Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NY Civil Investigation of Trump Is Heating Up

Default NY Civil Investigation of Trump Is Heating Up

For 20 years, Donald Trump and his family enriched themselves through "numerous acts of fraud and misrepresentations," New York Attorney General Letitia James alleges in a new lawsuit that accuses the Trumps of "grossly" inflating the former president's net worth by billions of dollars and cheating lenders and others with false and misleading financial statements.

The civil lawsuit, filed Wednesday in State Supreme Court in Manhattan, seeks a $250 million judgment and a prohibition on any of the Trumps leading a company in the state of New York.

More...
    Who thinks Trump would exaggerate his weatlh?

Although not mentioned in the above article, NY is also asking for the appointment of an independent person to oversee the operation of Trump businesses in New York. That is the thing that will most irritate Trump.
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

2. Default

Not being a lawyer, I have no idea, but I really hope Trump has some recourse to sue the city of NY and the AG for this. They are going after him like he's Al Capone. Using the legal system as a cudgel to try and destroy him, his livelihood and his family is fucked up. I hope he gets hundreds of millions of tax payer dollars from the government and the people of NYC have to pay for it.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

3. Default

Just go listen to recordings of Letitia James and tell me this isn't personal and a vendetta by a government official.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Not being a lawyer, I have no idea, but I really hope Trump has some recourse to sue the city of NY and the AG for this. They are going after him like he's Al Capone. Using the legal system as a cudgel to try and destroy him, his livelihood and his family is fucked up. I hope he gets hundreds of millions of tax payer dollars from the government and the people of NYC have to pay for it.
    Just a poor innocent victim. Lol
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.

Blog Entries

If it is as you say, he can counter-sue and even go get the bar to consider revocation of licenses.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quarter of a billion at the minimum.

He’ll have his day in court. Him and his team will likely just repeat “witch hunt” over and over but at least it can be in front of a judge.

Also, trump pled the fifth hundreds of times when questioned about this. I thought the mob and criminals only used the fifth?

This has all been well documented, his scheme of over-inflating or under-inflating values on things to achieve desired goals. It was done in the settling of Fred Trumps estate, to reduce the value of it all 90% (see Mary Trump's book about it, and the resulting lawsuits), it's his one trick that he does over and over. Letitia James's suit, brought documentation on a great many properties, all of which had third party witnesses attesting to both the purchase values, and then the inflated values of said properties. All of which is on paper, signed by alot of people that aren't just him.

I find it surprising that you just act as if it's all just fiction. Do you really think the NY AP just fabricated all those property values, the resulting paperwork of their sales, and valuations? Do you really think all the additional witnesses in this case are just lackeys they paid and brought in to sign off on said lies? Really?

Legitimately curious if that's what you actually believe.

Just go listen to recordings of Letitia James and tell me this isn't personal and a vendetta by a government official.
    This isn't a personal vendetta by a government official. This is NY coming for him, after having used the state of NY as his own personal slush fund to do with as he has wanted for decades. They're not even listing the past 3 decades of this hustle that he's done, likely due to statutes of limitations, but they're ONLY focusing on the most recent decade of this activity. There's a great deal more documentation of a great deal more real estate deals where the exact same crime has been committed by the exact same people, in the exact same way, for a very long time making New York out to be a bitch. Letitia James, and NY have every right to come after him, and obviously it's long past due.
    Last edited by Bhaalizmo; 09-22-2022 at 09:57 AM.
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription

Evidently SHM is going with the MAGA proverb, "Innocent until Trump himself is convinced he's guilty."

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I can't believe SHM isn't just blindly believing everything on his TV like I do omg!
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible