President Biden's administration.

She has played a key role in negotiating several bipartisan compromises, including the $1 trillion infrastructure law, which she highlighted in several appearances across her state. Ms. Murkowski, one of just two Senate Republicans who support abortion rights, has expressed support for codifying abortion rights after the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade and openly expressed her dismay over the decision.

Ms. Tshibaka had sought to capitalize on conservative wrath against Ms. Murkowski, who retained the backing of Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the minority leader, and his allies. But the use of ranked-choice voting, as well as an open primary system that sent the top four candidates regardless of party through to the general election, was championed by some of her allies in part to help centrist candidates like Ms. Murkowski.

Murkowski's survival is disappointing for Republicans. And McConnel's financial support of Murkowski over the Alaska GOP endorsed candidate has made many people, including Trump, very angry. Trump's endorsed candidate speaks a language that no other person on earth knows. It is a spirit language taught to her by Danali, which is apparently a sacred mountain in Alaska. You can hear her speak it and explain it in the below video..

Oops! I linked the wrong video. My bad.

Here's the correct video of the Alaska GOP US Senate candidate who narrowly lost to Lisa Murkowski..

Murkowski got that 2nd vote bullshit passed in Alaska.. now the citizens of that state are forced to keep her until she is a bloated dead corpse... and if she was running in PA, they would elect her one more time.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Because it's inconvenient or more expensive isn't a reason to not enforce gun safety mechanism at the manufacturer level. If it prevents even one shooting or death, it's justified.
    The working person on a tight budget has a 2nd amendment right to firearm ownership, and in most cases are in need of a firearm to defend themselves & their family more than a middle class or wealthy person. It is absolutely not justified for you to force someone to be a defenseless victim to violent crime because gun control makes it unaffordable for them to own a life saving tool. Shame on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    I do have a biometric locked gun next to my nightstand. I stopped using it because the battery kept dying, and half the time I had to use the key that came with it to open it. That's the key that you use when the battery dies, effectively going around the biometric lock. I've not seen any models without a key, but I have not researched it extensively.
    I got one from Cabellas (big box store branded) and second this.

Mine was a piece of junk that I threw away. It didn’t recognize my fingerprint most times, and 3X of a bad read it sounds an ear piercing annoying death alarm to alert the bad guys of your presence. I prefer the numeric code electronic locks.

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    No you fucking idiot, I said the TSA causes us annoyance and discomfort that we put up with to be safe. Why can’t the same be applied to guns? Is there any discomfort or annoyance that we can do to stop schools from being shot up.

I know reading comprehension is difficult for you. I suggest going back to school.
    Because one is a Right and restricting it does not achieve the desire effect and the other is not.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    The working person on a tight budget has a 2nd amendment right to firearm ownership, and in most cases are in need of a firearm to defend themselves & their family more than a middle class or wealthy person. It is absolutely not justified for you to force someone to be a defenseless victim to violent crime because gun control makes it unaffordable for them to own a life saving tool. Shame on you.
    You must pay for insurance and registration to drive. It's a financial burden, but one that creates unbelievable efficiencies. Guns can be a tool too, and has been a boon to out society as well. Just like vehicles, there's a cost to ownership that one must bear to exercise the privilege.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Because it's inconvenient or more expensive isn't a reason to not enforce gun safety mechanism at the manufacturer level. If it prevents even one shooting or death, it's justified.
    Should we outlaw cars, so that people like Darrel Brooks won't run over people intentionally like he did 67 people in a Christmas parade? If we prevent even on roadrage or murder by car, it's justified.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    Just to play devil’s advocate. No where in the constitution does it state that a firearm must be affordable. The constitution doesn’t care if you can afford a gun or not. The right to bear arms, not the right to have an affordable gun that is within my budget. A homeless/low income person can say guns are too expensive! It’s my right to own one!
    Last edited by Solkern; 11-25-2022 at 01:23 AM.
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    Just to play devil’s advocate. No where in the constitution does it state that a firearm must be affordable. The constitution doesn’t care if you can afford a gun or not. The right to bear arms, not the right to have an affordable gun that is within my budget. A homeless/low income person can say guns are too expensive! It’s my right to own one!
    "...Shall not be infringed."
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie