Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Twitter!

Exclamation Twitter!

From an article published April 25, 2022..

EXCLUSIVE: Former President Trump will not return to Twitter, even as Elon Musk purchases the social media company and reinstates his account, instead using his own TRUTH Social as the sole platform for his voice.

More...
    "I am not going on Twitter, I am going to stay on TRUTH," Trump told Fox News. "I hope Elon buys Twitter because he'll make improvements to it and he is a good man, but I am going to be staying on TRUTH."

If you're a Twitter shareholder, congratulations. So sorry, though, if you bought stock in DWAC. Trump is the only reason that anybody uses Truth Social. He started it because he was kicked off Twitter. Now that Musk owns Twitter and says he may offer a way for banned people to be reinstated, I predict that Trump will abandon his investors and make Truth Social worthless. Twitter is an addiction he won't be able to resist.

It's up to Musk, of course. Does he want to knock out a competitor and increase the popularity of his newly acquired company, which reinstating Trump would do? Or does he want to please uptight advertisers, who would be uncomfortable with Trump's return to social media?..

Mr. Musk said this spring that as owner of Twitter he would reinstate former President Donald Trump's account, which the platform suspended indefinitely after linking Mr. Trump's comments to the Jan. 6 Capitol riot. That would be a red line for some brands, said Kieley Taylor, global head of partnerships at GroupM, a leading ad-buying agency that represents blue-chip brands.

About a dozen of GroupM's clients, which own an array of well-known consumer brands, have told the agency to pause all their ads on Twitter if Mr. Trump's account is reinstated, Ms. Taylor said. Others are in wait-and-see mode. Ms. Taylor said she expects to hear from many more clients if Mr. Trump's account returns.

More...
    Musk posted a message on Twitter to advertisers, saying that it is important that Twitter allow a "wide range of beliefs to be debated," while preventing Twitter from becoming a "free-for-all hellscape." There's a lot of acreage between those points.

Trump needs to find a way to returning to Twitter without harming his investors and without suffering the ignominy of having another of his companies go bankrupt. Normally, the answer would be to talk Musk into buying Truth Social, even if at a big discount. But since Trump made blistering comments about Musk on Truth Social, which you probably missed, and at public rallies over the summer, which you probably heard about, Musk may not feel at all inclined to bail Trump out.

I'm not even going to touch the SEC investigations -- plural -- around possible issues of fraud.

There are too many moving pieces to get a sense of how the change in ownership of Twitter will affect politics.
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

2. Default

I like that he came in and immediately fired the top three people there. Other than that, I didn't read your troll post.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    I like that he came in and immediately fired the top three people there. Other than that, I didn't read your troll post.
    They would have probably quit anyways, now they get a severance.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    From an article published April 25, 2022..

If you're a Twitter shareholder, congratulations. So sorry, though, if you bought stock in DWAC. Trump is the only reason that anybody uses Truth Social. He started it because he was kicked off Twitter. Now that Musk owns Twitter and says he may offer a way for banned people to be reinstated, I predict that Trump will abandon his investors and make Truth Social worthless. Twitter is an addiction he won't be able to resist.

It's up to Musk, of course. Does he want to knock out a competitor and increase the popularity of his newly acquired company, which reinstating Trump would do? Or does he want to please uptight advertisers, who would be uncomfortable with Trump's return to social media?..

Musk posted a message on Twitter to advertisers, saying that it is important that Twitter allow a "wide range of beliefs to be debated," while preventing Twitter from becoming a "free-for-all hellscape." There's a lot of acreage between those points.

Trump needs to find a way to returning to Twitter without harming his investors and without suffering the ignominy of having another of his companies go bankrupt. Normally, the answer would be to talk Musk into buying Truth Social, even if at a big discount. But since Trump made blistering comments about Musk on Truth Social, which you probably missed, and at public rallies over the summer, which you probably heard about, Musk may not feel at all inclined to bail Trump out.

I'm not even going to touch the SEC investigations -- plural -- around possible issues of fraud.

There are too many moving pieces to get a sense of how the change in ownership of Twitter will affect politics.
    99% chance Trump ends up using a proxy account on Twitter that just reposts everything he says on Truth.

It will be run by his Latino cousin who until now preferred to remain unknown, Carlos Trump.

Last edited by Methais; 10-28-2022 at 05:17 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    99% chance Trump ends up using a proxy account on Twitter that just reposts everything he says on Truth.]
    Kind of dumb of him not to just repost everything from Truth to Twitter. He could even make it so it says on the bottom of each tweet "Follow me on Truth Social!" or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Kind of dumb of him not to just repost everything from Truth to Twitter. He could even make it so it says on the bottom of each tweet "Follow me on Truth Social!" or whatever.
    If he's directly posting to Twitter, people would just stop using Truth now that Twitter is being cleaned up.

If it looks like "someone else" is posting all that on Twitter, which will happen anyway whether it's via a proxy account or just some third party whatever that has nothing to do with Trump besides that, then that probably wouldn't be the case, or at least not as bad, despite the end result effectively being the same.

And/or maybe Trump wants to see if the media will flock to Truth to shriek at him 24/7 once they're back in full butthurt mode if/when he announces he's running again.

Either way, being that Truth is his company, abandoning it, directly or indirectly, wouldn't be a good move
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

lol truth social

i do hope that trump is unbanned from twitter. him crying all day about how mean everyone is to him was really entertaining

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    They would have probably quit anyways, now they get a severance.
    I worked in HR and executive compensation for about 5 years. Executives, quitting or getting fired, most often get packages regardless. Only the most egregious violators truly get fired with no severance. Even then, I can't think of a single person who didn't get something at my company. Corporate America is all about getting the signature and making problems go away.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by joeyb View Post
    lol truth social

i do hope that trump is unbanned from twitter. him crying all day about how mean everyone is to him was really entertaining
    I loved how everyone is like "the world will end if Trump comes back to twitter", then then quote everything he's said on whatever his app is called and talk about trump on twitter.

Get more triggered.

-Superracist, Joe Biden

-My favorite liberal

I give it approximately 2 months before the Lefty "politicians" are trying to ban/limit/investigate/pass legislation against/destroy Twitter.

They're going to be pissed they lost a hold on "their" media platform.
    Last edited by Shaps; 10-28-2022 at 08:46 PM.